Author Topic: Arctic no longer a PvP mud  (Read 368 times)

Hoss

• Elder
Arctic no longer a PvP mud
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
I heard that the game went to a no-pvp model? Is this true?

Sad, sad, sad.

reed23

• Zone Leader
Re: Arctic no longer a PvP mud
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
Hoss - Rise takes back all of the bad things we said about you.  We didn't know how good we had it.  Our sincere apologies!  Except your thinking that making all weapons 2d6, that was retarded lol.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »
Lolz,

TBH, I had a grand plan to lower overall damage provided from equipment and add it back in to a skill-shot ability system. Glad to see the mud still running though, I guess.

Kam

• Administrator
  • Fodder
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:23:20 AM »
Sometimes it feels like nobody who actually has anything to do with this game uses these forums.

This is one of those times.

el conquistador

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
cant please everyone on this game.  make the mud no_pk and a bunch of people dont like it and quit.  or let pkillers run rampant and a different bunch of people dont like it and quit. 

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:33:53 AM »
Can we keep it real?? I almost considered playing when I heard the pk damage reduction had been changed... but 25% is still a joke. That crap needs to be removed entirely. I'd rather have somebody only lose 25% of items on death. The pk damage reduction basically screws up the foundations that arctic was built upon, and it opens up the game to way more problems with balance; ie how the hell can u deal with a globed nobash cleric. If you want to be carebear just make people drop a random 25% of their gear, that way pvp battles can still happen but clans can live to fight another day.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:06:54 AM »
See, that is where your unfamiliarity with the game comes to shine. The foundation of the mud isn't your PK. It's fairness and balance. Each subsequent revision to the core code was to make classes and gear more balanced, to make the game stronger and to persevere throughout the years. It has at that in over 20 amazing years. The Overlords saw what a small clan did with it's win at all costs nonsense and found that careful balance was being destroyed by players, not their efforts. So by the looks of it, they changed PK to prevent further damage your antics was causing.

How do you deal with a nobash cleric? You wait until it runs out of spells! You learn to play the game better and bring a better balance of classes to the kill. Ever heard of sustain? No, I didn't think so, but longer fights are more fun. Your four round blitzkriegs of stabs, frags and bashes aren't the meta anymore. Learn the new one and quit whining.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »
Wait until it runs out of spells LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 06:11:28 PM »
so u wait till the no bash cleric runs out of spells and reach like 10 hp...for like say...half a day of figthing...and then see it recite recall (if u are still alive to see it recite recall)
another fun day on arctic!^^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:16:10 PM by Jang Yoo Sung »

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 07:57:01 PM »
If your unable to rise to the challenge of the new PvP meta, then so bet it. Your not exactly going to be missed.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 12:08:20 AM »
lol im just glad im not playing the same game being played by someone as stupid as you blackmagus

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 02:26:11 AM »
If your unable to rise to the challenge of the new PvP meta, then so bet it. Your not exactly going to be missed.
This legit made me lol.

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »
See, that is where your unfamiliarity with the game comes to shine. The foundation of the mud isn't your PK. It's fairness and balance. Each subsequent revision to the core code was to make classes and gear more balanced, to make the game stronger and to persevere throughout the years. It has at that in over 20 amazing years. The Overlords saw what a small clan did with it's win at all costs nonsense and found that careful balance was being destroyed by players, not their efforts. So by the looks of it, they changed PK to prevent further damage your antics was causing.

How do you deal with a nobash cleric? You wait until it runs out of spells! You learn to play the game better and bring a better balance of classes to the kill. Ever heard of sustain? No, I didn't think so, but longer fights are more fun. Your four round blitzkriegs of stabs, frags and bashes aren't the meta anymore. Learn the new one and quit whining.

^ this is kams target market. No wonder shit is so fked up.