Author Topic: pwipe?  (Read 14838 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
Re: pwipe?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
The question about any xp table change is how much will it really change playing habits...

I think the xp table change did what it was supposed to - limit the number of trash pk characters.  However, it lead to a new focus on multi-ing, since the grind is easier in a group and people didn't mind as much if they were grinding 2 (or more) characters at the same time. 

As a result, we have some of the most rampant multi-ing/botting we have ever seen. 

However, I am not convinced, now that the floodgates have opened, that lowering the xp tables would reduce the amount of cheating, instead it would just make it easier for EVERYONE to have a healbot (tm).

The staff doesn't want to, and should not have to, police the multi-ing, but without hard limits to ip addresses and some sort of ip tracking for characters I am not sure how anyone can stop it.

I"m a big fan of the Friday wipe, by the way, but with wrestling season started I, like Daniel, won't be on much until February.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
Would you like Arctic to Pwipe now? (5/27/13)

Yes   528    96.35%
No   20    3.65%
Total Votes:   548
List Polls

Haha!  Who voted like 300 times on SUFs??? I've voted maybe 2 times i think, but 528, damn! lol

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
Congrats Sean!!

and as for the xp tables and "trashy" xp chars... I think the increased XP tables made it way harder for clans on the losing side of a battle to roll and level up unknowns, something that has traditionally been a way for people losing a war to come back and ambush and reverse the tides. It also made it HELL for solo players who don't group much, and made the game more grindy to those of us who either level in groups, or to those who use bots to level up. I keep going back to this one statistic... a few clannies and myself spent 7 hours killing city guards of various towns just to xp up a few levels. I mean 7 hours typing kill guard and watching lame misses and hitting extremely hard is very grindy, and most of us play arctic for its fast paced action and excitement, nobody needs that kind of grind imo.

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
It was the X-factor to a lot of people quitting or playing very little. 

So why do it? 

Really, have we heard 1 good reason why?

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
Brandon, I agree with you for sure.  It was not good for the game.  On the other hand, my trash black robe only made it to lvl 25 this wipe, whereas in wipes past, it would have been 30 no question.  So that side of the table it did accomplish its goal.

btown

• Elder
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »
OK REED.  thanks for agreeing then back peddling.

It's simple really.  This change "FORCED"  several people to quit that I know.  How many did it force to quit that I don't know?

So lets say 1wipe ago we had 40players at prime time.  Well now there is 36.  These are real people not robots. 

What's the goal?

And I am not even counting some people.  My newbie cousin I could count. He played Stanley once.  He tried to roll last wipe and got to level 12 and gave up.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »
What I'm trying to say brandon is it partially accomplished it's goal, however there were huge reprocussions on people who gave up because it was a huge pain in the ass.  Like i have said all along, if i were in charge, I would do the following with the XP tables:

Lvls 1 - 25 = Old XP Tables
Lvls 26 - 28 = In Betweend Old & New XP Tables
Lvls 28 - 30 = Slightly closer to new XP tables

This would allow people to lvl up semi quickly, less grind.  Once you hit 26ish, you can start grouping in high lvl groups.  The increased xp for 26-30 will prevent scum from getting to 30, or make it more of a hassle.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »
OK REED.  thanks for agreeing then back peddling.

It's simple really.  This change "FORCED"  several people to quit that I know.  How many did it force to quit that I don't know?

So lets say 1wipe ago we had 40players at prime time.  Well now there is 36.  These are real people not robots. 

What's the goal?

And I am not even counting some people.  My newbie cousin I could count. He played Stanley once.  He tried to roll last wipe and got to level 12 and gave up.

Will you leave that dead horse alone already? You've been harping on this forever now!

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
Brandon, I don't mind showing you a few mid zones so you can pop gear, earn rank AND powerlevel at the same time...just drop me a line and let me know what align.

Also, if you have an established (i.e. legendary) friend who can help I can show you how a 21+ can earn 6-8 million xp an hour (and it has nothing to do with killing guards in vingaard).

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 02:23:32 AM »
the problem is that those mid level zones are just boring, but it is what it is.

zaxx

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 05:11:13 AM »
Brandon, I don't mind showing you a few mid zones so you can pop gear, earn rank AND powerlevel at the same time...just drop me a line and let me know what align.

Also, if you have an established (i.e. legendary) friend who can help I can show you how a 21+ can earn 6-8 million xp an hour (and it has nothing to do with killing guards in vingaard).

Wow, I could use such an offer too! ;)

btown

• Elder
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
Alecto I don't need your help!

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »

that almost wants to make me play again.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »
It took me 16 hours playtime longer this wipe over previous wipes to get to 30. I don't think it is that unbearable.

Sean

p.s. wedding was great: you can pwipe now.

it takes me a month to get 16 hours playtime

sart

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 09:52:17 AM »
It took me 16 hours playtime longer this wipe over previous wipes to get to 30. I don't think it is that unbearable.

Sean

p.s. wedding was great: you can pwipe now.

it takes me a month to get 16 hours playtime

Sadly I think there are those still putting that in daily...

It is the unspoken requirement of rank 50.  (if you read my earlier more mean way of saying this.. I'm sorry... I am trying to be nicer.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:57:36 AM by sart »