Author Topic: Whoa! Settle down Scooter  (Read 1840 times)

gnua

• Zone Leader
Re: Whoa! Settle down Scooter
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 04:46:24 PM »
we can't just switch our play time by a couple of hours to avoid RISE.

when rise is going strong, they are on all the time.  i dont think they were exaggerating when they said that some of them played for 62 hours of the first 3 days.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
Seems wipe may be boring, no Core or Rise:(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:03:15 PM by Willoe »

xellos

• Fodder
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »
jorake, you forgot CORE attacked and kill one of us Hour 1 of the wipe, and ambushed us early day 2 at aspre and beat us.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »
Yes we did, it was a preemptive strike as we were hoping to prevent what eventually happened anyway. Everyone knows how RISE plays and how RISE wars, the only chance CORE had was to hit first, bummer it didn't work.

el conquistador

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 01:37:30 AM »
its pretty hard for me to understand the fun in pvp on this game.  would arranged fair fights be better somehow?  i dont think so.  smash equal groups into each other and see who's bash triggers go off faster and who gets lucky with saves as mages spam their favorite spell?  no healer is actually casting their own heals in a fight like that anymore are they?  how much skill would it be?  i cant see the fun in it.

the rise way probably gives more pleasure.  planning out clever ambushes and setting up fights where your enemies have almost 0 chance with tricks and superior force.  there is definitely a kind of fun to fully dominating your enemies and then keeping them down.  but it is the fun of the schoolyard bully.  especially when your opponents have little interest in fighting back.  you are grinding the smaller kids faces into the ground and making them grovel and beg for your amusement. 

that way used to appeal to me when i was young.  but now that im old and soft i dont have any interest in ruining other peoples fun for my own enjoyment. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:42:30 AM by el conquistador »

kholos

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »
Being CORE's original founder, I feel I should chime in.

All this talk about how CORE attacked RISE is just silly. CORE started as a zoning clan, much like myth. We had been harrassed as we 'rose to power' by nearly every clan in the game. 'Ben' and Reed, or Reed, used to PK our less adept players every single wipe. Brandon's Apoc warred us every wipe they existed. We fought BSP at least 3 times, and RISE has initiated a war with CORE every wipe aside from the last. We have war'd Ilya(prior core), we have war'd Eric(prior core), we have war'd Mavlad, and we have war'd wtf big names are attached to RISE I dont really care.

My point is that, CORE has existed since me and Marc (Rover) formed it, nearly 10 years ago. For the most part, we have played simply to enjoy the game and never had any intention to war. However, we have participated in a war every single wipe since our existence. This wipe, we of course knew that it would be inevitable. The issue with war on Arctic these days, is that most people simply don't have the time and tenacity for a war. CORE used to get slaughtered several times a day, and we would play with shop gear. As we learned more of the game we earned better EQ, but it took us time. Most of CORE's original members have long since left the game, and I barely recognize my clan today. Certainly, we don't have the same mentality as we used to, as the wisest members of CORE retired from the game.

RISE: I haven't bothered to learn any of your names, or communicate with you in hardly any way even though we have fought in some capacity for at least the last 5 wipes. I love PK as much as anyone, but you have to have a clan commitment which it seems we will never have again. Your trash tactics have grown tiresome with the general attitude that exists in the mud today. Most of us have families and careers that take precedence, and we no longer can sit at the log-on screen for 2 hours. Having attained a higher level of the game, we are no longer satiated by shop equipment and exploration. Much like the Shriners, Renshai, RoT, Wild, Outlaw, and BSP's of the game, our time has come and gone. If CORE exists in future wipes, it will never be to participate in the type of relentless, player dominating mud that you as a clan so desire. Convince some 18 year olds to play the game, and just maybe you'll get the war you want.

xellos

• Fodder
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 08:45:11 PM »
rush this pwipe and you will know my name sweet cheeks

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2017, 06:43:01 AM »
rush this pwipe and you will know my name sweet cheeks

bapting nerd.

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 05:56:25 AM »
its pretty hard for me to understand the fun in pvp on this game.  would arranged fair fights be better somehow?  i dont think so.  smash equal groups into each other and see who's bash triggers go off faster and who gets lucky with saves as mages spam their favorite spell?  no healer is actually casting their own heals in a fight like that anymore are they?  how much skill would it be?  i cant see the fun in it.

the rise way probably gives more pleasure.  planning out clever ambushes and setting up fights where your enemies have almost 0 chance with tricks and superior force.  there is definitely a kind of fun to fully dominating your enemies and then keeping them down.  but it is the fun of the schoolyard bully.  especially when your opponents have little interest in fighting back.  you are grinding the smaller kids faces into the ground and making them grovel and beg for your amusement. 

that way used to appeal to me when i was young.  but now that im old and soft i dont have any interest in ruining other peoples fun for my own enjoyment.

I'll tell you what I know, for me the fun has never been clan battles or PvP, guerilla tactics and Player Killing are way more fun/rewarding, but the other side rarely have the same idea. The fun I have nowadays is the thrill of exploring, since I did fairly little of that when I was but a humble follower, and if people who have already mastered the game feel the need to gtfo then I only have one word to say, "Bye".