Author Topic: Donations  (Read 3941 times)

giles

Donations
« on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
How about accepting bitcoins?

Malthros

Re: Donations
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:08:44 AM »
I think they'd prefer something that isn't used primarily for drug sales on Silk Road, and is an actual currency. ;)

giles

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:49 AM »
1- Paypal isn't a currency either.

2- Arctic basically is crack, so using a form of payment used to purchase other drugs is perfectly fitting.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

rafo

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 07:20:56 AM »
I was reading about that yesterday.

Lets just stick to paypal!

giles

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 10:02:01 PM »
Here is why: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57506177-93/bitcoin-exchange-bitfloor-shuttered-after-virtual-heist/

I have to assume you are joking.

That isn't a bitcoin problem.  You give your money to a 3rd party and the 3rd party loses it, it doesn't matter if your money was cash, paypal, mastercard, or what- you are an idiot and you lost your money.

Here I am asking if I can give the game some money and you are saying no, because you don't like the kind of money it is.  Guess you don't really need any money or you wouldn't be so picky.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
Here I am asking if I can give the game some money and you are saying no, because you don't like the kind of money it is.  Guess you don't really need any money or you wouldn't be so picky.

Currently, the overhead of us getting set up to take a donation from one person using bitcoins is very much out of scope. I appreciate that you would donate at all, but we are limited in what method we will take your donation.

giles

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
https://bitpay.com/ is apparently pretty easy to setup and use.

Anyway I've already made a modest donation using paypal, was just curious as this would be the sort of thing bitcoins are perfect for.

endiel

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
You'll have 2nd modest wanna-be-bitcoin donator (well, I have some in wallet, and converting smallish amounts to euros is difficult).

Don't think it would be major source, but considering steps required:
1) Any of admins downloads the bitcoin client and generates wallet, and publish the address here
2) Make secure backup of the wallet
3) Profit (hey really, that is the third step)

There is no further steps required unless the wallet gathers some significant amounts of coins along the years. Only then you go and use some exchange to get dollars after some fees.

Then again, might not make sense unless some of the admins is even slightly interested on the bitcoin-project idea.

- Lasse
                           who remembered to donate after reading this thread..