Author Topic: New player  (Read 2035 times)

Tiu2

New player
« on: October 03, 2016, 04:21:35 PM »
I've been thinking of trying out arctic mud however when I connect to mud.arctic.org 2700 and type 'start' not a damn thing happens, I also tried to just type a name, and even tried the name of a char i saw in a log...nothing happens.  Any idea what's going on?

Second question, whats a good solo char, I'd like to be able to do as much meaningful stuff as possible should I find myself group-less at any given time.

Thanks in advance.

Toinu

Re: New player
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »
Shaman absolutely. Ask help for regen quest at 20ish, it's huge healing spell for that class. When you kill mobs, sometimes you will see spirits arise from them. Control them. At 25ish, you can control 3. order all.spirit assist you.

kanu

• Fodder
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
What client are you using to connect to the mud Tiu2?

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 01:04:47 AM »
Shaman is so annoing class... I would recommend paladin.

Tiu2

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:05:32 PM »
Paladin is strong solo?  I usually prefer the hitter route over caster but usually thats not an option for solo but if that's viable I'd rather go that way.

Re: connecting

This is something I'd be just doing at work (until I get sucked in and play at home) and at work all i can use is putty which does work for the only other mud I've tried it on, perhaps it doesnt work for Arctic?  I haven't tried connecting from home where I'd use CMud.

Rednax

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 06:20:18 PM »
Paladins are melee hitters. you'll be fine if that's what you're looking for.

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »
The only problem I see with a paladin for a newbie is the whole faith thing and not being able to kill goodies. A shaman is strong for a newer player but will be almost impossible to legend until you know what you're doing.

A warrior is probably the easiest class to learn and legend with but is kind of crap to solo.

A dark knight is a great choice but runs into the same problem as a paladin to a much much lesser extent.

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 04:12:11 AM »
Paladin is strong solo?  I usually prefer the hitter route over caster but usually thats not an option for solo but if that's viable I'd rather go that way.

Re: connecting

This is something I'd be just doing at work (until I get sucked in and play at home) and at work all i can use is putty which does work for the only other mud I've tried it on, perhaps it doesnt work for Arctic?  I haven't tried connecting from home where I'd use CMud.
Paladins have decent damage and protection vs evils, have heal self feature once in a few ticks, have cure light spells, have fly mount, paladin quest isnt % load as dk one. Alot of benefits for newbie imo.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 08:41:00 AM »
I think dk is the easiest. Get a nice pet at 25 after quest. Soul leech is great. Nice buffs. Para mobs. Can charm mobs and make them heal for you. Drain is nice. Thrust silence things. Darkness is amazing if used correctly

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 10:23:27 PM »
I think dk is the easiest. Get a nice pet at 25 after quest. Soul leech is great. Nice buffs. Para mobs. Can charm mobs and make them heal for you. Drain is nice. Thrust silence things. Darkness is amazing if used correctly
And you have to solo your whole life and after all once grouped lost status on some shitty high priestess or dragon mob.

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:09 AM »
And you have to solo your whole life and after all once grouped lost status on some shitty high priestess or dragon mob.

You say that like it's a bad thing, and once you decide to group on a dk it's either a) To get lily quest, or b), to get impunity, or c), new, and the second someone asks you to, "Impune up", and you reply with, "Huh?", good people help out, ;)