Author Topic: Its been 5 weeks since pvp nerf and arctic mud population has collapsed  (Read 1633 times)

Kir

• Zoner
It has been 5 weeks since pvp was removed and currently there are currently 10 people online, one being an afk imm, the other being myself, so really 8 people playing this game during prime euro hours and half-prime US hours: Is it now safe to say  that the removal of pvp was a colossal failure? Prior to ruining pk there were about 60 people playing. Some players would have dropped off after 5 weeks no doubt, but to have the population drop to 15-20% is an obvious problem. Is there any plans for the moronic staff to apologize for this kind of devastation? Or the possibility of changing arctic staff again to a not-so incompetent staff? Even Hossmud had better numbers than this for christ's sake. Utterly pathetic.

quaff milky
You quaff a milky potion of see invisible.
Your mind races and after rubbing your eyes a bit, things look sharper.
Your eyes tingle.

589H 117V 1X 4.39% 2837C Exits:WD>

who
Heroes
------
[Hero 31]  Johari Ichiban, The Legend Continues

Mortals
-------
<Myth> Grambo, First Blood
<Myth> Phadez the Male Gnome
       Mahno the Male Minotaur
<brog> Puso the Male Hill Dwarf
<Myth> Aeclasic the Male Theiwar Dwarf
<RISE> Matthis, True Believer
<WILD> Queen Molly, Itinerant Archmage of the Wastes
       Elim the Male Silvanesti
       Wingz the Male Kagonesti
<Myth> Zapp Brannigan

Master Mike

Re: Its been 5 weeks since pvp nerf and arctic mud population has collapsed
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
I believe I all ready called Daniel long out on this and he just called me names and has not been seen again. I cannot even think of how to fix the game at this point but restoring pk would be a start.
1. restore pk
2. unlim gear
3. nerf orbs
4. nerf no bash items
5. announce changes and set pwipe for 3-4 months from now

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
It's midday during the week, people have work and school to attend. Evening populations still average 30+

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 04:59:15 PM »
Reminds me of all those Fox News claims that global warming is fake because it snows during the winter.

Master Mike

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 05:13:54 PM »
I don't believe In global warming much, climate change is real thou.
If you like the mud the way it is keep it. I'm just here to rant and rave.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
Reminds me of all those Fox News claims that global warming is fake because it snows during the winter.

Not sure if you are stupid or retarded but you realize that this is a global game, and time zones are different depending on the region of the world right?

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 12:03:02 AM »
I do indeed and once again your post midday for US players was made at 11pm for European players, once again on a work/school night. Maybe you should poll the number of folks online the moment the game reboots, then you can exclaim you're the only person online. I'm sure you'll feel better then.

skeetulrich

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »
Correlation is not causation, bro

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 06:55:52 PM »
1. Bring back PK.
2. Raise group sizes to 10
3. Make common sense changes to classes - buff druids, remove shitty skill training, bring back mage area, etc.
4. Have immortals start paying attention to suggestions that people who actually play this game have to say.
5. Change gear & spell % loads to something decent.

Do that and see people actually play this game.  It's very easy. 

Master Mike

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
well of course reed nailed it... I am just pandering to the bitches.

xellos

• Fodder
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
Im never going to play this game again if the immortals just drop a no-pk when they feel like it.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
I agree with all but 1 t hing reed said. Mage area is broken when its fully available. That shit does not need to come back. There should only be 3 or so BIG mages in the game. Period. So bapt having 8-10 folks running around stunning, prisming, blast waving, nightmaring.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 06:49:29 PM »
Jorake,

I hear what you are saying and get where you are coming from.  See a different perspective though.

If there were 3 big mages running around, the clans that had those 3 mages would be at a CRAZY advantage.  Mage area in PK when it isn't fully nerfed is elite, I think we can all agree on that. 

That is why I think it should either stay at 0 or should be in a load location where it can be accessed by almost all clans.  If Rise had 2 big mages and <enter clan name here> had 0, Rise would be at a severe advantage.  If both clans had 5 mages with the big spells, the playing ground is even.

I know this to be true, because once upon a time, Jack and I were running around with misty longswords and berserker shields trying to PK The Almighty Jorquin, Ilya, and Sanjuro.  Then we learned shards quest, spelled up 5-6 black robes, and destroyed them in Mithas with nightmare.  If we hadn't had access to nightmare/blastwave/prism in a fairly easy load location, we would have never competed.  We didn't have the firepower to kill Cyan or a big mob at the time, so it would have been impossible to really compete.

Mages are 100% useless atm in Zoning.  Tent may be the only decent zoning spell a mage has.  The rest is all utility.  Acid mist has been nerfed into oblivion, white robes can spam shards of arcana (best case scenario), and red robes maybe chain lightning?

If I were The Almighty Jorquin, i'd put the nightmare/prism/blastwave book back on void like it was last wipe, or even 5 headed.  That way all clans can get it.  I'd also nerf the PVP chance of disabling down to maybe 7-10%, so 1 nightmare couldn't destroy an entire group.  The end.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 08:28:21 AM »
Tether is tits

Master Mike

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 11:36:16 PM »
that's why they removed shards because you hurt there little feelings..... :(