Author Topic: Standardizing the wipe schedule  (Read 1631 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Standardizing the wipe schedule
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:03:50 AM »
I know we are going to have a server move and the game will be down.  Seems like a good time to wipe!  However, I have a suggestion:

We should wipe twice a year.  Once after Labor day and run it about 9 months.  Then, every Memorial day, we should have a mini "chaos" wipe.  The short (3 month) chaos wipes would basically be no rules except one: DON"T CRASH THE GAME.  Multi-ing, botting, repeat pk, vicious poetry slams would all be OK. 

There are only about 20 active players currently anyway, and I'm including myself although I log for about 2 hours a week currently.  The game can go back to normal after the Labor day wipe.

I know there are massive issues with this idea, but I'm curious to see people's reactions.  It let's the people who just want to run their own bot armies and pk folks have their way - but at a time when most people are outside grilling and drinking beer by the pool.  Then, when summer's over, its time to go back to the rules and the 40 hour a week on Arctic grind which is WINNING!

Jorake

• Zoner
Re: Standardizing the wipe schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 11:41:36 AM »
I don't know about a chaos wipe. But I like the idea of the game wiping every 9 months.

I would also implore the staff to pzap people who don't log in over 2weeks. I came back recently and can't find a damn thing loading. And it's mostly myth who are playing along with Bobs bot army. They can't possibly have everything. Where the hell is all the eq!?

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:16:57 PM »
Nah.  6 months, or even 9 months, is too short.  I think Arctic just should stick with the current set up:  wipe every time Adam gets laid.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 10:00:04 PM »
See you guys in 2021!