Author Topic: Is it just me or Conclave tests are hard?  (Read 7440 times)

Dralan

• God
  • Favorite Zone: Blood Shoal
Re: Is it just me or Conclave tests are hard?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »
I really enjoyed the conclave tests when they were first put in and i still do even now.  When I first completed them i felt a big
sense of accomplishment and I feel like the tests were really well made and thought out.
Some of the tests can be pretty hard and like Sanjuro said it can prepare you for playing a mage better if you are new to the game or the class.  Playing a mage can be hard now but, its nothing like it use to be in the old days. 

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
the flee command is your friend!

Grimwar

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »
Although I no longer play (lead a guild on GW2 plus recent newborn) Arctic always rekindles fond memories. The Conclave tests in particular set the bar for what makes a text-based game enjoyable this day and age.  If anything I would hope more of the game was so well thought out and challenging.

Perhaps another thread but all zones should be "level gated" - once past a certain level that zone is closed to that character.   Part of the Conclave challenge is that no one can blow thru by overcompensating with higher levels, larger groups, maxxed out gear, etc.  And there are enough tests that I encountered a new test each wipe, plus really savored passing tests that I previously failed.  As it stands many lower and mid level zones are farmed thru by overcompensating groups for the sake of efficiency and this is sad given the hard work by their creators.

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:05 PM »
last 3 times i did it i might have died once..

snax

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 09:56:56 PM »
last 3 times i did it i might have died once..
You must suck.  As the loving aristox previously said TYPE HARDER.

I'm still not playing hardly at all, just occasionally posting on forums.  I'm still saddened that I'm judged only for my premedicated state by some.  I do function quite well these days.

walters

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 06:20:30 AM »
the premedicated randy is the one we liked the other one dt's us to much :D

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »
there are several "level-gated" zones in the game.  Some load harder mobs if you are over a certain level.  Others make you fight a stone dragon...

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 08:50:07 PM »
They aren't hard enough! if you die your character should be autodeleted. like in the books!
You should just automatically be able to enter at level 10 without learning renegade mobs, and if you die you have to restart lol.

walters

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 11:36:27 PM »
^----this guy would never have a mage if you got deleted when you died in mage tests

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 02:10:07 AM »
I was never meant to play a mage truthfully matt lets be honest.

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »
Its because they were left as difficult and damage dealing as they were when they were released.  And then shortly after mage HP's were nerfed.  Still completely doable, but some luck or skill.  But if your trying to do it fast sometimes its just easier to die and go back in until you get one you know or is way easier.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
I think I suicided through most of the tests just to learn/explore them. Good content. Fun challenge. Overall probably one of the coolest aspects of the game. I wish there were more of these for other classes.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
Its because they were left as difficult and damage dealing as they were when they were released.  And then shortly after mage HP's were nerfed.  Still completely doable, but some luck or skill.  But if your trying to do it fast sometimes its just easier to die and go back in until you get one you know or is way easier.

i seem to recall one of the tests that i previously had no trouble with became hard because i'd be bruising a stunned rat and not able to get it to dying before the tick healed it up to full.