Author Topic: Enchanting feedback  (Read 6006 times)

kmark101

Re: Enchanting feedback
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 03:32:36 PM »
My guess is that looted eq will be come more recoverable because it will get drained rather than given to an alt.  My question is whether there will be increased motivation to kill less geared people and drain their eq.

One perhaps unintended side affect I can see with the current iteration is that the next 8man that loses a fight is going to have all of their gear that the other side doesn't want disenchanted, so pretty much no chance to recover your stuff unless you can hit them back without anything but shop gear in the ~2-5 minutes it takes them to recite drain magic scrolls on everything.

Maybe those gear could get a no_disenchant flag similarly as elite gear was not transferable a while back (I don't know if it still is)? Or flagged ppl could not read disenchant scrolls for an extended time.

Either way this disenchant flag should remain for a coupld hours maybe days on pk-looted-items.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 05:53:30 PM »
my ring disappeared from my inventory. i have no idea how or why it left but it didn't make it's own way back to the vault like it typically does. is there a way to retrieve it?

kill every kender b4 the next foom?

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 02:02:33 AM »
Before today's patch the rings could be stolen, this will be fixed in a few hours.
If you lost your ring, talk to a 35+ to restore it.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 08:28:51 AM »
Before today's patch the rings could be stolen, this will be fixed in a few hours.

thanks, has the physix strip room been tested with attunement rings?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:23:31 AM by gnua »

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »

Luckily for Middle earth, Sauron lost his attuned ring before the patch.

Rednax

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 09:34:55 PM »
I popped a cape earlier today and went to drain it... but instead I drained a rather shiny cape i was WEARING!

It would be nice if you could not be able to drain items you are wearing... just my opinion!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:55:58 PM by Rednax »

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 08:24:26 AM »
You shouldn't, the spell only targets inventory.
Unfortunately recite is not respecting it, i'll fix it at some point.

jrrestad

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »
I like the idea, and it gives me something else to work on which keeps me playing.  However it really makes me want to just solo.  The zones are obscure enough and its different for everyone.. If you have the 'quest' on your ring, everyone who kills that mob should get the rank %, maybe at a reduced number like experience.  Sharing ring rank with someone who can't even get the rank is annoying.

PK gear - I would rather drain someones eq for a wispy/faint mote than give it back to them.

Bright/Brilliant motes - I imagine trash NV and true-seeing items will be spammed, but the good ones won't get drained.  If you Combine 10 faint to get a wispy, 10 wispy to get a glowing, 10 glowing to get a bright, 10 bright to get a brilliant, or something it would still allow you another option than spamming NV loads for brights/brilliants.

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 04:19:52 AM »
There is a chance that draining an item will give a mote of higher power.
This is equivalent to combining X wispy to get a faint etc.
Terms and conditions apply :)

Hoyt

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
well i have had some fun with it been able to get invis and imm blind for ring, only complaint i have is some zones are just not possible to solo. and you don't get ring xp if you bring more than 1 person unless your killing a ranked mob.. ring should give xp on all kills in areas/missions for up to like 3 people..

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
When you type list in the attunement shop, it gives a Duration column.  For example, nightvision says 15/24.  What does that mean?  Rounds and cooldown?

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:52 AM »
I like the idea, and it gives me something else to work on which keeps me playing.  However it really makes me want to just solo

It does seem to steer people towards solo play. the downside is that it makes it even harder to group if others are doing their ring quests. the upside is that if you cannot find a group, it gives you something to do. that being said, i wonder if these rings are 'newb traps'. i always feel like i'm 'making a mistake' when i do ring quests as my time would probably be better spent skilling my tank or spelling/skilling/popping cl for my trash mage or locating gear for my main.  given the current mechanics, i should probably do rinq quests later in the wipe after i've done all the more important things (rank 27 and a spare 6 piece set for my main, legendary read magic on my alt mage, steelskin and nocharm on my alt tank) and all my friends have quit out of boredom.

is there a simple change that could make ring quests more compatible with group play? like maybe have attunement shared with group members who do not have the quest? or is the entire point of ring quests to be a 'solo' thing?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:47:53 AM by gnua »

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
I agree - I'd like to see you to be able to get attunement %'s even with a 3 man group.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »
I agree - I'd like to see you to be able to get attunement %'s even with a 3 man group.

If I could get attunement by leading someone else on their ring quest, it would give me incentive to add people to my group. That might be very good for the game in terms of building good relationships both inside and outside the clan.

Episte

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
I think while yeah it definitely can occupy players and keep them from forming 8 mans the current implementation of only a chance of ranking while in zone w active quest is probably better balanced.  At early wipe next wipe it will keep players from overpowering as rapidly. By this I mean for first two weeks while group zoning most rings may only end up around 4th or 5th tank while ranks are fresh and fairly readily progressing. Then it gives players something to do while 1 or 2 man skilling.  Ultimately it gives players something to keep doing once all the womenfolk stop letting everyone play 60 hours a week.  If ranks were shared then the rise core type players (especially if was shared quest for group global) would all blow the ceiling out on the rings probably within the first two or three months. 

I've noticed that any initial ring obsessing is later balanced out by the Grindy aspect and it becomes at least personally something I will skip doing if there is a really bad set of choices while allowing them to drag me places I otherwise wouldn't bother or dare try.

Sitting on the fire immune and vitriolic ranks right now and they are useful at times especially while soloing and there isn't the crazy rush to bulldoze a zone in under 5 or 10 minutes.