Author Topic: Easiest class to solo Legend  (Read 4243 times)

patersmith

• Favorite Zone: Temple of Orcus
Easiest class to solo Legend
« on: December 03, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »
Are there any classes that can solo legend that only take more time to work on,
or will you always need a group to do one or more fights with you?

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
Re: Easiest class to solo Legend
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
i think all the mobs you have to kill to achieve legendary are in high level zones.  it seems wrong that if you are in a big group you could afk while your group gets you the legend mob but if you are solo it is impossible. 

i wish the legendary requirement was somethign like the mage test or the heal or regen quest.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »

I dont think any of the legend mobs can be done by a solo non-legend character. I think dark knight would be your best bet though because it can be taken down with a relatively small group.

jrrestad

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:08:17 PM »
Thief legendary mob is 1 man fight only, and you can't stab. Just sayin.

patersmith

• Favorite Zone: Temple of Orcus
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
Are there any "pre quests" for a thief before The master of darkness?
Do you get any intermediate semi legend skills etc like a paladin or DK?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 04:35:26 PM »
druid mob is soloable.. not necessarily for a druid however. im sure it could probably be done. with the right charmies and prep..

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
I could probably solo the warrior legend mob if Ming would let me borrow "Pwipe"

Valenore

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 06:06:06 PM »
You can get rank 20 solo on any class with enough effort.  Some classes would be much easier than others.  You can train almost every skill to superb solo: DK inspire for example you can't and I don't play thieves but I don't think you can train unbalance without a group (maybe with charmy).  For caster classes you are going to need a group or to buy some of the spells required for legendary.  There are some other hitches particular to classes: for example you definitely solo at least one and maybe two of the DK spells required for legendary but unless I really suck you aren't soloing all of them. You aren't going to solo all the scout instincts. etc. 

That leaves the legendary mob specific to the class.  If you are asking this question you aren't soloing any of them.  But if you want to solo everything but them you can find a group of people willing to help you with that last hurdle.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01:06 PM »

At our level of play, I think we will always need help (but not necessarily very much) to take down the legend mob. Apart from that:
 - mages, druids, clerics, shamans need lots of help loading spells
 - scouts need help killing instinct mobs
 - paladin and dk need help with quests/spells/skills
 - barbarian need help skilling battle cry

I think that leaves warrior and thief where you can just skill/rank them solo to superb/20. I know nothing about thieves but I know with warrior you could just hitch a ride with a clan doing luni once you hit rank 20.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:14:27 PM by gnua »

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 07:04:01 PM »
You can train almost every skill to superb solo:

do you consider banish a soloable skill? everyone i know who has superb banish has inflicted a few hours of mind numbing boredom on a druid/paladin friend

snax

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »
there are a few candidates for banish training that are mobs that love to either spam monster summoning (thinking of someone who has a cat nearby) or are clerics and just love to spam the hell out of gate, of course then the onus of boredom is on yourself, but it works for solo training.

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
You can train almost every skill to superb solo:

do you consider banish a soloable skill? everyone i know who has superb banish has inflicted a few hours of mind numbing boredom on a druid/paladin friend

For the love of god don't try to solo legendary a Barb.  I still remember the wipe not to far back when I rage quit over battle cry never hitting superb.  Despite massive hours skilling, rushing, ranking, etc.

Easiest solo skilling in my opinion has always been Warrior, DK, Pally, then like most times just get a group for the Legend Required Mob/Zone.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 06:24:17 AM »
Inspire can be done solo. You can get charmies to use this one. Every class can get rank 20, superb all, solo. The answer to all of your arctic mud problems IS ******************** 2 gnome warriors in gnomes!

Inspire is a bitch though. But if you went DK you could solo some awesome ranks with a darkness. So to answer the original question. DK is probably the easiest to solo.

Hoyt

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
You can solo xp/rank 20 with every class just takes some time. I can do a warrior/thief/ocean solo those in about 3 1/2 to 4 days play time. Only skill that is a bit rough to solo is rescue/unbalance but can be done if you know where and how.  I have never been able to walk through ancient solo for master of darkness but I am sure others can and do. I have an idea how that can be done but takes prep and time which i would rather just get a group to drag me in because it is safer and i am lazy.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 02:31:57 PM »
Inspire can be done solo. You can get charmies to use this one. Every class can get rank 20, superb all, solo. The answer to all of your arctic mud problems IS ******************** 2 gnome warriors in gnomes!

You can skill battle cry solo by using charmies?!? And you never thought to tell me - or did you think you needed a clever ploy for to make wanna group with you more :p
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:06:16 PM by gnua »