Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Questions and Answers / Re: How old is Arctic?
« Last post by Rednax on July 21, 2017, 03:45:57 PM »
Arctic was created in March, 1992.

Go in game and type 'credits', or 'help credits' for a list of implementors. Unfortunately it won't give you a wipe-by-wipe list.

It is kind of outdated though, it was written by Fistandantilus when Flint was overlord and the game was hosted by Phred. Someone should update it!
Questions and Answers / How old is Arctic?
« Last post by Dagda on July 21, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »
I think it would be worth having this information in a history link somewhere. How old is arctic, who were the implementors each wipe, etc.

I really can't remember when arctic came into being - I feel this information existed at one point but I don't know where to find it.
General Discussion / Re: Rising threat
« Last post by Bryton on July 20, 2017, 11:44:29 PM »

Wtf Matt, I liked your post what happened?
Game Ideas / Welfare for Weaker player.
« Last post by Master Mike on July 20, 2017, 11:20:36 PM »
Players in unremarkable clans should get coins gear and free clan halls at the expense of the stronger clans!
« Last post by blackmagus on July 20, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »
I really like that actually. Makes it a point to go to war by either allowing you to attack your enemies or the gear they're hoarding that you're seeking to decay faster.

At the same time, it penalizes folks  who don't engage.
« Last post by Rus on July 20, 2017, 07:37:43 AM »
Second point, the pvp situation should be handled with the clan options. Clanned person could not be attacked, unless the clan is in war. Clans could declare war on each other for a given period of time. Same clan would not be able to declare war on the same target right after a war. When a clan is in war, the clanmembers gear decays in rent much faster, but much slower when they are online (or even nodecay while online). Multiple clans could declare war on the same target, but only when the clan size is large enough. Etc. etc.. along this line.

Agreed. However, people will simply bot and remain online all the time, using timers or triggers to eat/drink in order to preserve their shinies. One way to counteract this is to remove sealable areas in zones and make it so while at war, peace_rooms do not exist. A declaration of war should last two-three days; a long enough period to have  some fun, but also a short period in which a lesser clan can rent out. Make it so a clan after they have been warred cannot be declared again against for the same three or so days.

How about just to change
"When a clan is in war, the clanmembers gear decays in rent much faster, but much slower when they are online"
to
"When a clan is in war, the clanmembers gear decays in rent/peace much faster, but much slower when they are online/out of peace"
MUD Client Discussions / Re: Discord Lorebot
« Last post by Oligo on July 19, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »
fyi - since RISE is done this wipe - Lorebot is now open for public

https://discord.gg/vNuGEpA

Feel free to join and try it out
Around the water cooler / Stupid crazy stupid stupid crap
« Last post by Episte on July 19, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »
Just found out I'm pretty sick. Not like cough cough sick.... Slightly worse. Anyways I got on a couple hours first day of wipe but even that is a far stretch of what I have left.

Ps hi odi
« Last post by Chisul on July 19, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
« Last post by Kadaj on July 19, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »
Keith is also an original Rise player who got his medical degree and is now working in Internal Medicine helping patients everyday...., ya know, because Rise are so scummy and all.

Haha, I'm sorry but this was funny. I've known Keith for a very long time as well, he's a good guy. Just the fact that you had to point that out gave me a chuckle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10