Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Knowledge / Re: Item Sets
« Last post by kanu on January 09, 2019, 05:13:07 PM »
Some feedback:

The decay time of the body worn piece for the Arcane Magi set is WAY too short, given that the items look like they are random load. It makes this set not really worth getting unfortunately because you only ever actually have the set bonus for a few days.

Game Knowledge / Re: Item Sets
« Last post by shardelay on January 09, 2019, 02:09:01 AM »
Power of the Deep
Affects : ARMOR by -70
Affects : regeneration by 75
Affects : damage taken by -10
Affects : healing received by 75
Affects : HIT by 30
Effects: NOCHARM IMMUNE_NEGATIVE_ENERGY

Can you explain what damage take by -10 and healing received by 75 mean?  Are they percentages?  Are they flat values to hits and cures?
General Discussion / Re: Misc Skill/Spell Tweaking
« Last post by Shannow on January 07, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
I dont want to start a new thread but howabout some tweaking on mage pet skills/abilities?

I ranked the crap outa my mercury to get 'Spawnlings' and it turns out they last about 3 rounds??? Also wildstrike and the other ability are almost useless cause you can't get the golem to fire them.
General Discussion / Misc Skill/Spell Tweaking
« Last post by Heo on January 03, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »
Heyo.

I think for the most part (clerics issues aside), there have been fantastic skills/spells added.

However, I thought there's a few that could use a little love.

Specifically:

1)  Case

I think at superb this should NEVER fail.  Otherwise, it literally is NEVER used.  But if it never failed at superb, I think most thieves could use it instead of look a lot of the time, and it would be relevant rather than some annoying skill you have to train.  Drawbacks of making it always succeed when superb are nil - doesn't impact balance, and it actually gets used.

2)  Clair/Astral Beacon

My sense is these have been weakened so much that they are completely useless.  Obviously they shouldn't be incredibly powerful, but as of right now they are just crap spells for red that nobody would ever use because they don't work.  Maybe with some of PK changes/etc we could fix this?

3)  Plant

Not sure what to do with it, but maybe there's a way it could be made useful?  Like allowing thieves to plant no_drop or cursed items? 

Just a few thoughts.

P.S.  Please do not remove Opt Ansi = NO.  Some of us do our own highlighting.
General Discussion / Re: mage slot pressure
« Last post by gnua on December 30, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
how about moving mnemonic enhancer from reds to whites?  or give locate object to clerics and delete mages.
« Last post by gnua on December 27, 2018, 11:25:12 PM »
Mages are utter trash.  No point to their entire existence currently.

moc, locate object
« Last post by Kadaj on December 27, 2018, 06:14:58 AM »
I think a big help with this would be to change Deep Focus into something similar to Commune with Nature and have the mental acuity spell INCREASE the potency of the skill. Seems like a quick fix for now until they could rearrange the slots.
« Last post by reed23 on December 26, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
Mages are utter trash.  No point to their entire existence currently.
« Last post by gnua on December 26, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »
Moving to 7-th circle spells would be worse for Red, Force Missile is your main/best single target damage spell. (I don't remember White/Black spells off the top of my head).

Perhaps Relocate/Teleport/Blink/Dimension door could all be made divine for mages.

yah, on second thought maybe reds are better with relo in 6 than 7.  the main competition is chain lightning which is a mixed blessing since it frags keys and books.  remove chain from game and i might let a red into my group.
« Last post by Quid on December 26, 2018, 05:51:01 AM »
Moving from 8th to 9th for black would compete with PWS and Nightmare:D

Completely fine in other words, so in the words of the StarCraft battle cruiser, "make it happen"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10