Author Topic: Clan Stronghold  (Read 1993 times)

Scuot

Clan Stronghold
« on: May 14, 2015, 03:58:10 AM »
I had been thinking why there should be a Clan Stronghold for clans since every mobile can go wandering inside. They could just pick up any eq/items that had been left unwanted anytime they desired. Doesn't Clan Stronghold means an area that had been created by the clan and accessible by clan members only. Clan members could rest/train/chat at ease without getting pkill or disturbed by other mobile player. It is an protected area for clan members.

Currently, clan stronghold can be accessible by any mobile. I can go into any clan stronghold and check they had left something useful to me but not required to clan members. Maybe an auto detect_inv item is good for me but not for the clan members, I could just move into the stronghold and pick it up for FREE.

For pking especially, the clan stronghold is totally useless unless you know how to strategically assign your assets to prevent pk'er from entering your Stronghold. I had been pked by someone and recalled into 1 of the stronghold room. The pker can just walk into the Stronghold and pk me again. Then what is the purpose of spending a few million coins to built it and it not safe for clan members.

My 2 cents of suggestion:
Clan Stronghold should only be access by clan members and not all mobile players. As most Clan Stronghold had only 1 entrance route to the stronghold, a force field could be set. It allows only clan tagged members to enter and not all mobile players.

Hope your consideration or spending million of coins to built a stronghold is not meaningful enough. Most clan just build Stronghold because they can get smithy to repair their eq; build alchemist to buy putrid and empty.bottle/scroll;build vault to store all eq.

Thanks and any comments

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
Re: Clan Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »
The reason this wont happen is because the immortals abandoned this game!

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »
The main issue this isn't done is for the following 2 reasons:

1. Bapt btown, we hate that guy
2. It would likely allow a pkiller in a clan to pkill you and then hide behind his clan stronghold. This wouldn't allow you to even attempt any revenge strike and it would become the new norm for how Reed does business.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:53 PM »
hahaha yes we do hate btown!

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:42:14 AM »
I don't see any real problem with allowing anyone into any stronghold but you could easily allow a purchase of stronghold guards, something that blocks the entrance and perhaps assists clan members but can be killed...

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »
they hate us cuz they aint us