Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Charlie
« Last post by gnua on September 17, 2017, 06:37:21 PM »
As I'm sure everyone has heard by now, Charles Findley(aka Luze) has passed away on the USS John McCain. We will be doing something special for him in game and would like to get some ideas from the players that knew him best. I ask that this thread not be used for trolling and that people take it seriously. We are currently thinking about making a plaque with some quotes or memories, so if you have something you would like to share it would be very helpful.

I and a few others would like to have the Kalaman barbarian guildmaster renamed to Myte Luze
General Discussion / Charlie
« Last post by Willoe on September 17, 2017, 12:09:52 PM »
As I'm sure everyone has heard by now, Charles Findley(aka Luze) has passed away on the USS John McCain. We will be doing something special for him in game and would like to get some ideas from the players that knew him best. I ask that this thread not be used for trolling and that people take it seriously. We are currently thinking about making a plaque with some quotes or memories, so if you have something you would like to share it would be very helpful.
General Discussion / Re: Rising threat
« Last post by Brafu on September 17, 2017, 05:24:57 AM »
I haven't played Arctic in a few years and coming back to the forums to discover that PK has been removed was... well, shocking. I figured it was only a matter of time before something like that happened, but it's still a shock none the less.

I, personally, wouldn't want to play the MUD without PK being at least an option. Sure, I love the PvE aspect and really enjoyed a lot of the zones and how much time and effort went into them, but PK just adds that extra element that PvE can never give, namely the head to head competition against another player. But I have also known for a very long time now that PK had become very toxic to the game's health overall and mostly because certain groups of players inevitably decided to act like dicks and ruin other's fun just because they could.

Now, I haven't read many of the previous posts in this thread because I'm just not going to sit here and read 13 freaking pages. But, I do have an idea or two that might allow PK to be brought back in a more healthy manner.

Like someone else touched upon I think the main focus should be in making additions to the clan system that would allow clans (and hell, possibly unclanned individuals) to declare war on each other and to allow unrestricted pk (yet within the frame work of the old pk rules) between the two sides so that people can still vent their frustrations (or simply just to have a blast) at one another if they choose. It would eliminate the main toxic element of pk, namely killing those who really don't want to get involved, while still allowing those who wish to kill each other.

Sure, it's not exactly that simple since you need to take into consideration people looting stuff that isn't there's from corpses and whatnot, but that can be handled with some simple and straight forward flags that could flip on the pk switch and allow someone to be attacked for a limited time (or hell even for as long as they possess the item and for a short time after they don't).

I know it would remove one big element to the pk aspect of the game, namely being able to attack anyone at virtually any time, and that would indeed diminish pk to some extent. But at the end of the day this game should be fun for everyone and not just those who enjoy pk.

Honestly, I have been thinking about coming back to the game for a few weeks now since I miss playing with some friends and I just miss the game overall, but without pk I think it would feel more like a pointless endeavor to build my character only to ever just slaughter more NPC's and never be able to pit myself against another player.
News / September 13, 2017 -- Pet Ranks for Robed Mages
« Last post by Kam on September 13, 2017, 08:38:47 PM »
September 13, 2017

The issue with conflicting requirements for ranks on utility
   pets for robed mages has been solved.

- Kam
Game Bugs / Re: Newt 7 Rank Auras are currently unpurchasable
« Last post by gnua on September 13, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »
Somehow I didn't see this post, I apologize.

This was a strange error, I'm not sure how it happened.

In any case, this is now fixed.
Thanks for letting us know.

She turned me into a circular reference!
A circular reference?
I got better
Game Bugs / Re: Newt 7 Rank Auras are currently unpurchasable
« Last post by Kam on September 13, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
Somehow I didn't see this post, I apologize.

This was a strange error, I'm not sure how it happened.

In any case, this is now fixed.
Thanks for letting us know.
Around the water cooler / Re: Charlie luze mia...
« Last post by eddiex on September 13, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »
Damn. What a shame.
News / September 10, 2017 -- Divrak the Merchant
« Last post by Kam on September 10, 2017, 01:46:53 AM »
      It would seem that Divrak the Merchant discovered a new
   supplier for his one time best-selling potion. The economy in
   Vingaard is expected to thrive once again as a result.

- Kam
News / September 7, 2017 -- Thorbardin
« Last post by Kam on September 10, 2017, 01:46:06 AM »
    As the Dragonarmies engulf all of Krynn in war, the reclusive dwarves
    of Thorbardin have chosen to further withdraw into their mountain home,
    shutting out the rest of the world and their stupid struggles.

Thanks Sanjuro for the Revamp of Thorbardin.

-Flook
General Discussion / Re: decay + deadbeat
« Last post by Kam on September 09, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
No.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10