Author Topic: RISE ambush CORE in Irda  (Read 2395 times)

Kir

• Zoner
Re: RISE ambush CORE in Irda
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 11:41:55 PM »
Spellpower is OP.
Alone the fact that you can buy 4 spell mods ranks and only -3ss ranks is weird? then add on top of that potential racial spellpower, legend spellpower and (not in Mccree's case) class spellpower (comeuppance), that's +6spellpower + w/e comeuppance gives. I know there's a lot more -ss gear than +spellpower gear, but still.. Does imms think this is balanced??

I suggest that spell mod ranks get replaced with +%dam done instead.

Not to split hairs here but I believe you can only buy 2 spellmod ranks.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 11:42:46 PM »
Spellpower is OP.
Alone the fact that you can buy 4 spell mods ranks and only -3ss ranks is weird? then add on top of that potential racial spellpower, legend spellpower and (not in Mccree's case) class spellpower (comeuppance), that's +6spellpower + w/e comeuppance gives. I know there's a lot more -ss gear than +spellpower gear, but still.. Does imms think this is balanced??

I suggest that spell mod ranks get replaced with +%dam done instead.

46     Arcane Inflitration    2/2  4  20000 SPELL_SAVES_MOD by 1 
You cannot buy more then 2 spell mod bruh...keep asking for more spell saves ranks tho.

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »
I mean if im in the zone and then locate you and watch you summon in a whole group in front of my mage. poof out log tracer................is it really an ambush

Murder was in fact a fairly uncommon event in Ankh-Morpork, but there were a lot of suicides.  Walking in the night-time alleyways of The Shades was suicide.  Asking for a short in a dwarf bar was suicide.  Saying ‘Got rocks in your head?’ to a troll was suicide.  You could commit suicide very easily, if you weren’t careful.

No that isn't an ambush at all. I would like to point out that 1. my mage is lvl 25 and I didn't even hit the item you were after. We were after blue symbol in vault(and I had to land a gift locate to hit on that); boots were just a nice surprise. 2. Nick and I killed the gate guards and unlocked the zone then went to locate, THEN summoned the group in. There could be a way into irda that I dont know about of course, but in terms of we opened the zone up. We were in there first. I saw your mage and figured you were buying components. I would also of had zero problems tossing you an item you lost. Locating shit for days or hours or whatever sucks and is tiresome, especially if someone then gets it.

I'm actually kind of shocked that you even considered it an aggressive move, instead of just a mistake. OR you didn't care. We are clearly out legended/geared/spelled. And had to pull in 2 other people just to do the fight.

Ericj

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 07:06:18 AM »
ApocJohn,

That zone has different timers based on what part of zone you are in.  RISE thief was inside other part of zone when outer repopped.

You can confirm this with Nick as him and I went back to check symbol and inner repopped as outer part (the guards you killed) did not.  Before you go rambling on saying you were in the zone first please know what you are talking about.

octan

• Fodder
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »
I mean if im in the zone and then locate you and watch you summon in a whole group in front of my mage. poof out log tracer................is it really an ambush

Murder was in fact a fairly uncommon event in Ankh-Morpork, but there were a lot of suicides.  Walking in the night-time alleyways of The Shades was suicide.  Asking for a short in a dwarf bar was suicide.  Saying ‘Got rocks in your head?’ to a troll was suicide.  You could commit suicide very easily, if you weren’t careful.

... I saw your mage and figured you were buying components. I would also of had zero problems tossing you an item you lost. Locating shit for days or hours or whatever sucks and is tiresome, especially if someone then gets it.

I'm actually kind of shocked that you even considered it an aggressive move, instead of just a mistake. OR you didn't care. We are clearly out legended/geared/spelled. And had to pull in 2 other people just to do the fight.

I'm actually kind of shocked that apparently you didn't care enough to ask what a RISE mage was doing there in the first place.

Tajs

• Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 08:34:19 AM »
Right, so I read it wrong - it doesn't change the fact that spellpower is still OP ..especially with disabling area :)

Loretta

• Fodder
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »
Ofcouse its op if you dont stack -svs gear. Mages invest rp into spellpower - they targets invest they rp to anything else and got stunned 9/10- fair deal!

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 04:54:12 PM »
I might add one more -saving_spell rank being available, but I'm loathed to do any more than that.

You can absolutely itemize against these sort of attacks. If you choose not to and lose the 12 damage you're wearing instead, then that's on you. Alternately, go and get similar tools (even PWS can be gotten by the little guy) and use them yourself. The reality is right now a group of players so inclined can accrue masses of area over a couple of weeks without needing a ton of equipment to do so.

With that in mind and given their over confidence, rolling RISE wouldn't be nearly as hard as you might think. I'll leave it to others to think about how you'd go about that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:58:07 PM by Jorquin »