Author Topic: Shaman spells (charms?)  (Read 2665 times)

dodok

Shaman spells (charms?)
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
Hey guys,

just started up my shaman and am looking for any spells.  Hit me up on my main (Dodok) or Shaman (Kimchee).  Have cash only.

Pretty much have just the spells from twendle, balifor, and kalaman so send me a tell with what you've got!

Also, how do you learn the basics of "brew"?  Is it just 100% trial and error?  I thought it would be nice to brew some cure blind, remove curse, or cures for my thief but I didn't even know where to get started...

Thanks and happy mudding!

Brafu

• Zoner
Re: Shaman spells (charms?)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »
There are component shops in most major cities that sell basic components for brew/scribe. You need components that are for the sphere of the spell you wish to brew, and for higher lvl spells you will need more components, and components of higher quality.

Low spells (circle 1/2) might only need 1 low comp, while spells from circle 5+ might need low, mid, and high (or higher) comps. The only way, aside from someone telling you, to figure out what needs what is trial and error, but you can easily find comps for low spells from the local shops.

Once you begin to train the skill up a bit you'll be able to see what sphere a comp is, and what quality it is, when you check the list in the shop. You can also type brew to see which comps you have on you and what they are as well.

Also, you can see what sphere a spell is by checking its help file (it'll be listed there), and what the spheres are of the spells you have currently memed by typing spell "sphere", such as spell healing to see all the spells with the healing sphere currently on your mem list.

dodok

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 05:01:09 PM »
Thank you for that information :)

Didn't know about those commands and that you could type brew at a shop.  Time to spam some clot potions! haha.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 06:46:24 PM »
No, you can type brew at any time and it'll give you that list.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 02:36:33 AM »
i personally loaded up with as many components as i could possibly carry, memmed one of each spell, and then made an alias that would cycle through every single spell i had from highest to lowest. each time i attempted to brew a spell i copied and pasted whichever spell was memming alongside the components that had been used up until i had some for each spell, then you simply check which type of components were used, mid level alterations are good ones for druids and mages to train with i found for both brew and scribe. for shaman im not sure which you would find useful BUT again trial and error yes is the best way. Using the method above you will eventually find a recipe for almost every spell.
Just be sure to record the results in a notepad you can always refer back to until you have a few memorized, subscripts will help you a lot also if you know how to use them!