Author Topic: iOS Client  (Read 2558 times)

Matt

iOS Client
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:01:22 AM »
Mud Rammer is the best client I've found so far for iPad mudding. However I would give a testicle and a few dollars for a JMC or even tintin clone that runs on iOS.

fralex

Re: iOS Client
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 01:18:38 PM »
Quick question, what are the kind of features people are looking for in an iOS/Android mud client? Do you need gestures features or some kind of other native implementation stuff, or do you just want a scriptable text client that you use with the native keyboard / bluetooth keyboard?

Pondering if a pure javascript with websockets would work for you guys. Thinking just a website that you go to, login to save your aliases/actions and such might be a pretty neat open source project. Similarly, I just stumbled on this: http://www.phudbase.com/wm_client/  ,needs way more polish though.

Matt

Re: iOS Client
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Easy to make aliases are my biggest thing. A Bluetooth keyboard is assumed. Simple triggers are also a must with working variables. Tic timer function. Most clients I've tried use a menu system for creating aliases and triggers. A typed syntax would be much preferable (like tintin and JMC). Other simple but critical features are semicolon command separators, text entry that saves and highlights the command just entered

#alias {fs} {c 'flame shroud'}

#trigger {There were %1 coins.} {split %1}

Highlights would be cool also, but the above are critical for "modern" arctic play. For me at least.