Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Soloing/duoing mage guidance?
« Last post by hanlon on March 20, 2018, 09:55:00 AM »
Completing the quest themselves isn't the hard part imo. Its actually figuring out these quest exist that make it hard for new/returning players. I'm constantly helping our new or returning players with small things on the mud and one of the biggest issues most of them have, is they just don't know this stuff exist. There aren't any help files out there to tell them these basic things and most the help files we do have are sadly horribly out of date.  Maybe we can use the Game Knowledge section of the forum to make stickies about the classes and the important details to each class?
General Discussion / Re: Arctic no longer a PvP mud
« Last post by Kam on March 20, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
Finally, a real pker.
« Last post by Kam on March 20, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
The one drawback to Dark Knights is that is reasonably difficult for a newbie to figure out the Lily quest completely on one's own, so once you hit level 25, you might want to hit up a friend or another dark knight to help you get your dragon.

Open to suggestions for making this easier to discover and accomplish if someone has something.
General Discussion / Re: Arctic logs
« Last post by Selik on March 19, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »
oh my god
General Discussion / Re: Arctic no longer a PvP mud
« Last post by Selik on March 19, 2018, 10:26:13 PM »
It will be, shortly.

I promise.
General Discussion / Re: How did you learn about Arctic?
« Last post by Selik on March 19, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »
I Logged in one day, maybe in like 1994(ish)  walked out of the in, someone stabbed me in the back with a fork and killed me instantly.
I was hooked forever.

now you know why I took so many of you out.
I introduced mordack, thoven, and araya to the game who in turn introduced other friends.
« Last post by kanu on March 19, 2018, 02:52:24 PM »
Kelrick,

I really think Dark Knights are a pretty easy class to play, if you follow the rule "never kill evil dragons or evil clerics" (at least until you get to Legend status, which in your case may take a few wipes to do).

They come built in with cure/damage spells and drain and darkness/nightvision can make a lot of soloing when exping really easy. For example, I can solo Raynes for 10 million exp while trying to get the Impune special ability.

The one drawback to Dark Knights is that is reasonably difficult for a newbie to figure out the Lily quest completely on one's own, so once you hit level 25, you might want to hit up a friend or another dark knight to help you get your dragon.

Warriors are pretty good as well, once they get vigor up to very good or so (which I often find happens around level 26-67 if you've been soloing non-stop and going back to train every time you hit skillful in it) because then you regen really, really quickly and soloing is much easier.

David
General Discussion / Re: Nerf corpses and spirits
« Last post by Kadaj on March 19, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
When's the last time you saw a PK battle?
« Last post by Kadaj on March 19, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
Iinen
Valor
Drelin
Quinthers
 and some others I wish I could recall.   Iinen and Valor was a great mud friends,  Drelin was cool but shady like kinda guy.. Quinthers was the ENEMY!!!  we had many palanthas battles...  oh the fun of the old days

Good ol Brandon, I played Iinen and Drelin. I remember Quinthers sleeping you and I stole your large bastard sword off Rumbard. That was a lot of good stuff back then. Palanthas was like a little warzone. I remember making so many mages and getting to 15 or 18 and charming 2-3 young adventurers and hasting them with brass voulges. That was a blast. I was just a little shit back then.
« Last post by Selik on March 18, 2018, 10:33:58 PM »

Also Selik use to be a fun guy.. friend and enemy at times.. DAS BOOTS as he would say :P

DAS BOOT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10