Author Topic: Whoa! Settle down Scooter  (Read 654 times)

Jorake

• Zoner
Whoa! Settle down Scooter
« on: May 17, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »
We are looking for ways to level the playing field. Ka will have tons of people on, rise will have tons on, core will have tons on etc. The group with the most playtime always wins the race the war etc etc. So what if we had a level cap first week or so of wipe? 1st week of wipe you can get to 25, 2nd week you can get to 28 3rd week you can get to 30? Just to slow things down a bit. Could have a bit more fighting even, and it wont be some big ass area spellfest.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
Re: Whoa! Settle down Scooter
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:17:03 PM »
Could have a bit more fighting even, and it wont be some big ass area spellfest.

Seems like the better/more realistic request would be to get rid of "big ass area spellfest."

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
Actually, Core had this wipe-rush in the bag.  Then they made 2 very bad fighting decisions and it cost them everything from the first 48 hours of the wipe and put them behind the 8 ball.  Playtime is important, but not as important as making good decisions.

kmark101

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:24:19 PM »
It's not the levels, it's the ranks. And whoever gets to high enough first to run the big rank zones has a guaranteed victory.
As I suggested before, just handle rank mobs as they were all killed on wipe day, then they will provide more realistic ranks as soon as the first group reaches them, and while still giving greater rank than usual (since those few days inbetween wipe and the time ppl reach them), they won't be the gameplay deciding factors.

kholos

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »
Not a bad decision. However 1 week for 25 is harsh. Maybe 0-2 days 25, 2-4days 28, 4-6days 30

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 12:35:52 AM »
I'll be making a concerted effort to shift area spell loading away from zones or mobiles aimed at the most powerful playing groups. Cyan & Blazewight will load no spells at all, and area will be shifted off void beast. I would anticipate very few mages having any major area next wipe, but the ones who do will not achieve it by leading around a squad of fodder.

We'll also clear the ranks before the game goes up this time. Some people will be high level, but don't expect any legends for quite some time.

As for curbing the ultra-nerd-mode wipe rush some people go through, I'm not sure about this. I'm not opposed to the idea of loading up a bunch of limit 1 items and purging them randomly over a couple of weeks to help distribute equipment a little, but I don't know how effective this would be. Douche bags will still just murder people who end up with shinies simply because they're douche bags.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 12:52:03 PM »
i get that it would be some serious work on item revamping for some of them, but wouldnt it stop a whole lot of that kind of douchery, if there was a way to make say, shadow orb lim 1 PERCLAN, dragon orbs lim 1 PERCLAN, nobashes of each alignment lim 1 PERCLAN
??
that would sure stop an awful lot of douchery, or at least allow every clan a fair chance in a fight, right now you basically have the dominating clan with all gear for instance, and anytime something nice decays they threaten to force half of an enemy crew to quit over a single decay because they are GREEDYDINGLEBERRIES. but if you eliminate the need for that greed, maybe those greedy players would be nicer to eachother... rather than going for each others throats, they might actually help eachother run zones and legend. OR they would fight, and it would almost always be a fair fight... making for better fighting.

The way the game is now, once you get ahead you stay ahead, nobody can catch up to you, and dominance is maintained by literally threatening any other crew who dares to try and get large enough to load nice gear and does so. its pretty pathetic something should really be done about it. this is why you dont see a lot of crews get to attempt that endgame content like you used to. because in order to do it you need the elite gear, in order to get elite gear you basically have to learn to autobot elite pk scripted groups, and conquer whatever autobot crew currently has all the nice gear. i dont even use the term autobot as an insult, it is simply a fact by now pretending it isnt is foolish. im not gonna pretend i didnt even see a few in KA this wipe.

its one of the very few aspects of this game i find to be un enjoyable but its there and it will continue to be for as long as i can personally perceive. the greed that is, im not entirely opposed to the idea of botting if we are all openly allowed to have just one and dont abuse pk.

but before i get sidetracked, i really thing by making certain items limit one per clan you could really settle an awful lot of the douchery.

Jang Yoo Sung

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Storms Keep
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »
I would anticipate very few mages having any major area next wipe, but the ones who do will not achieve it by leading around a squad of fodder.

KA not getting and major area spells :P

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 01:30:23 AM »
haha no it will be through the rewards of epic scripting and ounces of caffeine boogersugar and other wipeday zone prep.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 07:08:29 AM »
A sure fix for eq is make it all rent decayable. There are times where a single item doesn't see the outside of an inn for weeks. Make dragon orbs and no bashes decay much quicker.

Also bring back 10man groups! It clearly doesn't matter if you remove 2. End game still got done just fine

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
If I were President Trump:

10 Man groups are a great idea.  At this point in arctic history, inclusion is probably top of the priority list.  Wipe rush is an exciting time where people come back and play.  Creating more group slots is a no-brainer to me.  You could always adjust the group limit back to 8 after 6-8 weeks if you think 10 legends is steam-rolling too much.

Contrary to shifting group limits back to 8 - allowing 10 in a group would allow smaller clans to actually attempt more end-game material.

If nightmare is being nerfed hard-core, give some love back to acid mist.
Druids could use some quick love - bring back heal cloud 2x, make lightning storm elite, etc.

el conquistador

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
10 man groups helps big clans have a bigger advantage over the smaller clans.  although the small clans cant really compete for anything anyway so maybe it doesnt matter. 

but wasnt there something like the groups were somehow breaking the game with too much damage?  so a move back to 10 would have to also come with a nerf to players, which hoss tried and was universally hated..

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 01:04:41 PM »
10 man groups helps big clans have a bigger advantage over the smaller clans.  although the small clans cant really compete for anything anyway so maybe it doesnt matter. 

but wasnt there something like the groups were somehow breaking the game with too much damage?  so a move back to 10 would have to also come with a nerf to players, which hoss tried and was universally hated..
Lol absolutely wrong. 8 man groups make the top clan way more dominate. Whoever has the 8 best sets can still do everything in the game. Mediocre clans can't do endgame with an 8 man.. however years ago, the top 5 clans would do cyan each wipe.. 8 man ruined that. But whatever, it benefits me so... keep the 8 mans!

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 03:54:45 PM »
I'm just saying. Making it 8 man didn't seem to matter so much. Everything still got done.

Lets just shoot for 6man though!

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 10:10:15 PM »
I agree with Jack. 8 man's didn't really hurt the top tier clans, the only thing it did is make less spots in group and left people on the sidelines. Vote for 10.