Author Topic: Limit items and weekly lottery draft  (Read 269 times)

gulca

• Zone Leader
Limit items and weekly lottery draft
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:48:39 PM »
Here is an idea for limit items distribution that is similar to lottery drafting system in sports.

They face a similar situation to Arctic equipment. Limited EQ/players with a set of limited clans/teams. Every player only get to be in a team at any single time. Every limit EQ can only be in a clan at any single time. You get the idea.

So, clans need to earn tickets to the drafting system. They do this every week through high end mobs. Each clan is limited to a specific number of tickets. This number is dependent on clan hall size. Each time a clan pops a ticket, they have an option to get a draft number with random roll. If they have reached max number, they have option to to reroll a ticket for a higher draft number.

End of each week, the clans can exchange their tickets with limit eq. The clan with the highest number go first.

If the limit eq goes out of the system, dt foom frag, it stays out till next draw. Only clan members are allowed to loot their drafted EQ.

I would also suggest area spells be changed to limit eq specs with a cool down. You want prism? Go get a staff of magius that has prism spec. It would be like heal. Everytime you use it, it draws the mem slot of the same circle.

A lot of limit 1 items with different tiers can be added this way. Different zones and mobs will drop different tiers tickets. Each clan hall will have max numbers of different tiers tickets they can collect each week.

Dagda

Re: Limit items and weekly lottery draft
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:23:48 AM »
-1000 DKP

Jorake

• Zoner
Re: Limit items and weekly lottery draft
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »
I think this is a poor idea. People build sets and I wouldn't want to be limited on what I can have if I put the time in to get it.

Deep renting is 100% the problem. Another mud I play has a timer on each item that is limited. Kim ones mostly. And that time is 240 real hours. If you don't kill mobs to earn rank points and your item goes unfed then you lose the item.