Author Topic: Guild rewrite idea  (Read 596 times)

Umarth

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Tarsis (duh)
Guild rewrite idea
« on: March 22, 2017, 07:02:19 AM »
Been kicking this idea around in my head.

Level 1 class options are: Warrior, Cleric, Scout, Mage. When leveling up from level 10, you get to chose which direction to specialize your character's class, partly depending on alignment.

Warrior -> Barbarian (no lawful), Basher, Paladin (LG) / Dark Knight (LE), Monk (LN; hand-to-hand ninja style)

Cleric -> Priest (lawful only), Druid (neutral only), Shaman (chaotic only)

Scout -> Thief (no lawful), Assassin (evil only), Archer

Mage -> White Robe (LG/NG only), Red Robe (LN/N only), Black Robe (LE/NE only), Renegade (chaotic only)

Would totally scrap scouts, and do a major rework of Shaman class as part of this. Or possibly dump Shaman entirely and let Priests be chaotic as well, and give shaman spells to Priests/Robed mages/Renegades.

Might need to slightly redo the alignment spectrum to fix it to work as a two-axis system, instead of the linear system it has always been.

Also maybe change "warrior" to "Fighter" and use "Warrior" for "Basher" instead.

Kadaj

• Zoner
Re: Guild rewrite idea
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »
I want whatever you are having!

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »
This seems to unnecessarily restrict guilds to certain alignments. Also why the hate for shamans? Don't people think they are awesome?

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 07:45:07 PM »
This seems to unnecessarily restrict guilds to certain alignments. Also why the hate for shamans? Don't people think they are awesome?

absolutely awesome when legend, pretty useless before legend

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:33:05 PM »
Thats a horse faced lie, they are perfectly useful with ritual voyage and ghostmaster.

tavi

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 01:17:17 PM »
I like the totem warrior thing they were going for with scouts. I think it was slightly misexecuted and a tad organic vs. spiritual.

Seperating them from an archer class is a must, and allowing bowing in combat to have an archer class might be neccesary too.

If they did go organic totem warrior, always thought shapeshifter would be cool.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 07:21:49 PM »
Thats a horse faced lie, they are perfectly useful with ritual voyage and ghostmaster.

you are only saying that because i joined after i legended.  if i joined earlier, the entire clan would have been begging u to boot me after i voyaged the clan to the river master for the thousandth time.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
Scouts are just fine how they are!