Author Topic: There's an app for that...  (Read 1698 times)

snax

There's an app for that...
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:03:54 PM »
I'ld love to see an app that is android and ios released (free) that allows a user (such as myself) to set a thresh hold minimum player count (would have to have imm-o-vision, nv, det invis, awareness, etc) --> here's how it would work:

you configure a minimum count of players online with the app; when that metric is met you get a push notification to let you know that your minimum logon standard is met --> incentive to logon.  5 players online visible on shouts.php = I won't log.  20 = I am unlikely to log.  80+ a pwipe just occurred and I'm on.

Aristox

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
Re: There's an app for that...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »
So go ahead and build those apps, and the server infrastructure for the push notifications.  I am not going to do it. I can provide a simple API to pull the visible player count.

The app seems like a huge waste of time to me, but whatever floats your boat.

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 05:48:12 PM »
but whatever floats your boat.

Nooooo!!!  Don't say that to randy....

snax

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:12:50 PM »
but whatever floats your boat.

Nooooo!!!  Don't say that to randy....

<insert psychotic rant here> =P
EDIT:^--- Joke.  [really] Anyways, thanks for your response Sir.  It was just a game idea, and yeah it's pretty pointless.  However ideas are free for you to discern the value.  Perhaps I'll come up with a better one, hell maybe even a great one, at some point down the road.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 05:23:08 PM by snax »

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 05:13:30 PM »
See, I would want to know when i could be the only player on and have the whole mud to myself!