Author Topic: Rising threat  (Read 4900 times)

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
Re: Rising threat
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2017, 12:45:24 PM »
Newbie - get your facts straight, I never killed anyone for shit gauntlets. Did someone in Core, perhaps...This was also my first wipe in CORE so point your finger elsewhere. I don't mind PK, in fact I enjoy it. The problem is that many of us only have 1-2 hours a day to play and can't invest the time to be competitive. I offered RISE on many occasions last wipe to arrange some fights all of which were turned down. Instead they gave "cease fires" that they broke and ambushed us in.

One last thing...you talk about me not being able to PK? I at least try and fight back unlike you who has to go run behind Reed Jack and Tim. Keep flinging poop from behind the people that actually do the pking.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:54:24 PM by Willoe »

Dagda

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »
I don't know much about the drama this wipe, but I do know that, as a member of WILD, almost all WILD players quit because of RISE.

1. We'd zone hard at the beginning of the wipe.
2. We'd eventually get gear that RISE wanted.
3. RISE would eventually attack us for said gear. One wipe we tried to preemptively attack as I recall.
4. RISE would now keep us locked out of the game with our known characters by relentlessly logging superior numbers (most of the time we could get 5-7 people at most on) so forced us into playing our unknown characters.
5. Eventually RISE would break some rule and get kicked off the site and we could play or they would get bored and quit. At this point we could either start zoning again or most of us had already quit.

This happened at least 6 wipes in a row if not more.

There was a wipe where we teamed up, I think it was with NOW clan, and fought back. We mass-ripped RISE three times in a row only to have some sort of mysterious bug that rebooted the mud immediately after the battle occur.

I also thought it was funny that WILD was accused of cheating. "WILD you used your imms to solve Sleet zone! Cheaters!!" No, actually Yankton, Allan, and I think Geo spent hundreds of hours working on solving that zone legit.

I had friends in WILD that I never get to chat with anymore. It's disappointing to me. There is still lots we'd like to figure out, especially now that there are some new zones in the game.

Lol you are completely delusional. Wild quit because when the server moved, Yank and Nate lost their port access. When you cheated, you still got dominated... when you couldn't cheat it was back to brogs. Also, Wild did beat us in our FIRST wipe as rise in a few battles when there was about 4-8 of us playing, and you still ended up getting dominated that wipe.

And if you were actually a real wild and not some fodder, you would know that Yankton couldn't solve his way out of kobolds. He had all the information prior to going into sleet and still had to spent hundreds of hours to work out how to win the fights lol.

P.S. the reason the mud foomed that wipe during pk is because hoss was actively trying to bapt with the dragon orb when a player had it, causing the mud to foom when the player died with the orb

Perhaps you should learn facts before going of and calling someone a cheater. Yank, Lucas, Bodhi, Marq, Geo, Sean, Derek, Curtis, Chris and Raf et al. never cheated. We explored everything and learned through long hours of exploration losing all of our gear sometimes in the process and having to gear up again. We played the game to zone, we only fought when folks like you pulled us into a fight. A few of us were old fogies back then and we're even older now. We don't have the time for the bull of warring a bunch of people who can somehow be on the game all the time.

It's better that this game get rid of PK. It's a fun place to explore great dragonlance based content, that's what I originally came here for 20 years ago and I made great friends in Wild. I came back because some of those friends still play and I'm happy to be making new friends again in this game. I'm happy to have never had the pleasure of meeting one such as you who makes baseless claims against someone I consider a friend.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
I don't know much about the drama this wipe, but I do know that, as a member of WILD, almost all WILD players quit because of RISE.

1. We'd zone hard at the beginning of the wipe.
2. We'd eventually get gear that RISE wanted.
3. RISE would eventually attack us for said gear. One wipe we tried to preemptively attack as I recall.
4. RISE would now keep us locked out of the game with our known characters by relentlessly logging superior numbers (most of the time we could get 5-7 people at most on) so forced us into playing our unknown characters.
5. Eventually RISE would break some rule and get kicked off the site and we could play or they would get bored and quit. At this point we could either start zoning again or most of us had already quit.

This happened at least 6 wipes in a row if not more.

There was a wipe where we teamed up, I think it was with NOW clan, and fought back. We mass-ripped RISE three times in a row only to have some sort of mysterious bug that rebooted the mud immediately after the battle occur.

I also thought it was funny that WILD was accused of cheating. "WILD you used your imms to solve Sleet zone! Cheaters!!" No, actually Yankton, Allan, and I think Geo spent hundreds of hours working on solving that zone legit.

I had friends in WILD that I never get to chat with anymore. It's disappointing to me. There is still lots we'd like to figure out, especially now that there are some new zones in the game.

Lol you are completely delusional. Wild quit because when the server moved, Yank and Nate lost their port access. When you cheated, you still got dominated... when you couldn't cheat it was back to brogs. Also, Wild did beat us in our FIRST wipe as rise in a few battles when there was about 4-8 of us playing, and you still ended up getting dominated that wipe.

And if you were actually a real wild and not some fodder, you would know that Yankton couldn't solve his way out of kobolds. He had all the information prior to going into sleet and still had to spent hundreds of hours to work out how to win the fights lol.

P.S. the reason the mud foomed that wipe during pk is because hoss was actively trying to bapt with the dragon orb when a player had it, causing the mud to foom when the player died with the orb

Perhaps you should learn facts before going of and calling someone a cheater. Yank, Lucas, Bodhi, Marq, Geo, Sean, Derek, Curtis, Chris and Raf et al. never cheated. We explored everything and learned through long hours of exploration losing all of our gear sometimes in the process and having to gear up again. We played the game to zone, we only fought when folks like you pulled us into a fight. A few of us were old fogies back then and we're even older now. We don't have the time for the bull of warring a bunch of people who can somehow be on the game all the time.

It's better that this game get rid of PK. It's a fun place to explore great dragonlance based content, that's what I originally came here for 20 years ago and I made great friends in Wild. I came back because some of those friends still play and I'm happy to be making new friends again in this game. I'm happy to have never had the pleasure of meeting one such as you who makes baseless claims against someone I consider a friend.

Are you retarded? Marq got DELETED for having a 50d50 weapon that he used on his thief to solo whatever he felt like on the mud. I agree that Lucas, Derek, Sean never cheated. Vespin.Chris cheated his ass off as well using his level 34 to stat zones so he could learn them and pop the eq for his thieves. I was Wild for several wipes, as was a lot of other players in Rise or have been Rise. Your lies only go so far lol, a lot of us were there for it.

Dagda

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »
Using "retarded" as an insult is just indicative of the level of intelligence that you stoop to. You deserve everything that comes to you.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »
Using "retarded" as an insult is just indicative of the level of intelligence that you stoop to. You deserve everything that comes to you.

Thanks I appreciate that. I am actually very great-full for that all that I have been blessed with and all that is coming to me. Hard work pays off.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
Ilya you just want people to not play so you can play and get all the good gear and kill myth and people who are alone. You killed a guy for gormskun armbands, you are worse than Rise. You try to say they are assholes then do the same thing. Your worse because you are a hypocrite who is just bad a PK. You are good are loading eq and that is about it guess what anyone can load eq in this game when they have walkthroughs and when they are playing by themselves. Have fun with that.

I don't know about the Ilya thing but I know John Ennis had some bitchfest over Graham getting a bapting solid silver girdle last wipe. Want to pk him and shit for it. So no its not just RISE that do that. But there is a base difference in fighting rise and fighting core. Rise likes to make excuses after they peace you so they can kill you again. or the make you title something stupid to get peace or they just do demeaning shit. Core on the other hand, when its done its done. You peace core and theres a good chance Ilya would invite you to a group the next day.

Ezio

• Fodder
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 05:05:53 PM »
Have you ever seen a major lim dam offhand?

Any 10d10 long swords?

Me either.

kholos

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 07:44:22 PM »
My thoughts:

As most people who still mud, I've played this game for 15-20 years. RISE members have always behaved the way they collectively behave now, as randomers and as bullies. The difference is that they are the best at it now. 15 years ago when I was newish to the game, I used to trash random, and employed all of the scummiest tactics. I understand the appeal. RISE' capabilities are beyond control, and this game is too small and limited to restrict it effectively. As Jorquin said, their goal is to systematically exterminate all who pose a threat. It won't suffice to kill those who have gear they want, but to kill those who have the capability to load the gear they want. There isn't a good solution.

How RISE was abusive:

Constant uptime on many characters. It is quite clear there was immense botting/character sharing going on to achieve what RISE has achieved.

Relocating to and targetting (at least categorizing) all untagged characters. Is this illegal? No. But it's clear to see how defenseless a neutral can be against this. If any gear of value was spotted, you better they were 'highlighted' and marked for death.

Suspicious fooming of the mud. Yes, it is possible to foom the mud there are many bugs. This can be used to reset zones for gear/spells, to reload eq after DT's, or to screw somebody completely over.

Had the tables been turned, would I or those affiliated with me done the same? I can't speak for others, but I had an opportunity to foom the mud (yes the bug's been reported, no it wasn't yet corrected) to cause some damage to RISE, which for all intents and purposes is my enemy. When I saw Kushner's corpse with all his gear I could have looted his 17ish damages. Call me a fool for not, but I don't still play this game to ruin people's experience. Certainly it happens, but not to the extent RISE takes advantage of their opportunities to be abusive and dishonest.

In short, steps needed to be taken and I commend the upper Arctic staff. It's a tricky balance. I don't have the answers, but I have one suggested solution to help prevent the utter decimation of others, and allow for playing the game in at least some minimal way:

Add no_pk flags to most high level zones to allow for some zoning even when the threat of an opposing clan is presently online. One of the biggest problems now, is that if 2 clans fight, they are flagged and cannot escape. If you lose a fight but get away, you are still almost gauranteed to die in the clean-up.

octan

• Fodder
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2017, 10:29:50 PM »
How RISE was abusive:

Constant uptime on many characters. It is quite clear there was immense botting/character sharing going on to achieve what RISE has achieved.

Relocating to and targetting (at least categorizing) all untagged characters. Is this illegal? No. But it's clear to see how defenseless a neutral can be against this. If any gear of value was spotted, you better they were 'highlighted' and marked for death.

Suspicious fooming of the mud. Yes, it is possible to foom the mud there are many bugs. This can be used to reset zones for gear/spells, to reload eq after DT's, or to screw somebody completely over.

Can you also add RISE is contributing to climate change and nerfing/doing away with OBamaCARE too while your at it?

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 10:44:39 PM »
How RISE was abusive:

1. I had a legit 9+ days playtime as of last night. About 2 hours of that I was afk training brew so I could get to legend and play the game for realz. I don't know about you but I love arctic rush enough to take a MUD vacation every wipe. I realize not everyone has this luxury but I'm not a cheater because I have a lifestyle that allows me the time to do what I want. I had the opportunity to be a nobash dragon orbing shaman which honestly was kind of a special moment because I've thought it would be cool to hold a dragon orb since I started this game in high school like 20 years ago.

2. I think we had about 9 characters 'highlighted' this wipe. All of them were part of the group that had huma shield, dragon orb and onyx shield.

3. I can tell you we never foomed the mud. I can also tell you we were very suspicious of several very poorly timed fooms as well and the idea of others cheating against us was talked about in voice more than once. I guess fooms just happen sometimes..

You can have opinions about how we're assholes or whatever, I'm going to assume you don't mean me personally since I'm bapting nice to everyone, but this notion that RISE is a bunch of cheaters is honestly something we've been laughing about.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 12:59:52 AM »
1. I had a legit 9+ days playtime as of last night. About 2 hours of that I was afk training brew so I could get to legend and play the game for realz... but this notion that RISE is a bunch of cheaters is honestly something we've been laughing about.

I heard Ilya and mavlad were deleted/awfulled for afk skilling (which i was told is against the rules).

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 01:37:40 AM »
1. I had a legit 9+ days playtime as of last night. About 2 hours of that I was afk training brew so I could get to legend and play the game for realz... but this notion that RISE is a bunch of cheaters is honestly something we've been laughing about.

I heard Ilya and mavlad were deleted/awfulled for afk skilling (which i was told is against the rules).

Well if having triggers to train a skill that is a pain to train and forgetting you're logged on is a deletable offense then I guess I'm finally a cheater :)

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 02:15:39 AM »
This thread is a propaganda piece at its finest.  The irony is grand.  Rise jokingly chooses to theme their chars off the current U.S. President and his cabinet and a fake news story is written about them.

'All the highest imms got together and agreed we need to do something.'

One of them is Ilya's brother and another is a long time associate with Ilya and the danes...  I'm sure this was a completely unbiased decision...

I like the false comparison of giving us a taste of our own medicine too.  Those cheat chars you guys made took you all but 3 minutes to make.  Our characters we have been grinding for hours and hours for the last 3 weeks.  No, you didn't take any gear and xp is an afterthought, but that's not really the issue I have with this situation.

Look at your public suggestions:
We can team up some cheat characters with the oppressed or we can give them some cheater gear.

Some other great suggestions that I remember from our conversation last night:
split into two clans and my personal favorite.. play less.

This immortal interference is all too familiar.  When there is no clear policy, there is no accountability.  I see how this game works and I will gladly take your suggestion.

p.s.
@kholos RISE fooming the mud...  (Lol. This dude is completely clueless)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:28:04 AM by eddiex »

octan

• Fodder
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 02:31:04 AM »
p.s.

I like how he admits he as foomed the mud and then accuses others of doing the same.  I guess once you are a cheater you automatically think everyone also does the same.  HAHAHAHAH

kholos

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2017, 02:46:36 AM »
p.s.

I like how he admits he as foomed the mud and then accuses others of doing the same.  I guess once you are a cheater you automatically think everyone also does the same.  HAHAHAHAH

Dang, I guess you got me. Your keen inference of my admission of guilt and of my supreme cheating capabilities will shut me up. I applaud both your ability to read as well as your clever rhetoric. I better crawl back into my hole.