Author Topic: March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview  (Read 29250 times)

Hoss

• Elder
March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »

corey

• Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Brogs
Re: March 2nd, 2013 -- Upcoming Changes Preview
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
I still want to keep reading the changes more in-depth, but I'm going to say right now you're going to regret and have less people play races where their bonuses do absolutely nothing for them in combat (I'm looking at you kender/human).

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »
@corey Just like with women, you are a bit premature.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
Nice race benefits change.

Minotaurs can't be evil? Is this even right? Two horns and all.

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
Nice race benefits change.

Minotaurs can't be evil? Is this even right? Two horns and all.

Minotaurs have apparently gone from being evil only to neutral/good only over the years...don't know how.

Disappointed there's no evil race with crit bonus.

Dagda

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »
Love the changes.

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 04:57:19 PM »
Are there going to be more major change announcements?

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 05:00:33 PM »

Minotaurs have apparently gone from being evil only to neutral/good only over the years...don't know how.

From wiki,

Minotaurs in Dragonlance

In the Dragonlance campaign setting, the minotaurs, which are also known as "Kothians", are a reasonably civilized and cultured race. They are most commonly found on the islands of Mithas and Kothas (named for the sons of the first Kothian emperor) and are renowned for their tactical brilliance, military strength and superb seamanship.

The majority of the Kothian race worships the evil deity Sargas, who is known to other races as "Sargonnas". Their pride prohibits them from acknowledging the two incarnations as one and the same. In Kothian society, Sargas is portrayed as a giant bull-headed god who is held in higher esteem than the petty god of vengeance and strife that the humans and other lesser races may fear or worship.

Standing in opposition to Sargas is Kiri-Jolith, god of righteous warfare who is known as "Emperor" to the minotaur race. To minotaur living in the mainstream of their own society, followers of Kiri-Jolith are nothing more than heretics and heathens, who are to be loathed, hated and killed on sight in the name of their primary deity, Sargas.

Sargonnas

Sargonnas, also known as the Red Condor, the Firebringer, and the Bull God, represents the godly force of wrath. He orders souls to seek revenge on anything that does them wrong or takes power from them. He is the master of vengeance, wars fought for passion, anger, volcanoes, birds of prey and broken promises. His followers are focused in the use of discipline and order for their pursuits. He is the favorite god of minotaurs, who claim him to be the supreme deity and name him Sargas. Sargonnas favors the minotaurs in turn. Sargonnas is the consort to Takhisis, despite having an uneasy partnership with her; he can ally with her or oppose her to further his own goals. With Takhisis gone and his followers flourishing, Sargonnas is a powerful god in the current time of Krynn. Sargonnas has no real allies. He conflicts with his child Nuitari, and Chemosh, Morgion, and Hiddukel are distrusted by him. He does, however, ally with Zeboim, because his minotaurs are a seafaring people, and they often honor her. Kiri-Jolith and Paladine are his enemies among the Gods of Good, although each side has a grudging respect for the other. His celestial symbol is the constellation Condor. Sargonnas is known to appear in several forms: His most favored form is a minotaur with jet black or blood red fur, massive horns and blazing eyes, but he can also appear as a minotaur made of magma or a monstrous condor. Minotaurs claim that five is Sargonnas's favored number.[28]

corey

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »

From wiki,

Minotaurs in Dragonlance

In the Dragonlance campaign setting, the minotaurs, which are also known as "Kothians", are a reasonably civilized and cultured race. They are most commonly found on the islands of Mithas and Kothas (named for the sons of the first Kothian emperor) and are renowned for their tactical brilliance, military strength and superb seamanship.

The majority of the Kothian race worships the evil deity Sargas, who is known to other races as "Sargonnas". Their pride prohibits them from acknowledging the two incarnations as one and the same. In Kothian society, Sargas is portrayed as a giant bull-headed god who is held in higher esteem than the petty god of vengeance and strife that the humans and other lesser races may fear or worship.

Standing in opposition to Sargas is Kiri-Jolith, god of righteous warfare who is known as "Emperor" to the minotaur race. To minotaur living in the mainstream of their own society, followers of Kiri-Jolith are nothing more than heretics and heathens, who are to be loathed, hated and killed on sight in the name of their primary deity, Sargas.

Sargonnas

Sargonnas, also known as the Red Condor, the Firebringer, and the Bull God, represents the godly force of wrath. He orders souls to seek revenge on anything that does them wrong or takes power from them. He is the master of vengeance, wars fought for passion, anger, volcanoes, birds of prey and broken promises. His followers are focused in the use of discipline and order for their pursuits. He is the favorite god of minotaurs, who claim him to be the supreme deity and name him Sargas. Sargonnas favors the minotaurs in turn. Sargonnas is the consort to Takhisis, despite having an uneasy partnership with her; he can ally with her or oppose her to further his own goals. With Takhisis gone and his followers flourishing, Sargonnas is a powerful god in the current time of Krynn. Sargonnas has no real allies. He conflicts with his child Nuitari, and Chemosh, Morgion, and Hiddukel are distrusted by him. He does, however, ally with Zeboim, because his minotaurs are a seafaring people, and they often honor her. Kiri-Jolith and Paladine are his enemies among the Gods of Good, although each side has a grudging respect for the other. His celestial symbol is the constellation Condor. Sargonnas is known to appear in several forms: His most favored form is a minotaur with jet black or blood red fur, massive horns and blazing eyes, but he can also appear as a minotaur made of magma or a monstrous condor. Minotaurs claim that five is Sargonnas's favored number.[28]

Trust me, I read my Reavers of Blood Sea a few times (best Dragonlance book out there).

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
Interesting changes. Not sure I like the removal of scout from all the strength based races as a balance issue, particularly for someone wanting to play an evil scout. Their only options are human, kender, half elf and silvanesti. Both kender and silvanesti typically having had abysmal strength. But of course being blind to the actual max min values per class/race its just speculation...

The different bonuses such as damage reduced, spell damage increased etc etc look particularly fun but I am sure the values here are quite low.

Good to see continuing evolution for Arctic :)

kilians

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
intresting cannot wait for mud to boot back up and get started into the wipe thanks for updates hoss your my hero! seriously.........

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »
So goblins can't be scouts? Minotaurs cant be scouts? What the hell are you doing! And dargonesti was so great of  a race. Its one of my main reasons to want to legend a character. Because you worked hard to be able to get that benefit of having a buff legendary race character

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Pax
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
A small suggestion, please update the race help files to include this new info. Sounds cool in the "I'm interested to see how this pans out" kind of way. I'm rolling a gully for sure.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 06:32:14 AM »
Trial and error man! This will be good i think, dargos were amazing but way too op. naked with haste buffs last wipe i think i personally saw 22 str 26 dex and 25 con
amazing and definatly a bit broken lol.
The only real odd thing here is yes that minotaurs cant be evil, if they cannot be evil they should also not be good. I mean at least make them neutral and throw a story line in about why they hate evil "and" good equally!
I just cant fathom giant angry bulls being very nice to anything before they would choose to stomp them dead for sport.
I forsee a buttload of late wipe gnomish nightmarers! mark my words!!! Gnomes will rue the day!

Dagda

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:06 AM »
Trial and error man! This will be good i think, dargos were amazing but way too op. naked with haste buffs last wipe i think i personally saw 22 str 26 dex and 25 con
amazing and definatly a bit broken lol.
The only real odd thing here is yes that minotaurs cant be evil, if they cannot be evil they should also not be good. I mean at least make them neutral and throw a story line in about why they hate evil "and" good equally!
I just cant fathom giant angry bulls being very nice to anything before they would choose to stomp them dead for sport.
I forsee a buttload of late wipe gnomish nightmarers! mark my words!!! Gnomes will rue the day!

The stories tell how the Minotaurs of Krynn are 'honorable', to me that means lawful not necessarily good or evil (although they worship Sargonnas - a very evil god).  However, if you take in the idea of Kaz, then good should be on the table.  I tend to think that Minos should require that they be lawful, not necessarily good, neutral, or evil.