Author Topic: July 2015 Game State Update  (Read 6598 times)

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: July 2015 Game State Update
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »
it was an angry rant that i was hoping to have corrected before anyone read it to be honest, as i decided its a cowardly thing to do to post slanderous crap publically when i can just take up a personal beef with a personal message. my apologies as i probably said in that personal message.

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »
One of the most common problems with people contributing in terms of creation is that they don't understand the time commitment and effort it takes to make a zone. You're realistically talking about at least 300 hours of work for a standard size zone, and a substantial portion of that is tedious description writing. Most people fail to get through the room descriptions and burn out.

That said, there's no reason you have to bite off an entire project yourself. It would be easy enough for one of the active creators to find you a 10 room space in their area or a number of mobiles that they need descriptions written for. Descriptions can be written in word too, so you don't really need read access to the whole area - which means you likely wouldn't be excluded from going to the area when it gets implemented.

Food for thought.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 06:54:58 AM »
I dont think I have such ability :(

Hoodoo

• Zoner
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »
If some imm needs rdesc/mdesc help, hit me up.  I've built on another mud with exceedingly high standards for writing, with good success, though I am objectively awful at coding. Happy to put my writing chops to work helping another, however.  My preference would be to do so in word/google docs initially.

Jason

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »
You're realistically talking about at least 300 hours of work for a standard size zone, and a substantial portion of that is tedious description writing.

The obvious solution is to make a zone that can automatically make new zones. A sentient mud that becomes self aware. Epic.

Neyman

• Fodder
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 11:32:50 PM »
You're realistically talking about at least 300 hours of work for a standard size zone, and a substantial portion of that is tedious description writing.

The obvious solution is to make a zone that can automatically make new zones. A sentient mud that becomes self aware. Epic.

Or at least a forum that can detect and delete duplicate posts

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »
Any chance for an update on the projected server move, wipe, etc. even if the answer is you completely spaced these things?  Thanks

Aristox

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »
We are working on it.  No time frame yet, hopefully "soon" (tm).