Author Topic: Barack Obama: Great President? Or the Greatest President?  (Read 14551 times)

gulca

• Zone Leader
Re: Barack Obama: Great President? Or the Greatest President?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 02:34:03 PM »

I am not above genocide to clean out our prison systems either.

SArT

Pwipe the prison?

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 03:25:35 AM »
@Brandon

Benghazi is a pet peeve of mine. Attacks on embassies or consulates are not things typically handled by the White House. Obama's hands are pretty much  clean of that. I'm not talking about the aftermath,  just the actual event.  Most US outposts in northern Africa and around the middle east are routinely under threat or a polarizing center for protest.  Everyone knows this, it's part of the job. There have been dozens of attacks since the 90's and nowhere near the inquiries as there have been on this single episode. It's purely political.

If we jumped at every shadow and sent troops to every perceived threat, we'd likely end up opening fire on a rowdy mob in their own country. The prudent course of action is to let things play out and be cautious. Had there been a US military force present that opened fire during such a protest you'd be calling Obama a war criminal.

The focus on this is solely to give a black mark on the secretary of state and inevitable 2016 runner, Hillary Clinton.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 03:46:26 AM »
And secondly @brandon in regards to energy policy.

http://newsok.com/david-ignatius-americas-energy-boom/article/3924093

Thirdly all your shots to Obamacare are fine, but you can't argue with more people getting better coverage as being a detriment. The people who lost their plans was because their previous plans didn't cover mandatory minimums. You want to paint it as "ooh he lied!" but that can also be construed as "he got us a better deal".

Right leaning and thinking folks seem to have a hard time with nuance and complexity surrounding issues.  Even your point about federal funds for abortion. It's like a fraction of a percent that goes to it, literally pennies. But if you want to force women to have unwanted babies, how many more dollars is that being spent to pay for children in social programs because their mother/parents can't afford them? Oh and what kind of quality upbringing are they being granted when they're viewed as a burden from birth?

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »
It is a fact there were no protest outside of the Benghazi Embassy,  it was a complete lie by the Obama people.  There were protest in other countries but not that one.

This comes to fruit after recent emails were surfaced coming from the WH to Susan Rice stating to underscore that the root of these protest were from a internet video when the CIA never attributed the attack to a video.

But we know from previous testimonies that there were actually no protest in Benghazi that day..  Just a planned attack

The real question is why was the CIA in Benghazi?  Answer is they were smuggling weapons  which could be the very reason this attack was planned.

I guess if you want to believe what the government tells you go ahead.  But you would be a sheep..  I still would like to know how building 7 collapsed on 9/11  :)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2014/04/29/email-links-white-house-advisor-to-spin-blaming-benghazi-on-film/

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:45:17 AM by btown »

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 04:35:43 AM »
I have not read anything that implies all was quiet on the Benghazi front before an attack was sprung as you are implying. The most recent and "damning" accounts of the incident came from a newly retired military official, Brig. General Robert Lowell who said we should have at least tried to save those in danger eventhough the time frame was questionable. 

What I have read and understand was that the nearest U.S troops to support were about 5 hours away. It's also easy to say they should have done something more when tragedy happens as compared to overreacting to everything. It irritates me when people keep putting forth the notion of "we could have done more", that's true in almost every situation in hindsight. You cannot protect everyone from everything all the time. Shit happens. So whenever I hear rhetoric from congress or even just within the state legislature that says "to make sure this never happens again" I roll my eyes.

The Sept 11 commission was very much the same. The CIA should have done "something", "this could have been prevented". Yeah, also given hindsight, you can know that a group is up to something but that doesn't mean you have legal grounds to arrest anybody.

The Benghazi issue is to me, a non issue. It's just been bounced around like a political super ball for some reason though and the arguments for making it a major issue are as a whole, dumb.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
That's because "your side" bounces it around.  They don't want NO TRUTH.  There is not a smidgen of corruption!

And there is several accounts that there was no protest.  It was the WH who laid that story out there which was proven to be false.  All you have to do is a little research but it has been proven as a false statement and they said they just gave the best information they had at the time.

Anyway Trey Gowdy will get to the bottom of this.

blackmagus

• Fodder
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2014, 11:35:30 AM »
The argument for making insurance companies not exclude pre-existing conditions is the fact that companies will often find ways to terminate chronically ill employees in order to reduce healthcare expenses. (Read; self-funded medical plans) It when these people are terminated that finding medical coverage immediately is necessary to avoid massive out of pocket costs and a cessation of treatment for their medical conditions.

I've been on two health coverage committees at two separate agencies and both did line item analysis on types of treatment and medications by brand, with the biggest expenses typically being HIV anti-virals and diabetes medications. You better believe tying in these costs to time off requests is done by our Human Resources departments. Yes it is practically criminal, but they use the same at-will employment clause.

So before you start running your mouth, think about what it must be like to have to take medication or die, then tell me whether you feel pre-existing conditions shouldn't be excluded.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
My god, the people who get obsessed over Benghazi are like dogs chasing their tails.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
Kuss I hate to break it to you.  But this Benghazi thing just got started.  And I don't mean here in this forum.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
No of course not, they have to make as big a deal about this as possible under a false pretense in hopes of making a big enough smudge on Hillary Clinton to derail her inevitable nomination in 2016.

They've been trying to make this an issue for months and months but the end result is the same and no matter how deep you dig you're gonna come up with the same thing pretty much. Alarms went off all over the Middle East that day, that particular consulate got attacked. The government was too slow to move, didn't understand the urgency of the situation or felt that it was unreachable. Four Americans died. Anything that happened after that really doesn't matter. The rationale for why it happened and who knew what afterwards really doesn't bapting matter. Unless you're just looking to go out on a witch hunt and demand that someone be held accountable.

It's as if they're hoping to find out that Hillary Clinton herself ordered the attack or something. It's over with. Let it go.

blackmagus

• Fodder
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:48 PM »
That pretty much is it. They're desperate to discredit Hillary as much as possible as she is a legitimate candidate, particularly if she supported by outgoing the President on the campaign trail. Meanwhile Republican's are having a terrible time from having the Neo-Con's run off all of the Independent's and Moderate's with their all or nothing rhetoric.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »
John Huntsman was actually a great candidate for the Republicans who would have done well against Obama but he didn't meet conservative litmus tests. I hope he runs again, I'd probably vote for him over Hillary - then again I don't really know anything about Hillary's economic plans.

But they'll probably flirt with ideas of horrible candidates like Michele Bachmann, Donald Trump and Herman Cain. Awww shucky ducky!

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:25 AM »
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/5aozn7/bullet-points-over-benghazi

That is pretty on point and displays the appropriate reaction to Benghazi. Again, it's over. Let it go. The outrage over 4 Americans being killed in a dangerous job is supposed to be greater than the outrage of an entire military ground invasion under false pretenses? That also led to thousands of American deaths and tens of thousands civillians. When put into proper context the Benghazi outrage is laughable, and a serious hail mary attempt to stain Hillary. Own it for what it is, btown.

blackmagus

• Fodder
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
Look at the Beirut bombings in 1983, a total of 307 people died in those attacks and come to find out after a commission was created to study the situation, it was found insufficient security was lax and that the total loss of life could have been much smaller, even prevented had the proper steps been initiated beforehand. That was it, the nation moved on.

Yet here we have a similar situation, in this case 4 people died, one of them being an Ambassador level individual and we have the Conservative press trying to stoke up a firestorm as if somehow this has never happened before. Hypocritical much, yes. Probably didn't hurt that Ronald Reagan was the president in 1983.

Matt

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »
This thread is fabulous entertainment while I take a dump at work.

Healthcare for old people and unlucky young people is beyond affordable for normal mortals. The only comparable expense that everyone eventually needs is the military. Defense has been a basic human need since cavemen so the government has no qualms taxing its people to pay for it. The health of citizens is equally important, the problem is that it has recently become expensive and tax haters cry "unfair" since letting people suffer and die is much cheaper.