Poll

What percentage reduction should be applied to player vs player damage?

15%
16 (21.3%)
20%
6 (8%)
25%
7 (9.3%)
30%
6 (8%)
35%
40 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: PK Damage Reduction Poll  (Read 5206 times)

el conquistador

Re: PK Damage Reduction Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 12:24:30 PM »
i like polls

Rhys

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 03:35:08 PM »
Interesting. It seems the vocal majority are the significant minority.

jrrestad

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree with a damage reduction towards players, but since it's new I suggest that we start small.

Questions to consider:

If the damage reduction is ever adjusted, will we know to what extend?  Will it be clear that we are operating at 15, 20, or 35% damage reduction?

How will I test my backstabs and bashes accurately?!

Will this damage reduction affect enemies who are inside my stronghold?

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 03:45:44 PM »
I don't necessarily disagree with a damage reduction towards players, but since it's new I suggest that we start small.

Questions to consider:

If the damage reduction is ever adjusted, will we know to what extend?  Will it be clear that we are operating at 15, 20, or 35% damage reduction?

Divide damage by backstab/bash whatever else by .35 or whatever rate they decide on.

Yes it will. Jorquin already made it clear that it is flat reduction across the board with no caveats. What is so hard to understand about that?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:49:13 PM by eddiex »

Malaki

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »
Voted 20 but honestly don't see why there isn't a 0 or none.  But if there is going to be one, might as well be 20 cause 15 isn't that noticeable but 20 overall reduction would certainly let someone live a bit more, or require that much more over powering.

Curious how this would work with the first aggressive hit, like with backstab or a high damage spell, would it go into action after the first attack or would it also take that reduction into account for the first bit of damage.

jrrestad

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 06:10:05 PM »

Questions to consider:

Divide damage by backstab/bash whatever else by .35 or whatever rate they decide on.

Yes it will. Jorquin already made it clear that it is flat reduction across the board with no caveats. What is so hard to understand about that?

What I mean by this is:

Jorquinn said the damage reduction could be adjusted, like a dial.  If it's adjusted later throughout the wipe, perhaps several times, will it be stated somewhere what the reduction is currently at.

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »
I would post in game news if it were changed, but don't expect it to change mid wipe unless its really necessary. If it did you would be informed.

blackmagus

• Zoner
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »
More challenging PK for those who want to enjoy it and a fighting chance to escape for the rest who simply don't want to involved. Sounds great.

Kir

• Zoner
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »
More challenging PK for those who want to enjoy it and a fighting chance to escape for the rest who simply don't want to involved. Sounds great.

Yes but it also but we should also think about the consequences for actual pvpers. Lets put this in perspective. My clan, Rise and other top clan, Core, always have good rushes and gets the best eq. Now both our clans have THE BEST offensive items compared to lesser clans, the gap is large. If our enemies have a new damage reduction, we are still going to kill them, maybe instead of 3-4  rips out 10, we'll get only 2. But they will still die one way or another. But the chance of us actually dying to a lesser clan just went from slim, to absolutely none.

Secondly, lets imagine this damage reduction in practice. If i am a cleric with steelskin, 10-35% damage reduction pk modifier, and globe or some other limit damage item, I am not dying in pvp. If i am a mage with globe and new 10-35% damage reduction, good luck in killing me. If I am legend druid with legend stone and healing cloud on me, I am 100% not dying in pk, ever.... especially with the new hoss rule of only allowing a total of 8 players to go into pk at a time from one clan (i dont know if this is still a rule under new administration).

Cliffs, you may think this change will save you from me, but it will make me immortal, and with even less risk to worry about the volume of top predator pk will probably skyrocket.

adepali

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 04:39:52 AM »
If it was up to me PK would be optional!

JTPimpin

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 06:46:57 AM »
i think kir has the best point so far in this thread. you would have 0 shot of killing anyone with good equipment with the reduction if youre not in one of the stronger clans. so maybe just make the reduction for certain clans? (jk)

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 07:08:32 AM »
If this is going to be the only change i dislike so be it. Fyi so many new ranks and gear sets u probably have a better chance of getting away anyway. These poor bastards just got done with the worste wipe for everything.

Kafilat

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 07:17:30 AM »
Would have preferred a 0% option but in its absence I selected 35% since if we're going to do something silly then we might as well go all out so that the same mistake is never repeated again.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 07:18:52 AM »
100% damage reduction should ALSO be an option trolol

el conquistador

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 07:33:43 AM »
i wanted to vote for 99%