Author Topic: pwipe?  (Read 14800 times)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
pwipe?
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:54:35 AM »
I know there are big things in the works (LUBE, removal of casting level, a world merchant that buys books you don't want, etc.) and the idea of wiping just to wipe might seem redundant, but I know I am logging a lot less and just sort of waiting for a wipe.

I mentioned it before, but I like the idea of a DOUBLE wipe - a one week long mini wipe which is basically just for the racers (perhaps with a minor prize like a +stat medal or something for the highest rank/cash/xp/deaths to cyan/pk/whatever) followed by a traditional wipe.

I don't know how much time it takes to wipe the player file and reboot (I know there is a lot of policing going on during the first weeks) and if this is a huge investment of time, I understand, but I think it is time to start wipe 47! (or whatever number we are on...)
Take care,
Alex

Kir

• Zoner
Re: pwipe?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »
Hoss mentioned in another thread they'd be posting on the forums towards the end of this month about a pwipe. I know the staff has been in favor of 6 month wipes, as am I. My big concern is hopefully if we pleaded hard enough, the staff could wipe on a Friday afternoon or something, allowing our aging and mostly professional player-base a solid few days to enjoy the rush :P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:26:11 AM by Kir »

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »
Hopefully not next weekend...my wedding would need to be postponed and I doubt the new family would take it well.

Sean

Saint_Ronin

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »
Sean, priorities. "First immortality, then the bitches."

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »
doesn't matter for me, end of semester crunch and exams looming. i'm tied up for 2 months and have no intention of rushing, especially since i got a 1 month holiday planned in jan :)

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
Loved your post Zozen LOL!  I second the Friday afternoon request.  Would make my life much easier and the chance of me losing my job over mudding on the job decrease drastically :)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »
Yeah, I think the kids have figured out when I let them all watch a 3 hour movie in class that the mud must have wiped...

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »
I have been talking to people and I really think the xp table changes forced a lot of people to quit.  I know at least 3 people who didn't play last wipe after low levels solely because of the amount of time and grind it takes to get high level.  It's 1 reason I only made 1 char and didn't bother to make any unknowns. 

I hope you change or adjust it.  It very well could be the biggest factor for last wipe absence of players or why everybody quit early.

Once people get in a war and get pk'd they usually would make unknowns.  Now making unknowns has became unenjoyable.

I would consider the xp tables to be one of the biggest flaws atm

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 11:34:50 PM »
I have been talking to people and I really think the xp table changes forced a lot of people to quit.  I know at least 3 people who didn't play last wipe after low levels solely because of the amount of time and grind it takes to get high level.  It's 1 reason I only made 1 char and didn't bother to make any unknowns. 

I hope you change or adjust it.  It very well could be the biggest factor for last wipe absence of players or why everybody quit early.

Once people get in a war and get pk'd they usually would make unknowns.  Now making unknowns has became unenjoyable.

I would consider the xp tables to be one of the biggest flaws atm

getting to level 20 wasn't too bad. I don't like joining top groups until level 26. Level 20-25 were unbearable. People were gonna legend before I hit 1x or got a second character to 26.

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:02 AM »
Just remember that on the new xp tables level 26 is the old 1x...so grouping at 20 on the new tables is like grouping at 25 on the old ones.

The nice thing was that skilling was no longer an issue since it took so much more time to get to 1x

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »
@Alecto

The problem I think is the ability for a normal level 20-25 to xp on their own. At 25+, you gain more skills/pets and that helps in solo effort. But at lvl 20, you are no different from lvl 15 and thus you are still killing que kiri type of xp zone. This means even though your tnl xp doubles (every level) your rate of killing stays the same. It is like salary trying to catch inflation each year.

Being able to kill 100k to 150k xp mob solo without much stress is the key to the new xp table. Until a fresh level 20 can do that with ease, it will be a deterrent for someone coming back to get to lvl 30. The hope is that if they have a lvl 30 to run around with, they will stay a little longer.

skills stuck at ** at 1/10th of your level is an issue. Either lower the skilling chance of that skill (not my recommendation) or increase the max level cap on those skill (this).

Compress all the skills cap from 1 - 30 to 1 - 25. So at lvl 25, you should be able to have all superb skills and pets (if you spend more time skilling than xp'ing). Beyond 25, it is just a matter of xp grind (which hopefully you can do with ease now) and waiting for spell slots and stuff that comes along at higher lvl.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
It took me 16 hours playtime longer this wipe over previous wipes to get to 30. I don't think it is that unbearable.

Sean

p.s. wedding was great: you can pwipe now.

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
i'll be sitting out the first half of the wipe this time around unless it wipes in like february

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »
  I also would like it to wipe on a Friday Afternoon.  It would cause me a lot less headache, and make sure i can rush all weekend without killing my paycheck.

I think it would also bring a lot more to the rush.

Saint_Ronin

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »
Congratulations Sean! Now she can see the dark side which we know better as Zozen.