Author Topic: pwipe  (Read 1582 times)

ghostride2000

pwipe
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
when does a pwipe happen?? like is it set or do the imms just let us know before???

snax

Re: pwipe
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:20:29 PM »
Great question.  Maybe someone with some creditibility will chime in.  I'm hoping there will be some imm land discussion regarding doing any more pity-pwipes as I'm not sure they really have added anything to the game, and if they become a trend, I'm not sure if they really...I don't know how to say it, but I guess my personal feelings (which are personal, non imm, and might be stupid - depending on who you ask)...

Pity pwipes are like quantitative easing.  Some small percentage benefits.  The banks benefit, but printing artificial money and an artificial fix to problems becomes less and less beneficial for those who are on the bottom half of the playing field.

That said, No clue man! and sorry to jump in, I just thought your post was very interesting!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: pwipe
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »
I am speaking as a player, and not as a retired 31 here, so take this with a grain of salt:

It seems like a yearly wipe in the fall is probably going to be the norm, although I would like to see them more often.  I personally think an early fall (September) and an early spring (March) would be ideal, 6 months per run, enough to have all the fun of racing, but if you jack up your race day plans, there is another around the corner...