Author Topic: Good Job Hoss!!!  (Read 20374 times)

Bunsen

• Immortal
  • Fodder
Re: Good Job Hoss!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 08:27:57 PM »
Really blackmagus? Run off anyone else eh? Ate big bowl of hyperbole for breakfast?

It's obvious whatever grudge you have against rise runs deep.

Can I borrow your victim card when you're finished with it? There's a bunch of strangers being mean to me and I need to go on a rant about it.

kielmobile

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »
remember that time malaki (an immort of several years) had to send a picture of his student ID to prove he wasn't a bot immortal of several years and many years of mudding in order to get all of his deleted characters back. maybe all these "people" that RISE has "run off" the mud should turn in their student IDs too, and we'll see who went to the most prestigious programming school

talk about getting Hoss'd

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
"Can I borrow your victim card when you're finished with it? There's a bunch of strangers being mean to me and I need to go on a rant about it."

This is really a member of the staff? Seems like a troll to me. I don't even understand where he made this leap. Lets put him in the battered by RISE club too.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
My own experience on the mud makes it hard for me to believe all of the accusations, but then again my experience hasn't lead me into conflict with WILD or anyone on the Imm staff. But I do have a lot of first hand experience with RISE (or various elements that form parts of it) over many wipes, and I have seen a lot of shady shit, so I tend to be less inclined to believe a lot of whats been said.....

But, honestly, from what I have read so far it seems, to me, that something just isn't right with someone's side of the story. I'm not going to say either side is lying, since I'm not even remotely involved in any of this and I just don't have enough information, but someone is blowing a LOT of smoke, and it would be nice to get to the bottom of all this.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
I removed my post. Over it.  If Hoss doesn't wanna provide explanation that is his choice.  Have fun everyone!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:56:44 PM by reed23 »

ferum

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 12:16:04 AM »
From what I can see is Hoss is just being a shady Immortal by not specifying in more details on his news post.

He could had said "Natsu and Pichi pk my shriner friend Augustus and I do not like them killing him because they are griefing Augustus and he is going to quit. In return I delete Natsu and all his other characters then proceeds with Pichi."

And that he needed to delete Gregor too because he was a leader in the RISE clan, even though Gregor was not involved in those pk of neutrals, it is a pre-emtive action to avoid future pks.

Also it is necessary to drive majority the members of RISE to quit since he deem the clan as driving 2-4 players every wipe to quit. Not sure who actually quits because of RISE wipes before or even this wipe.

But what is for sure here is, he is driving at least 10 players out of this game now with his action. Real playing players who are not botting/cheating (this wipe at least for sure 100%) were deleted to make space for casual players who are not 100% going to even continue playing the game for long.

Not sure how is that good publicity for Arctic, a server where is ruled by an overlord who will delete all your characters if he doesn't like you or if you oppose him or his friends in anyway.

Maybe it is time to remove pk all together to make space for the people who wish to play this game without being killed and quit after that.

With the Immortals mentality of not driving new players or old players away by PK, it would be best to removed PK and make it a non PK mud then.

Or a PEACE CLAN TAG(PCT) which provides them protection from PK, but those characters can only use/loot unlimited gears and group with the PCT clan members only. Mobs killed by the members or limit item found in anyway will automatically foom the limit items if it do loads to avoid abuse of using PCT members to load items for PK chars. That way the peaceful people can continue playing the game peacefully without being harassed and quit. And when they feel confident in playing in the PK environment, they can start making a normal char after that.

There is a lot of ways to make people continue wanting to play this game but deletion of all characters and site ban on players who do not abuse mechanics of the game or botting is not the way to encourage growth of the game.

Also I believe Immortal can promote growth of player base better on websites which promotes MUD servers. There are other ways to get more players other than deleting players who you think drives other players away. There is a reason Arctic is on #64 on the top mud sites, players do not enjoy it enough to even recommend it or maybe the game server is just not publicized enough. With Immortals keep deleting people who are not cheating, I doubt that promotes good feedback. If someone gets killed by another player, they would want to level up/gear up/ join a clan to get revenge back, that is what a real player who wants to play the game will do, not some people who just click on Arctic accidentally and actually do not want to play the game server even.

If there is a website to downvote or provide feedback about MUD servers, I think Arctic would received a lot of negative comments. People dying in game will not say the game server is shit but deletion of non-cheating players will generate a lot of negative comments saying this game server is shit because of the management.

PS: if you delete my post and/or all of my chars, it is fine. Don't think I can play in this type of controlled environment anyways.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:27:49 AM by ferum »

Vespin

• Guardian
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 01:03:50 AM »
Stop trying to make "Hoss'd" hapen. It's not going to happen.

@Vespin - Sorry to say but getting "Hoss'd" has pretty much already took hold and is a thing.  It was coined about 3 wipes back early on.  But it really took hold and cemented into a thing last wipe with all the Hossing that went down.  These days its pretty common usage.

-Malaki

That's SO fetch!

blackmagus

• Fodder
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »
From what I can see is Hoss is just being a shady Immortal by not specifying in more details on his news post.

He could had said "Natsu and Pichi pk my shriner friend Augustus and I do not like them killing him because they are griefing Augustus and he is going to quit. In return I delete Natsu and all his other characters then proceeds with Pichi."

And that he needed to delete Gregor too because he was a leader in the RISE clan, even though Gregor was not involved in those pk of neutrals, it is a pre-emtive action to avoid future pks.

Also it is necessary to drive majority the members of RISE to quit since he deem the clan as driving 2-4 players every wipe to quit. Not sure who actually quits because of RISE wipes before or even this wipe.

But what is for sure here is, he is driving at least 10 players out of this game now with his action. Real playing players who are not botting/cheating (this wipe at least for sure 100%) were deleted to make space for casual players who are not 100% going to even continue playing the game for long.

Not sure how is that good publicity for Arctic, a server where is ruled by an overlord who will delete all your characters if he doesn't like you or if you oppose him or his friends in anyway.

Maybe it is time to remove pk all together to make space for the people who wish to play this game without being killed and quit after that.

With the Immortals mentality of not driving new players or old players away by PK, it would be best to removed PK and make it a non PK mud then.

Or a PEACE CLAN TAG(PCT) which provides them protection from PK, but those characters can only use/loot unlimited gears and group with the PCT clan members only. Mobs killed by the members or limit item found in anyway will automatically foom the limit items if it do loads to avoid abuse of using PCT members to load items for PK chars. That way the peaceful people can continue playing the game peacefully without being harassed and quit. And when they feel confident in playing in the PK environment, they can start making a normal char after that.

There is a lot of ways to make people continue wanting to play this game but deletion of all characters and site ban on players who do not abuse mechanics of the game or botting is not the way to encourage growth of the game.

Also I believe Immortal can promote growth of player base better on websites which promotes MUD servers. There are other ways to get more players other than deleting players who you think drives other players away. There is a reason Arctic is on #64 on the top mud sites, players do not enjoy it enough to even recommend it or maybe the game server is just not publicized enough. With Immortals keep deleting people who are not cheating, I doubt that promotes good feedback. If someone gets killed by another player, they would want to level up/gear up/ join a clan to get revenge back, that is what a real player who wants to play the game will do, not some people who just click on Arctic accidentally and actually do not want to play the game server even.

If there is a website to downvote or provide feedback about MUD servers, I think Arctic would received a lot of negative comments. People dying in game will not say the game server is shit but deletion of non-cheating players will generate a lot of negative comments saying this game server is shit because of the management.

PS: if you delete my post and/or all of my chars, it is fine. Don't think I can play in this type of controlled environment anyways.

To summarize:

"Do what we say or we'll do everything we can to destroy the MUD."

As has been pointed out by a lot of people, overly aggressive clans and clans that target neutrals and random for the sheer sick thrill ARE what are killing the MUD. Bye Felicia.

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
@blackmagus

Sick thrill? Seriously? Dude, this is a baptin game and pking, especially RANDOM pking, has been and SHOULD BE a big part of the overall dynamic.

This game is, IMO, extremely boring without the pk aspect, or at least the risk of being pked. If I wanted to play a game where there was no risk of being pked, and the only point was to zone and such, I would gladly drop Arctic in a heartbeat and go back to playing Oblivion or Skyrim (which I still do now and then anyway) and be perfectly content.

Arctic has a lot going for it, especially with all the work the Imm's are doing, but pk has really been falling off that list for a very long time, and the small playerbase is one big reason.

You want to call randoming "sick", but it's not, it's a vital part of the game, IMO. The "sick" part, if there really is one, is that people take shit way too personally and they start vendetta's against anyone who even looks at them funny. It's fine to have a clan war, but it's not fine to have a clan war where the main goal is to stop the other clan from playing. It's not fine to attack the same few people every time they log, especially when they want nothing to do with pk.

When we had 150+ people logging daily it wasn't such a issue when we had 10-20 people randomly pking, since odd's are the same 10+ people wouldn't be targeted every day, or even multiple times in a single day. But when we have 20-50.... Point is, not everyone has adapted their playing style to that and they think what was ok back then is still ok now, when it's not. You need to go out of your way to not kill the same person, when you random, more than once or twice a week, since killing some random player that often, who might just want to explore and zone, will probably ruin their experience and make them not want to play.

So, basically, stop taking shit so damn personally and stop trying to act like things done in this game are "sick" or somehow morally wrong. It's a game, nothing more.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »
It's fine to have a clan war, but it's not fine to have a clan war where the main goal is to stop the other clan from playing. It's not fine to attack the same few people every time they log, especially when they want nothing to do with pk.

This is the only style of clan war that I know of since 1997. Can you provide examples of clan wars that meet your criteria of acceptability?

xellos

• Fodder
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 04:03:05 PM »
its not juse RISE hoss keeps running off the mudd.
Shesh got hossed midwipe last wipe.
this wipe no shesh playing so no yuri or wooi and a couple others that play with him.
noom gets deleted before he even gets a chance to pk wilds this wipe.

hoss just thinks its funny to delete our pwipe chars and then in 3-4 months when me reed and jack are bored and have time
will reroll, and get chased at level 24 by wilds in lytburg, and try to fight with the odds against us.

literally bsp this wipe told me they were waiting until we got deleted to fight our reroll chars, until we lost 8.5 sets at cyan.
its our own fault though, we were never suppose to attempt cyan runs when hoss was online to bapt us over.

Lyam

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 05:24:40 PM »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 07:29:41 PM »
This BS has gone so far its silly, and Hoss still fails to make a legit comment.  Hoss, man up and answer these questions:

1.  Messed with my healing at rush wipe?  I remember you telling to me at lvl 3 about the nice weather outside.  I'm sure that's when you did it when you identified who i was.
2.  Did you force quit out Dale's char?  A little birdie told us that was the case.
3.  Why was Bessy/Wilds/BSP allowed to mop up untagged chars with no repercussion, yet a lvl 25+ experienced player who was thought to be BSP pushed you over the cliff?
4.  What was the purpose of shouting "Running to find a DT to throw yourselves off?" after you deleted tim?  Were you trying to make other RISE chars quit or continue playing?  I thought you were trying to encourage people to playing, not trying to run away 20+ players?
5.  Please name the 2-4 chars that have quit because of us over the last 3 wipes.  So in total, i expect to see 6-12 names.
6.  In your horribly written news post, you claim the purpose of deleting Tim/Jack/Myself was in the best long term interest of the game.  Let me point out to you that if I don't play, Ben and Jon will never play.  If Jack doesn't play, Seth, Peter, Skyler will never play.  If Tim doesn't play, Josh, Neal, and Pekos will never play.  Then there are people like Dale, Eli, James, Pat, Mike, Tiger, Dunder, (please forgive me if I forgot someone) who are all unlikely to play as well.  So that is a total of us three, plus 15 others.  How does running off 18+ people add to the player base in your opinion?
7.  Did you hold the dragon orb in your inventory at any point days 2-5?  Why did it take 10+ attempts to load it?
8.  Why did you tell me/others you were putting away your "Delete" button?

Thank you for your response and abiding to your word that you "You too like to have transparency in issues like this."  We appreciate you being a man of your word!

Rhys

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »
"Darkness descends upon the mortals of Krynn."

I am too insignificant to be involved either way but I found the timing of the above amusing...

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 11:04:14 PM »
Going to attempt to clairify some claims of "cheating" that just didn't occur.

1.  Messed with my healing at rush wipe?  I remember you telling to me at lvl 3 about the nice weather outside.  I'm sure that's when you did it when you identified who i was.
No, at the begining of the wipe healing_bonus was not working correctly allowing it to stack and then roll over the ceiling value into negative affects.
2.  Did you force quit out Dale's char?  A little birdie told us that was the case.
No, Dale spoke to several other immortals on this subject (Jorquin, Wratha, Hoss) each looked into the matter independently and came to the same conclusion that he quit out several times while carrying items.
7.  Did you hold the dragon orb in your inventory at any point days 2-5?  Why did it take 10+ attempts to load it?
No

I really don't see the value in engaging any of the other statements/questions.