Author Topic: Creating a variable in CMUD  (Read 8123 times)

Brad

• Fodder
Creating a variable in CMUD
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »
I need to create a variable for say tank or weapon.  so i can say Healer = JimBobTheHealerBoss . Then i can make a general command for rescue healer, instead of typing some of these crazy names.  I know the general logic for coding...but dont know any of the syntax.  Please  If you do respond to this post... can you comment your code so i know what is going on.  I will repay you with all the legs of lamb you want(as many as you can carry).  CMUD has a good GUI but i dont know this bit.  I want to be able to change the variable from the command line for faster switching between names in different groups.

Thanks!
Brad

RichE

Re: Creating a variable in CMUD
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
make alias main  '#prompt main' now type main in mud it will create @main variable with what value you put in. Next make alias hm c 'heak' @main. Goodluck

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »
you will need a lot of luck if you cast 'heak' on a main...and will probably need a new main as well

RichE

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
LOL, don't want to get in trouble giving game information away.

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »
Thank You.

Now I have to go Search for this Heak spell... Sounds pretty powerful

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
I'm trying for heak's sake!

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:41 AM »
Is it bad that I can code in Matlab but have no idea how to use my client?

If you know what matlab is ... I made a friggin Othello game with it last semester.

but took me forever to work out how to split coins automatically

Brad

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
Is it bad that I can code in Matlab but have no idea how to use my client?

If you know what matlab is ... I made a friggin Othello game with it last semester.

but took me forever to work out how to split coins automatically

Brad

What happens if someone shouts:
There were 5;quit coins

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 02:36:33 AM »
Then the world sees their spam... But my trigger doesn't go off.

Learned that the harder way. Zugg Software has actually got some pretty good instruction on making triggers "safe" on their website.  If you put a $ in front of the pattern text it means that the text has to be on its own line.
So no more Gnua shouts ' There were 20;quit coins.'Because of the "  Gnua shouts ' '   " it is no longer the right pattern.

I'm slowly learning.

Brad

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:43:18 AM by Brad »

Skyler

• Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
I've used cmud for years, and zmud before that, and I just don't split coins cause some bapting asshat shouts like that. Perhaps I should head over to their site and check it out.

Or I can get back to stealing coins.

It's too bad there's not an easier way to get everything at once, I don't even know what kinda cool triggers and scripts I'm missing because I don't know shit about shit about any computer anything.

I've got 6 lines of address bars at the top of my internet explorer window, and there's been probably 15 popups while I've been trying to type this.

Brad

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
Definately read the help stuff on CMud. It shows you a bunch of ways to make your triggers "safe". Keeps guys from messing with you.  I've had clannies test mine. they even typed some code input to see if CMud would trigger off of it, and failed.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 04:38:04 AM »
I have to note that split trigger is extremally unsafe on healer or main tank becouse split eats pulse. You dont want to have your pulse eaten when you healing or maining. So you just disable loot triggers at all in this case.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:59:32 AM by Loretta »

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:38 AM »
It is useful then to create a variable like "split" and then modify your loot/split trigger so that it only goes when "split" has a particular value.

Then if you want to be super geeky, you can use character key mapping to set it up so that F1 = spliton and F2 = splitoff

David

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »
I have to note that split trigger is extremally unsafe on healer or main tank becouse split eats pulse. You dont want to have your pulse eaten when you healing or maining. So you just disable loot triggers at all in this case.

And since we are talking about pulses, examine corpse or get all.coins corpse all eat pulses. Basically any kind of commands (and non commands) sent to mud will eat pulse and one day will cause deaths (finger pointing to recalls/healpots in a pouch/chest)

Just ask Locki how many times I casted create food (when he's at awful) and then create water (when he died) over the years of healing. I still keep them just because I think a death every now and then keeps a main in his place (and appreciates heal more).   

Oligo

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 12:30:21 AM »

Then if you want to be super geeky, you can use character key mapping to set it up so that F1 = spliton and F2 = splitoff

F3 = skimon and F4 = skimoff