Author Topic: Patch notes as at 20/08  (Read 5210 times)

Rednax

Re: Patch notes as at 20/08
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
Mutilate seems like an overlap with the mutilated barb skinned corpses.

Make it DECIMATE!

btown

• Elder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Cornfields
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 05:57:14 AM »
+1 to decimate

Onea

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 07:59:44 AM »
In the patch notes it mentions the zone "Skullcap". Is that the official zone name? What name do I put for "help area x" because "help area skullcap" doesn't bring up anything.

Thanks!

Rednax

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 10:13:17 AM »
Yeah, there are a lot of different names for zones. I'm not sure what Skullcap is actually called, but Irda for example is actually called "Dragon Isle Chain" and Shayds is actually "Forest Shrine of Habbakuk". I think help files should be attached to these, like say if I typed "help area Irda" i would get the proper help file. I can't remember the last time someone called Irda "Dragon Isle Chain"...

Onea

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 09:19:00 PM »
So does anyone know the official name of Skullcap in "help area x"?

Episte

Re: Skullcap MISSING help file (bad attempt at humor)
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 12:59:50 AM »
In the patch notes it mentions the zone "Skullcap". Is that the official zone name? What name do I put for "help area x" because "help area skullcap" doesn't bring up anything.

Thanks!
Foreword:  My appologies.  It's late and my computer is borked so I'm bored while reimaging it.

The helpfile does appear to be missing, and I'm completely not an IMM, but I thought I would write up a help file for you on a lark.

SKULLCAP
=======

Long ago a really bad zone was created.  Despite many attempts to make a similarly wretched zone all backups of lesser evils were intentionally destroyed.  Lesser evils created by Thavian, or Caverns of Earth...hell nothing could withstand the onslaught of stupid that some imm resurrected.  Skullcap was unique in it's sheer awfulness.  Expect undeads, expect a very hard to solve clean solution with the group cap around 5 legends.  This was a zone so bad that Skeletor's voice acting would seem like a platinum record.  For those hardy high level adventurers successful expect gear that is almost cheat-worthy in nature, despite nerfing and balancing to not be insanely overpowered.  A thief, while not useful, might be desired.  As would those who can destroy the undead minions that grace this piece of hemorrhoid.

RECOMMENDED LEVELS:

Skullcap is suited to those who know it or large clans who have logs.  Casual players are advised to stay away.  You must be legendary to enter I believe, however the zone has traditionally been so buggy perhaps you could random teleport into it with a level 7 mage.

Skullcrap was last seen somewhere in the medial proximity to Thordbardin.

Rednax

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 02:12:05 AM »
"Suited to those who know it or large clans who have logs"... rofl

However much time it took you to write that post, I love it!

(but i'd still like to know the names of those unnamed zones... another one that comes to mind is nytes! what is the actual zone name already?!)

Alecto

• Immortal
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Dargaard Valley
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
Nytes real name is:
Dragonarmy Refuge

FYI: Nyte was Nuitari's name as a mortal, which is why it is called Nytes.

There was a dragonarmy refuge BEFORE this one: it was much easier

Rhak

• God
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »
Skullcap doesn't actually seem to have a helpfile, though I think it used to.  The proper name to the zone is "Mountain Fortress".
There's other full zones out there that don't have helpfiles, some have extremely minimalist ones (Cloud Kingdom), or oddball alternate names ("gay waterzone").
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:05:18 PM by Rhak »

Tajs

• Favorite Zone: Dun mir
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 07:06:05 AM »
"The fortress of Zhaman was destroyed in the blast that ended the Dwarfgate Wars. The tower fell in upon itself and melted into the shape of a leering skull. Thus, it is now known as Skullcap."