Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Jorq - who?
« Last post by Jang Yoo Sung on April 26, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
korea's fiscal year ends in december
COREY-ah!!!!
« Last post by corey on April 26, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »
I don't know of any fiscal years that end in December...maybe EU?
Game Ideas / Re: Simple addition to improve druids
« Last post by Kadaj on April 26, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »
I think making ice storm a channeled spell again would at least help some of their grouping ability. Malevolent tentacles was always a good, strong spell to channel, perhaps making ice storm do about that dmg and have it channeled would be a good addition.
« Last post by Jorquin on April 26, 2017, 03:43:21 AM »
I probably should have been more specific on that, but yes - I meant by the end of June. There's quite a lot to be done, so don't get too excited about that date.
Game Ideas / Re: An idea for Hard Mode
« Last post by kholos on April 24, 2017, 05:02:02 PM »
Sounds great! Just take out the 'but' part, and instead of calling characters hardcore call them normal! And increase rank max to 100!
Game Ideas / An idea for Hard Mode
« Last post by albarn on April 24, 2017, 04:08:56 PM »
Ok, Hard Mode:

Give users a chance when they are rolling a character (or maybe only on wipe day), to roll it in Hard Mode.
  • all exotic races are available from the begining
  • characters need 50% of the experience to level
  • rank accrues at twice the normal rate
  • rank effects cost 50% their normal cost

...but

• there's a flag showing you're playing in hard mode visible to all other players
  • your character can only die once, and that death is permanent.  No re-spawn.
  • all gear on your character when you die instantly decays
  • dead characters that are members of clans can never be removed, the clan must continue to pay for that seat used by the dead character

thoughts?
« Last post by Willoe on April 23, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »
For those who don't know, the Australian fiscal year ends in is June not December(I just learned this as well cheers Wes). Welcome back Danielson, you have been missed.
Game Bugs / Re: Slam
« Last post by Halibio on April 21, 2017, 03:31:33 PM »
I always used to love playing paladins, but I feel like they have gotten a bit of the "red headed step child" treatment. The strike nerf was crippling and unnecessary, and lay is just far too random now, even with the legendary rank. Looking at something like a DK that gets bladecurse for a legendary skill, it seems that the "holy warriors" go the short end of the stick. Personally, I'd have like to have seen slam do something like a knockdown similar to bash, maybe smack someone in the face to fumble attacks/spells. Hell, you could even take the butt end of the shield and jam it into someones throat to silence them (c'mon, that would be pretty cool), but there's nothing about slam that's going to make or break a battle. Sure, avenging faith does have some of these qualities, but to not be able to target the same place 2x in a row makes, what, 10 rounds go by before you could avenge the head again for example? I'm not sure on the exact amount of rounds, but you get the point.

Let's make paladins great again! It's gonna be 'uge! :P
General Discussion / Re: Skill and spell transparency
« Last post by Hoodoo on April 20, 2017, 10:31:54 AM »
The argument has always been "this black-box mentality is what makes this game challenging and great."  Unfortunately, this is unmitigated horseshit.  Every skilled player I know either has a.  Been an imm, or b.  Gotten significant zone/skill/training info from an imm at 1 to 2 degrees of seperation. 

So, since the information spreads anyway, but in a biased and asymmetrical manner, let's even the playong field.   More info in help files about training and function.  Finally bapting get rid of nolore completely.  I am fine with hidden atats, but have some self awareness on where all your nifty secret information actually came from, folks. 
Game Ideas / Spell bought ranks
« Last post by kholos on April 19, 2017, 10:29:58 PM »
The rank system is the single greatest addition to Arctic. It is a way to customize your character in ways that benefit the casual and hardcore player. In response to the hybrid-class that's been talked about for ages, I submit an increase in the uniqueness of ranks. Take a page from the Charmy playbook, where Dark Knight, Paladin, and Mage 'pets' can purchase spells. This has already been implemented to some degree, as you can buy steelskin/vitriolic shield/nightvision/canfly/detect good ranks etc. I don't envision Power Word Stunning warriors, or Healing thieves. But a trial run could be accomplished by adding some first level spells for purchase, such as barkskin, blur, ancestral shroud, create food or what have you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10