Author Topic: tt++ mac  (Read 1356 times)

Orion

tt++ mac
« on: August 27, 2016, 03:50:35 PM »
Hi all, let me preface by saying that I'm not a very savy computer person especially with mac (just got this mac, never had one before, girlfriend wanted/uses it.) I did a brew install tintin using homebrew and it seems to be installed correctly. brew doctor says everything is good. The next question is, how do I access it? Where is it found at? I tried to search for it but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Orion

kanu

• Fodder
Re: tt++ mac
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:24:45 PM »
Hi Orion,

Pretty sure you need to go into the Terminal program (Spotlight => Terminal) and type ./tt++. At least that's what the manual says: http://tintin.sourceforge.net/manual/

David

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »
Hi all, let me preface by saying that I'm not a very savy computer person especially with mac (just got this mac, never had one before, girlfriend wanted/uses it.) I did a brew install tintin using homebrew and it seems to be installed correctly. brew doctor says everything is good. The next question is, how do I access it? Where is it found at? I tried to search for it but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Orion
in a terminal
tt++

Orion

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »
Thanks! That worked out well. Now I'm trying to set up a ticktimer and it's something called a #ticker. I can't quite figure out how to get it to refresh itself based on events in the game--like meming and such. I also can't find any timer on the screen or figure out how to make the timer show up. I played in cmud last years ago and it was pretty simple. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »
Ya if someone could copy and paste a tintin tic timer, that would be awesome

zaxx

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
tintin is a console app, no real ticker on the screen

Code: [Select]
#ALIAS {do_tick}
{
#unticker {timer};
#ticker {timer}{;#showme #TICK!!!;#delay 50 {#showme #10 SECONDS TO TICK!;gt *** TICK IN 10};#delay 58 {#showme #ALMOST TICK!}}{62}
}

#ACTION {^Your studies complete}
{
do_tick
}

#ACTION {^The rising sun proclaims a new day.}
{
do_tick
}

#ACTION {^The sky is getting cloudy.}
{
do_tick
}

etc etc
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:33:20 PM by zaxx »

Orion

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 05:20:09 PM »
Thanks Zaxx. It's starting to make sense. Seems like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't show the showme 10/showme almost there. 

zaxx

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 10:07:12 PM »
I'm having this sometimes too. too lazy to investigate :)

zaxx

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 06:00:31 AM »
think I'll give this one a try

Code: [Select]
#var seconds 62;

#ticker {seconds} {#math seconds {$seconds - 1}} 1;

#subst {>} { $seconds>}

#ALIAS {do_tick}
{
#unticker {timer};
#ticker {timer}{;#showme #TICK!!!;#var seconds 62;#delay 50 {#showme #10 SECONDS TO TICK!;gt *** TICK IN 10};#delay 58 {#showme #ALMOST TICK!}}{62}
}

Orion

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
Seems to be getting closer Zaxx. I like the little timer but I will have to find another place to put it with the sub in prompt line. Problem that happened to me was that it would countdown then go negative for awhile then reset somehow. Will have to play around with that. I like it! Thanks.