Author Topic: decay + deadbeat  (Read 648 times)

el conquistador

decay + deadbeat
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »
i think making no_limit items no_decay should be considered. 

i was out of town for a couple of weeks and when i come back some of my set has decayed and i can no longer wield my weapon.  i check in the shop for some any decent weapon i can play with and there is nothing.  feels real bad.  i couldnt bring myself to use shop longswords so i just rented. 

now a week after that i decide maybe ill try it again but now i have deadbeated.  nothing super nice but i lost a ton of enchanting materials.  so it feels real bad for the second time and i rent without playing again.

i wonder how many other players dont come back because of this.  i am probably not the only one.  it really takes away motivation to play when you log in and your character is much weaker than he used to be. 

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: decay + deadbeat
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 10:50:35 PM »
i doubt many people have quit specifically because of this, but i dont see the harm in it! couldnt hurt if it wasnt too much work.
seems like an awful lot of coding for something that doesnt really hinder most players that i know of.

Dagda

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 05:28:57 AM »
Yeah, this is a good idea. It's frustrating as an older player without a lot of time to have to grind xp, ranks, ring ranks and then repop decays from unlimited gear. There needs to be consideration that the player base is older and some of this grind has to be gotten rid of.

el conquistador

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »
maybe its just me.  decay and deadbeating are not a real problem if you are playing regularly.  but if you are returning after being away for a while you are probably on the fence about getting back into it at all.   then you log in intending to play and see half/all of your stuff is gone and its just 'bleh.  maybe ill just play some more LoL'.

Dagda

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 03:05:21 PM »
Yeah, it's disheartening for sure. I've pushed through it before, but it's hard to deal with :) Luckily lots of stuff at the world merchant usually that can get you started back on your feet again.

Kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 02:36:08 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with this.

Let me look into it and see what looks like a fair compromise here.

el conquistador

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
its probably fine i dunno.  its just how arctic is and has always been.

but twice i logged in fully intending to come back and play and then didnt as a direct result of massive decays and then deadbeat.  seems like thats not the greatest.  but probably the main thing was that i was not especially motivated to play in the first place.  the item losses were just kind of the last nudge i needed to not play haha.

when im actively playing decays dont bother me much at all.

Khad

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 07:53:42 PM »
i quit because of decay. if you play solo, since 2007 or so, decay makes your play all about popping decays. this is stupidest way to spend time. i didnt try new system, when you forced to rank trash char for making playable legend char. and i wont do this. and remember game "no mans sky", its dead because of grind. so decay and grind are two main problems since pk damage reduced.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Then dont play! The whole point of decay at this point is you have to work to keep your items. Keep your set. If you dont then someone else gets the chance to pop it. Simple.

I wouldnt care if they made things nodecay but they would also have to make them nolimit.

Stop whining. Whiner

Kam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 09:01:22 AM »
Some 850 different weapons that were no limit will now be no decay.

The changes are already made, but if you have an item from before I modified it, it will still decay until you repop it.

Making these changes for all other equipment is a pretty massive undertaking and not something I will be able to accomplish quickly, so starting with weapons seemed like the highest impact option.

Dagda

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 12:31:51 PM »
You're a superstar.

Gotten

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 07:28:15 PM »
Thats rad Kam, thank you.

zodiak21

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Thanks for the hard work Kam, but if you ask my opinion +dams are the real priority here.

el conquistador

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »
nice.  thanks kam i appreciate it!

Khad

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 10:30:15 PM »
kam announced nice changes. really nice. but none of my soloable sets contains nolimit items. most of them % load and i still have to sit in 2 zones at once to prevent other player to steal my pop. why not to remove decay, or at least make it real, like wood decay timer about 10 years, gold no decay, etc. already anyone can locate, steal, destroy and pk. really no need of decay, at least for nonelite items like +1stat. my vote for nolimit flag to such crappy soloable gear.