Author Topic: Last chance to make the game competitive once again.  (Read 915 times)

blackmagus

• Fodder
Re: Last chance to make the game competitive once again.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »
PK should be moved to arenas. If two consenting clans want to fight or do battle, they should be able to prepare and then go after each other.

People who don't want to PK shouldn't be forced to suffer when they want to play a great game.

xellos

• Fodder
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 07:02:47 PM »
who is this blackmagus troll? you dont know shit about rise.
jang jang jang, just stop, you tried to join rise for pwipe rush and your application got denied. love you lesser asian.

blackmagus

• Fodder
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 07:17:05 PM »
You're funny Tim.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »
I have yet to meet funny Tim.

That one is evil.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Pax
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »
There is an application for RISE? I guess it is true, we are all middle aged men.

Thank you for showing interest in joining the RISE team. Unfortunately, your application will not move on for additional consideration. Please do not reply to this automated rejection letter.

:)

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 07:52:26 PM »
yep i asked to join rise early wipe cos i enjoy going full super nerd mode on wipe day
but that was only cos i thought rise had changed its old ways of picking on the little guys
but u guys showed us that that isnt the case... u want clans like myth to stay the same as always u cant stand us becoming stronger ...that's just sad

and myth was equally super nerd mode early this wipe so i was content

anyway just continue playing and be content with zoning guys...stop with all the ego abt rise prevailing over everything lol

kholos

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »
I wipe rushed. I did good too, loaded some elite limit 1 items. Legendaried a character quickly and then I stopped playing and I hid. Did RISE attack me or threaten me? No. I did a very good job at keeping my distance. So I start a new exotic character and await the day RISE quits so I can zone with my elite limit 1 gear. RISE puffs to my lowbie exotics, in hunt for Ilya. RISE tells my locating mage to leave, and buffs up in preparation to kill me (you don't cast sinister barrage for fun).

It isn't that RISE went around killing everyone (this time), it's that they would if they could. You bet if they saw any good gear on me, I was targetted and would have been killed. This has been an interesting wipe already, with no real competition for RISE, myself and those like me took to logging on for 5minutes, seeing 14 RISE that have been on for the last 20 hours and renting.

RISE, I commend you for your tenacity. But you get enough assholes together and you have become a gang of thugs and are a plague on Arctic. Hell, I even convinced my girlfriend to start mudding with me. She was murdered by RISE on a level 14 character with no gear. In your crusade to destroy your enemies, you leave in your wake a trail of destruction that is not conducive to the current status of the game. I'm sure RISE loves this game, but you and certain others fail to see how you are accelerating its 'death'.

el conquistador

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »
rise has seemed to be pretty decent to people the last couple of wipes.  maybe i just have been lucky but it seems to me they have tried to not kill the weaker players/clans anymore.

its a tough problem because a large % of players just have no interest in fighting anymore.  and when you have no interest in fighting, getting pkilled is soooo lame.  its way too harsh.  you lose everything.  and the way its done these days, now you are highlighted and you will get killed again and again if you try to keep playing.  your alts will get figured out and they will get highlighted and killed.  your friends will get killed for grouping with you and possibly highlighted themselves.  if you dont want to fight, you are better off quitting immediately and people do. 

look at whats happened with that kekistan guy this wipe.  he was forming groups and doing fun zones with neutrals or anyone who wants to zone.  but the core clan decided to hunt him for some reason.  and now he is poison.  i wont group with him again because i dont want to be highlighted or killed when he gets jumped.  and not just him either.  it is somewhat risky to group with Anyone you dont know.  the risk of getting highlighted is the risk of having your wipe ended.  its just not worth it.  i dont see kekistan on too much anymore.  and the mud becomes a little bit less fun.     

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 08:42:49 PM »
that kekistan guy is a good player i like that kekistan guy

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
I have come to love my chats with Kekistan as well. At first he gave me unsolicited advice that I refused to take, later he gave me more advice that I didn't listen to. CORE should leave him alone and if not, I will group with him anyway should the time arise for fun and profit.

Last time he showed me the secret zone of caergoth and we got sweet patriarch rank. It was very simple but I had a good time grouping with a true mudlord such as himself.

xellos

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
Kholos - We already knew you were Malachi with lifestealer and robe of twilight like day 3 and Chao 5 hours after you made the mage.  Why start a fight over thief gear?  If I had been you, I wouldve taken the bloodless first blood and looted my 20dams on the ground no f u c k s givin.

kholos

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 02:09:05 AM »
And therein lies the difference between us Xellos. You said it yourself, no bapts given.

octan

• Fodder
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 02:28:59 AM »
I wipe rushed. I did good too, loaded some elite limit 1 items. Legendaried a character quickly and then I stopped playing and I hid. Did RISE attack me or threaten me? No. I did a very good job at keeping my distance. So I start a new exotic character and await the day RISE quits so I can zone with my elite limit 1 gear. RISE puffs to my lowbie exotics, in hunt for Ilya. RISE tells my locating mage to leave, and buffs up in preparation to kill me (you don't cast sinister barrage for fun).

It isn't that RISE went around killing everyone (this time), it's that they would if they could. You bet if they saw any good gear on me, I was targetted and would have been killed. This has been an interesting wipe already, with no real competition for RISE, myself and those like me took to logging on for 5minutes, seeing 14 RISE that have been on for the last 20 hours and renting.

RISE, I commend you for your tenacity. But you get enough assholes together and you have become a gang of thugs and are a plague on Arctic. Hell, I even convinced my girlfriend to start mudding with me. She was murdered by RISE on a level 14 character with no gear. In your crusade to destroy your enemies, you leave in your wake a trail of destruction that is not conducive to the current status of the game. I'm sure RISE loves this game, but you and certain others fail to see how you are accelerating its 'death'.

So you wipe rushed and got the best gears for thief and your compatriots got some really nice items.  So where is the problem?  Where can't you compete?  Lets just face the truth, you all want the best gear on the mud without any real competition. :)

You know you love me, XOXO

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »
Where is this game even headed?  Are we headed for a care-bear mud...let's get everyone's perspective and bapting get rid of the awful parts of this game.

we'll find out about care bear when we find out the response to a sleep/para + steal attack.  Though your analysis of how to improve the game seems pretty solid as usual

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
I don't think it's ever been an issue of not being able to fight sometimes. The issue with rise is the ambush style play and that they all seemingly work from home and can log way more. In the old times you had pretty specific play times for euros and Americans. So even if you are fighting you have a window to regear and rank a bit.