Author Topic: DK legend ranks and more  (Read 722 times)

kholos

DK legend ranks and more
« on: February 18, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
Not posting exact numbers, but:

Legendary Drain:
                        +5 drain skill
                        Damage increased.
                        Healing increased.
                        Cooldown shortened.

Doesn't seem to improve cures or damage. Furthermore, defensive and offensive seem to cure for the same and deal the same damage. The cooldown is reduced from 17 rounds to 11 though.

Legendary Thrust:
                        +5 thrust skill
                        Damage increased.
                        Target has less chance for an extra attack.
                        Greater chance to stop target fleeing or speaking.

Damage in defensive and offensive is approx the same. I thought offensive used to have a bleeding effect I could be wrong.

Legendary Stance:
                        +5 stance skill
                        Constitution increased in defensive stance.
                        Strength and Dexterity increased in offensive stance.
                        Strength, Dexterity and Constitution increased
                                in balanced stance.

Defensive stance gives 2con, offensive gives 1str 1dex, balanced gives 1 str 1 dex 1 con.  These numbers used to be higher but likely never got 'fixed' after Hoss' nerf to rank stats. Still, shouldn't they be proportional?

Also, unholy might used to be +str, +hps... it doesn't do that anymore. Perhaps these skills/spells never got switched back to 'normal', but I think its worth taking a look at.

Dark blessing also has been changed quite a bit, it got nerfed as well as duration reduced.
Impunity has changed a lot, at one point it was hardbash at legendary. Now, at legendary, it seems useless.

Divine spells by DK are really hopeless. Perhaps moving summon dragon to 1st circle would allow dark blessing and unholy wrath to be less useless.

Lastly, a little transparency between stances would be nice. It appears that aside from the way skills work, there is no difference between the stances, only that Unholy Might casts differently between stances.

A little tweaking with Dark Knights would restore them to their former glory, as after their revamp they were quite a unique versatile class but are now lacking.

Lyam

• Immortal
Re: DK legend ranks and more
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:30:33 AM »
learn the class!

drain isn't round based cooldown, its on a timer and legend drain is about 45secs to reuse while normal drain is like 2mins
thrust has different specs depending on the stance... try them out sometime.. tho I have noticed that defensive thrust doesn't seem to work as much unless on a cleric mob
stance :offence is 2str 1dex, balanace is 1str dex 1con, defence is 2con 1dex

tho you do have a point about divine spells.. paladin divine spells rock.. dk divine sucks.. don't even bother casting anything besides summon dragon once hit legend, before legend its just spamming impunity.. tho nightfall is so much better being 4th slot instead of divine now

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 04:45:14 AM »
There's definitely a noticeable difference in stances. In defensive stance I take WAY less damage than in offensive stance. I also deal significantly more damage in offensive stance. Thrust does a bit more damage in offensive stance, and definitely can impair movement in balanced stance, and as Lyam noted throat cut almost lands anymore except against cleric mobs.

I've been pretty happy with my DK overall this wipe compared to last wipe. Everything seems a bit easier to kill.

kholos

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 01:05:29 AM »
Lyam, I have played a DK nearly every wipe including before different stances were a thing (riposte > impair). My remarks may not be entirely accurate, but they are intended to be general.

Offensive stance does what, exactly? It used to cause a bleed spec, but I haven't noticed that for some time. Yes thrust in def. silences, bal hobbles, and offensive does _, but if you played a DK several wipes ago there was a difference. Offensive did 100 damage, defensive did 40 and silenced. Etc, etc... Now theres a 5-10damage difference on average at best?

Drain, like thrust, does comparable damage in each stance. Once again, there used to be a greater disparity.

Soul leech used to deal a ton of damage, and cure for little in offensive, the opposide in defensive. Not the case.

Thank you Kanu, for pointing out that defensive stance is for defense and offensive is for offensive. Cast unholy might in defensive stance, and go offensive, and you'll notice you take damage similar to defensive and don't deal the damage in offensive. It's quite clear that unholy might casts differently in different stances, and yes I know the numbers. My point about the stances not being different is not that unholy might casts differently, rather the skills don't reflect the stance in terms of damage.

Mostly my confusion is because it wasn't always this way, there used to be a great difference between stances (not just 1 silences 1 prevents flee 1 does nothing lyam), and I have no idea why it changed. I'm not afraid of change, I just dislike sneaky changes.

Lyam you are correct in that nightfall being switched to 4rth circle was a blessing. My point about dark blessing and impunity were to illustrate the constant nerfing.

Drain: Even though your 45 seconds V.S. 2minutes is nowhere near accurate (legendary does not increase its usage by nearly triple) it doesn't matter. Drain is however, most certainly round based cooldown. Which isn't to say that you cannot measure it in seconds. For reference,

Spell    : Blindness
Sphere   : Illusion
Usage    : cast 'blindness' [opponent]
Duration : 1+(level/3) hours/combat rounds

Certainly, you could say 1+(level/180) minutes{real life seconds}
as well as 1+(level/3) combat rounds.

I'm sure we'd both agree, that drain duration (or cooldown) would work more like 'power word stun', which wears off in the same amount of time whether in or out of combat. Don't knock my units of measurement.