Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Any news on druids prior to pwipe?
« Last post by btown on Today at 08:15:17 AM »
You have to cast the spells for them to work Oligo.. druids are best for surviving !

Druids already over powered haha
Around the water cooler / Re: Music Channel
« Last post by btown on Today at 08:09:31 AM »
Here we go again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmBAtUF9fM

Twenty one pilots, Doubt

This is so good
General Discussion / Re: Any news on druids prior to pwipe?
« Last post by Oligo on Today at 01:27:46 AM »
Druids need a slight HP bump for survivability, maybe a modest +5~8%.
Of all the classes, they tend to rack up the most deaths in my experience - moreso than mages, and even with barksin, stoneskin, iceskin, and enlarge defense buffs.
MUD Client Discussions / Re: Discord Lorebot
« Last post by Flair on June 20, 2017, 05:33:02 PM »
Sure thing, I'll fork and PR against yours :)  I have a Mongo version with schema as well
« Last post by Oligo on June 20, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »
Hit me up over email or here Oligo, if you want some input code for your bot.  The one I did allows for people to add to the DB, as well as search by affect/effect

Ok appreciate the offer. I don't foresee any roadblocks currently and of course another contributor is always welcome on Github. I'd been nursing along Trogg's original XML schema from 2003 thru various IRC and Skype versions of Lorebot. But for Discord I finally took the time to write a script and load the XML into MySQL so now searching by Affect, Worn, Mat Class, Value, etc should be trivial to implement in the coming weeks.
« Last post by Flair on June 20, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »
Hit me up over email or here Oligo, if you want some input code for your bot.  The one I did allows for people to add to the DB, as well as search by affect/effect
« Last post by Oligo on June 20, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »
Does lore bot still not work when idle user?
Lorebot runs and responds regardless if user is idle or not.
Lorebot is currently setup to run as a daemon process, so it doesn't require human intervention.
It's actively running in the Amazon cloud right now so it's on 24/7.

It uses a npm library called forever.

Code: [Select]
forever start lorebot.js
The current Discord version of Lorebot is much more responsive than the prior Skype and IRC incarnations, a credit to Discord's API.
The idle behavior you're referring to was a limitation of Skype's API.

Long term plan is to also integrate it directly into MUSHClient once I expose its services as a RESTful API.
Around the water cooler / Re: Music Channel
« Last post by btown on June 20, 2017, 07:07:07 AM »
Thanks Kuss,

Here is another one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTo1o4yv_f0

Stress out by twenty one pilots.
« Last post by sam on June 20, 2017, 06:14:54 AM »
but i have a policy about downloading mysterious stuff from programming wizards with russian sounding names  :D

It's all open source, so you can view the source code yourself and see there's nothing malicious in it.
Also russian programming wizards would be Jaba (created JMC while playing Arctic) and Shesh.
I'm a mere novice in comparison.

such humbleness from a person who controlled 10 chars at once and won in a pk fight against 10 human chars!
« Last post by Thymorical on June 20, 2017, 04:37:48 AM »
Does lore bot still not work when idle user?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10