Author Topic: Barack Obama: Great President? Or the Greatest President?  (Read 14969 times)

Kuss

• Fodder
Re: Barack Obama: Great President? Or the Greatest President?
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 12:13:46 AM »
Awesome comparison, I hadn't really ever thought of it that way.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 12:08:04 AM »
Well it seems pretty clear that the neo-cons, if they have their way are gonna come up flaccid in yet another national election due to the fact that their central issue of Benghazi falls on deaf ears and finger pointing of a slow financial recovery is drowned out by higher than ever Wall Street numbers. It's true that economic growth has been really slow as compared to previous recessions, but not all recessions are made equal. Reagan had the benefit of slashing interest rates in half to stimulate growth. Current interest rates are about 1 percent.

Hyperbole is going to doom Republicans yet again. Demonizing the policies of a rather ineffectual status quo president will mean pushing for a far right candidate. Rank and file Republicans while trying to rebrand themselves as "tea-vangelicals", laughably, I might add, should be very careful in their tone going forward. Some of the early candidates show a bit of prudence though and could be promising. Rand Paul, Jeb Bush, and Chris Christie all offer a lot of strengths and only Paul has an inherent streak of libertarianism that might raise some eyebrows.

Anyone have a pick for who could rival Hillary effectively in 2016??

The unelectable idiots I was referring to were the likes of Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Donald Trump, Herman Cain, etc. They love to flirt with pompous morons for president since 1992, and that's just as far as I can remember.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »
This probably requires a new topic, but how hard did I nail this 15 months ago?

Gooooo Donald!

I'm not even really excited about Hillary or anyone on the Democratic side, it's just something to behold, the clown car that is the Republican Party. Even the respectable candidates have to pander to window lickers and folks who sprinkle mercury on their Cheerios. Creationists and climate deniers. Trickle down economic supporters and xenophobic nationalists. Run that gambit to make sure you can't win a national election.

The GOP's only hope is Jeb or Kasich. Kasich is super underrated and is an actual pragmatist instead of an idealogue.

Trump as a legit candidate.... hahahaha. His 20 percent support will STAY at that level as the field dwindles. His strong support is matched by his strong unfavorable numbers, but as for right now he remains a farce to be reckoned with.

Davy

• Fodder
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
Go Bernie Sanders.

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »
Trump's support level will go up some as the field dwindle, but I would be surprised if he reaches 30%.  Been disappointed with Jeb; he's another Al Gore, 0 charisma, and from what I've seen on the campaign trail so far, has as much political savvy as Gore.  Ya, Kasich looks to be Repub's strongest candidate.

I'm actually excited about Hillary.  In her time in the senate and as the secretary of state, she's shown she can work well with Republicans in Washington.  She may be able to get things done that Obama couldn't because he didn't know how to work with the Repubs.  I think she would be exactly the type of president US needs now, as there are some big policy things that need to get done.

My guess is Kasich vs Hillary.  Kasich is likable, Hillary is not.  But with how the states look on the political map, Hillary will win (also there is Bill, and Obama's term will end in a high note economy-wise).  Only chance Repubs have is a candidate who can deliver Florida.   Kasich/Rubio would be their strongest ticket IMO.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:25:42 PM by muddeer »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »
There basically isn't anyone decent to vote for at this point.  Hell, if Hoss was on the ballet I'd probably give him my vote.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
O.M.G.  do not vote for Hillary.  Unless you like being ruled then do.

VOTE TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anybody watch him on live-stream on his facebook account talking about the tax code?  Looked very good and went over a lot of DETAIL.  Something your politicians dont know anything about.  It looked real and uncontrolled by others..

Whether its Trump or not we need someone LIKE Trump! 

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2015, 08:43:35 PM »
Btown just wants a Prez he can beat at pool

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2015, 02:13:01 AM »
I could make an entire post on tax code, problems and how it probably should be changed.

The current code is meant to protect wealth and not generate it. You need a broad middle class tax cut along with some moderate increases on higher incomes to offset budget imbalances it would create, and a lift of the cap on social security tax contributions.

Things like flat taxes would be great, but I don't think that will realistically ever get pushed.

And Btown, I agree we need a political outsider and someone who isn't beholden to either establishment, but Trump is NOT that guy.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:01:22 PM by Kuss »

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2015, 01:40:05 PM »
I just want a president that will cut the cordon all these people that refuse to get a job. I pay to much in taxes and on this joke of an affordable  healthcare system. Some people need help but most don't.

eli

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »
I don't understand why republicans are so fixated on people "who refuse to get a job" or "that woman down the street that has 4 kids from 4 different men" but refuse to look at the fact that the US government subsidizes Walmart and all those other corportations that pay minimum wage and thus force full-time workers to get government benefits. These people have jobs but still have to get handouts in order to survive. Why should we be handing out taxpayer funded subsidies to corporations? Why so many tax breaks for corporations? Where is the justice there?

Let's worry less about the few people "who refuse to get a job" and concentrate more on corporations that have been bapting taxpayers for the last 20 years.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2016, 06:07:16 AM »
There is a strange focus on things like welfare, which take less than 1% of total discretionary spending, while Social Security and tax breaks each total more than all discretionary spending done by the government.  It is easy to look at the poor and blame them, but when welfare is measured in the millions while tax breaks and social security are measure in the trillions it is hard to really consider that the issue. Unemployment insurance is a bigger issue, but for today I will just focus on the federal welfare program.

@Bryton to help you with the math, imagine that welfare costs $1.00, then tax breaks cost $1,000,000.00 and social security costs $1,000,000.00.  It is hard to imagine welfare is the biggest issue facing this country.

UNLESS Bryton means that all those people over 65 need to get jobs, which I totally agree with - the current system expected people to live to 75, not 85, and it wasn't built to supply money to every American over 75 for an extra decade.