Author Topic: June 17, 2017 -- New Wipe  (Read 1182 times)

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
June 17, 2017 -- New Wipe
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »
Arctic MUD will be opening at 12pm MST for a new pwipe. Below are a brief consolidated list of changes.

General Race & Class Changes
  • Gnomes lost their spell power racial bonus. It was overpowered. They now have a minor spell damage boost instead.
  • Ice storm now focuses. This does not require legendary, nor does it require a rank. This is basically due to peer pressure from massive amounts of whining. Lightning storm did not get a buff as a result.
  • Mage spell loading has been altered. Cyan, Blazewight and Void Beast no longer load mage area spells. You will need to embark on a quest to get area, or be very lucky.
  • Shadow wrap, Astral Locator and Delayed Blast Fireball are all back in.

World Changes
  • Qualinesti has been completely revamped. Implementing this zone on time would not have been achievable without the help of Alecto who wrote a lot of descriptions for me. I have not had ample time to play test the fights, so you will be guinea pigs. They are mechanically sound, but numbers may need tweaking.
     If you run the zone I would advise logging it, and if there are any issues then message me on the forums.
  • Tantallon has been added back into the game.
  • Phaethon has been added back into the game.
  • Enstar's Bay has been added back into the game.
  • A Green Dragonarmy camp has appeared near Neraka. Thanks go to Kragg for this one, and to Rorc for helping tidy it up for implementation.
  • A Black Dragonarmy camp has appeared near Neraka. Thanks go to Horton for this one, and to Rorc for helping tidy it up for implementation.
  • All rentable items from the Thorbardin zone (including some surrounding areas on the same reset timer) are now flagged NORENT to facilitate implementing a revamp at some point in this wipe.
  • The labyrinth zone that was mentioned previously is not ready for implementation. It will probably go in mid-wipe.
  • The final dragonarmy camp (Blue Dragonarmy) for the Neraka area is ready for review and will go in some time soonish.

That's about all that has changed right now. As always we hope you enjoy the wipe.