Author Topic: how about letting us see skill progress?  (Read 496 times)

el conquistador

how about letting us see skill progress?
« on: May 13, 2017, 02:05:56 PM »
ive been spamming excellent into the breech for about 12 hours and it has not moved.  i dont think ive seen an enlightened even.  its frustrating and feels like im making no progress.

could there be some way to show how close the skills are to advancing?   like - into the breach (excellent) 31%

then when i smash it for 10 more hours and it still is excellent at least i can see it moved from 31% to 32% and can feel i have made some progress

Gotten

Re: how about letting us see skill progress?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
I second this, I've been sitting on sharpen and mend for what seems like ages..

Terk

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:37:33 AM »
To be fair that's not really how skills work.

If you spammed into the breach for '12 hours' and didn't get an enlighten or skillful, your strategy for skilling sounds inadequate. Most likely you did not get any improvement after those 12 hours, so you wouldn't want to see the 32% as you say, because it'd be 32% still after 12 hours. Next time, I'd recommend switching up the strategy after 40 minutes to prevent yourself from getting an aneurysm.

In terms of sharpen and mend you'll get there eventually, but if you aren't seeing the enlightens you're just getting some bad luck. My guess is since Keila made skill learning easier already this wipe, I doubt they would make another push in this direction.

el conquistador

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:12:50 PM »
To be fair that's not really how skills work.

If you spammed into the breach for '12 hours' and didn't get an enlighten or skillful, your strategy for skilling sounds inadequate. Most likely you did not get any improvement after those 12 hours, so you wouldn't want to see the 32% as you say, because it'd be 32% still after 12 hours. Next time, I'd recommend switching up the strategy after 40 minutes to prevent yourself from getting an aneurysm.

In terms of sharpen and mend you'll get there eventually, but if you aren't seeing the enlightens you're just getting some bad luck. My guess is since Keila made skill learning easier already this wipe, I doubt they would make another push in this direction.

interesting. 

i actually was training into the breech wrong and superb'ed it in a couple more hours after i figured out i could turn it off manually and spam it much faster.  but i wasnt really looking for skills to be easier to train - just a way to see their progress.

but you are saying there isnt really skill train progress on each use but more of a just keep doing it until you get lucky type thing.  i didnt know it worked like that.

kholos

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »
Keila certainly did something to skill training, but making it easier is not what he did.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
get a 1d1 weapon, go fight a kender, and into settle into settle into settle into settle into settle into settle into settle into settle into settle.
learn
rinse
repeat.