Author Topic: Cleric help!  (Read 1331 times)

Jorake

• Zoner
Cleric help!
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:39:27 PM »
Who has some ideas for ways to make clerics more fun? At legend sure you can get nice animates and destroy stuff but over all, i think the class is just super boring. It could be because i mained a healer for many wipes. Ive had several legend clerics. Rapture is cool, ameloration or whatever is pretty cool. Theres just not much to do though BUT heal. And maybe thats how it should be. But i always opt for shaman because they do good damage, spirits are fun. channel is fun. I like absorbing things and getting the skills. Ghostskin rocks.

ANYHOW. What are some ideas to make the class more desirable?

And dont say "nerf druids nerf shamans" It would be lame to nerf other things just to make clerics look good again. Something should be done to bring them up to speed!

Give regen back to clerics!!:)

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
Re: Cleric help!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »
Cleric's are stupid strong...With rapture you can double obliterate when rallied/ghostdancing... You get three BUFF ass corpses that are part of your group... You can heal people from awful to perfect...You get a limit damage spell that also makes you hardbash at legend...I'm not quite sure what you are referring to but clerics at legend are one of the strongest classes, period. T

el conquistador

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »
give clerics some faith skill that makes their target fall to the ground from the power of your faith.

a bash for clerics!  yes yes

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:29:40 AM »
I don't often do this, but I agree with Ilya.  If you know how to play the class, clerics are elite.  Spells that could be tweaked are wave of terror, holy word, healing mist.  All 3 are 8 slot and suck.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:43:42 AM »
Then maybe I'm just to burnt out to play them again. I said that was a possibility!

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:19 AM »
The thing with clerics is they are bapting boring as shit to level. You typically get a big 2 handed weapon and just run around and blind/hit/flee and level. There's no combat abilities, they don't have frags that actually do damage. Once they manage to get fully spelled up and legend, they sure are awesome, but the game play still seems...boring.  Order all.corpse assist tank, group, nothing going on? ok, assist. I haven't personally leveled, spelled and played a cleric in probably 10 years. I much prefer a mage or a thief, but that's just me. I think they need SOME kind of skill just to lvl with and help them along the way. Healing wave to clerics and healing mist to shamans would be a fun little change.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »
That spell swap idea isn't a bad idea. Let's give clerics 2 paths to go down. One focused only on healing and group well being. The other focused on damage. With rapture and some heals. Maybe less slot.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 01:38:33 PM »
I guess it just depends on what you consider exciting.  Is playing a 20 dam basher exciting?  Assist, punch, bash.  bash, kick.  punch, kick, assault, bash.

I get it though - clerics are definitely boring.  I think people want some kind of better offensive skill/spell that makes them more useful in zoning, etc.  Like I said previously, making a cool new spell and calling it wave of terror or holy word that would make the caster feel like they are participating in the offensive zoning process would be cool.

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 05:42:18 PM »
I guess all classes in a group are pretty boring unless you are doing a really big fight. I guess I just find it more enjoyable to go solo as a thief and see what kind of ridiculous things one can solo.

el conquistador

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
I guess it just depends on what you consider exciting.  Is playing a 20 dam basher exciting?  Assist, punch, bash.  bash, kick.  punch, kick, assault, bash.

I get it though - clerics are definitely boring.  I think people want some kind of better offensive skill/spell that makes them more useful in zoning, etc.  Like I said previously, making a cool new spell and calling it wave of terror or holy word that would make the caster feel like they are participating in the offensive zoning process would be cool.

if you break it down basher sounds pretty boring too, but its different somehow.  you are in the fight.  when you are a cleric it feels like you are just standing around watching the fight waiting for something to happen.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 08:20:15 PM »
Then maybe I'm just to burnt out to play them again. I said that was a possibility!

are you saying they are weak or are you saying they are boring?  I'd agree that they are boring but not that they are weak.  they are kind of useless on fights that a shaman/druid can keep the group alive in

kmark101

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »
This actually gave me an idea: how about giving clerics a higher level melee weapon skill with 1 handed bludgeons (turn all 2h bludgs nocleric), instead of spell frags? It would turn them true battle clerics and their mechanic would remain unique. The cleric could either go and melee/assist (and maybe some low level shield block too?) OR stay away from the melee and cast/heal (good healers never assist anyway).

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Pax
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
Legend a cleric, then go see all the end game content you can solo. Good way to make a "boring" class more exciting. Go two man some stuff just to see if you can. Or better yet, use the stupid awesomeness of a legend cleric to go learn zones basically risk free.

Matt

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
Some melee aspect would really squash some cleric boredom. Strike wouldn't make a cleric all-powerful, but at least they could get in the action between spamming group.

Kuss

• Fodder
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 10:03:55 PM »
Clerics are the bestest. Their limits to solo only got nerfed by dispel changes, at least back when I was playing.