Author Topic: Patch notes as at 20/08  (Read 5211 times)

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Danger Zone
Patch notes as at 20/08
« on: August 20, 2016, 05:35:10 AM »
Below is a list of changes that have been made broken into four sections. Enjoy.

Items and item loads
Below are listed some of the changes to items and item load rates. This does not include spells, that is in a separate category. I couldn't list all the changes, so some you'll have to discover for yourselves.

• Weapon changes were rolled back across the board.
  • Countless damage items have been restored to their former glory. Some timers and stats have been changed. I can't list them, it's just too many.
  • Damage reduction by % on items has been removed from almost everything. Some items that historically had either LIMIT_DAMAGE or MINOR_LIMIT_DAMAGE have been restored to their previous state, the others have for the most part been changed completely.
  • Lord Rayne now loads some new equipment.
  • The ring of knights has been renamed, changed stats and moved somewhere completely different.
  • Lifestealer now loads somewhere different. The location it once loaded is de-linked.
  • Inverted cross has been moved to a different demon that isn't as easy to access.
  • Dragon teeth bracelet renamed and re-added somewhere in the world.
  • Dragon orbs can healing mist once more.
  • Dragon orbs are now shamanable.
  • Gilean's spire has had two old items added back in. One is pretty shiny.
  • Frostbyte had several of the weaker item loads given a buff to match the new mobile strength.
  • Master of Maces and Gruarth got several item buffs to match the new mobile strength.
  • Ochre's bad items got a minor buff to make them desirable, but had their limits changed.
  • Ochre & Aspre, Frostbyte, Glymmer, Master of Maces, Verminaard, Ancient, Lytburg Hydra, Faldainen, Forgotten Temple, Irda, Spire, Egreckl, Dracos, Finale, Peorx, Lord & Lady Rayne, Skullcap, Sleet & Feal, Cloud Kingdom, Castle uth Wistan, Mystic Vault & Queen, Storms, Silvanesti Secrets, Cyan, Numerous mobs in Blood Shoal, Qualinesti, and probably a couple of others that slip my mind have had their load rates adjusted - generally resulting in lower load rates. This should help re-circulate equipment somewhat.
  • Ambeoutin, a fierce red and gold spear, Arctic Night and Stormbringer are now more awesome (to differing degrees)
  • Argentine no longer loads anything so bad that you want to kill yourself after paying for it.
  • Mithas had a couple of items given a minor pump up. Two items were restored to their former glory.
  • Terzak's Tower rewards got a buff for generally being a nightmare to run.
  • Forgotten temple now has quite a few unlimited items. This combined with its much lower load rates (making it less likely to be completely maxed) should make it worth while to run occasionally.
  • ToT got some equipment buffs and a couple of items there are no longer limited.
  • The shield of Huma is now awesome again. The sword of Huma is better than it was, but still pales in comparison to the shield.
  • There is an evil auto-haste set. Go find it and bash things.
  • Numerous items had their NOIDENT or |fake_lore removed. If you find something that is NOID or fake_lore, feel free to message me about it. Some I left on purpose, so there's no guarantee I'll remove it but feel free to ask.
  • Skullcap equipment got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard. It was overpowered, no way around it. The rewards are still very shiny though.
  • A thick yellow tome now loads in two locations around the world. Studying it will give you access to the alchemy quest as if you had completed the full quest line. This is a ghetto fix to circumvent the broken quest system. We'll try and get this fixed as some stage, but this will have to suffice for now. Path quests are still completed by embracing at their respective mobiles.
  • Ancient Keep and Aspre now reset correctly, meaning you don't need to murder them for items to load. Many other mobs around the world also were altered, which I will not list. Load rates on most of them were nerfed to account for the fact they no longer need to die to load equipment.
  • Quester rod got a slight buff.
  • Khur had some item nerfs, some other item buffed, and some load rate tweaks.
  • Dragon hilted claymore is now decent.
  • Lady Claudia's equipment no longer sucks.
  • Kagonesti Hinterlands, Que Kul and a couple of other low-mid areas had some items made rent decay to prevent hoarding.
  • Flexible Red, Blue, Green, Regal Green and Brass dragon scale sets were re-implemented. There are others as well, go find them. The stats for some unlimited sets will be published but most will not be published.
  • +% healing done has been added to numerous druid only items to help people focus on healing, if they desire.
  • +% healing done added to a few shaman items, but less than druids.
  • Some class sets, particularly the tanks, got a very minor buff. I'll have to change the set sticky's at some point, but I won't do it today.
  • All three alignments now have one +10% damage dealt body item loading somewhere in the world. These are not scout-able because mountain scouts are a thing.

Spells and spell loads

• Heal will now heal players to full HP, but may not for mobiles depending on their maximum HP. It will heal them for a very large number though.
  • Lightning storm got a pump up. Its damage should now be much more consistent and generally higher.
  • Astral locator, shadow wrap and delayed blast fireball have been removed from red, white and black robes respectively. They have been removed from all relevant spell books as well.
  • Top end spells have been re-shuffled slightly and had their load locations switched around, though still using the same spots.
  • Power word stun has been added for all three robes. This spell is only acquirable through two means. One requires luck, the other requires brawn.
  • Lightning storm and sunray will once again load in places they used to, albeit with much lower load rates.
  • The spell loading at Cyan has changed somewhat. I will leave this to you to discover.
  • With the quest system broken one of the two omen load locations was inaccessible. To compensate, more easily solvable keywords have been added to the entrance of the functioning omen quest. Additionally, omen has had another load location added.
  • Nightmare land chance increased ever so slightly.
  • A new mage spell book has been added which can contain any robed mage spell ranging lower frosted glass tier up to and including power word stun. This book will death load from over 20 mobiles around the world which range in difficulty, including a couple of mobiles which are a challenge for large groups down to a couple that are solo-able. The mobiles are generally not obscure so expect these to pop up from time to time on your adventures. Make sure  to cross your fingers when you see one.

World changes

• En'gla and Gruarth got a pump up in strength. They should pose more of a challenge now.
  • Frostbyte got a bit of a pump up. This already happened on live game, though when we rolled back changes on our server that was undone so their strength may not match completely. Some of you may not notice a change - if you haven't visited Frosty for a few months then consider yourself warned.
  • Castle uth Wistan vault nerfed, had one item taken away and loads less coins. Its still worth knowing, but isn't utterly unbalanced anymore.
  • Numerous old zones which every player knows, yet very few solved have had a couple of keywords changed. Generally speaking one keyword will have changed along with its relevant clue, and the location of said clue will be the same as always. If you actually know the zones this should not pose a problem to you, if you don't then it might be time to get your explorer hat on.
  • The Huma quest has changed. This was long overdue, since it had remained the same for about eight years. Thanks to Terk for this one - but before you freak out don't worry, I'll check to make sure there's no "jiggimatwirl wheelchair softly" keywords before we go live.
  • Mystic vault combination and all relevant clues changed.
  • Dozens of inns are now rentable again.
  • Due to increased competition in the rental market stronghold innkeepers have reduced their fees to match the market rate of other major cities.
  • Stronghold alchemists will now sell sustenance potions, repose potions and summon faerie scrolls.

Other changes

Damage messages
Staggers from your fearsome hit and enshrouded in a mist of blood have been removed. Obliterates now range up to 100ish HP. Anything above 100 will have a different message - mutilate. This was chosen basically because it rhymes with annihilate and obliterate. Eviscerates was a close second. See below:
Jorquin obliterates YOU with its hit.
Jorquin mutilates YOU with its hit.

World bosses
Ten world bosses have been added around the world. They've been created on relatively short notice, so some may be ruthlessly overpowered while others might be not quite ruthless enough. If you attempt any of these please log it so that I can see for balancing purposes. They are scattered around the world in easily accessible locations (vague clues will be given below) to allow easy CR if you get wrecked. You will be able to spot the entrance to each boss's lair due to an object called "a wall of swirling shadows" on the ground outside. This wall will block pk flagged characters from entering. The rooms are also capped at 5 players. Only one boss can be alive at any point, and they will not spawn frequently. They have good rewards which should not get maxed, though I'll be keeping a close eye on how much of their equipment is floating around and may adjust the boss load rate accordingly. Below are some clues on locations. You will likely find their lairs during your travels, but I thought it would be fun to start people speculating.

Clues:
  • I dwell amidst the ashes of countless adventurers.
  • I command a contingent of the scaly.
  • My name is small, but I am mighty.
  • Mirrors and water surround my home.
  • The forest is dark and full of terrors.
  • Death flows freely beside my grove.
  • I am bound to a tomb amidst the mountains.
  • I meditate in the shadow of giants.
  • Beside the gate to steel I wait.
  • Challenging me would be a grave mistake.

Races
Races have changed substantially. I will transfer the full post to this forum and sticky it. Help files haven't been updated yet, so please refer to the forum for guidance when choosing your race.

Ranks
Ranks have been adjusted and in general made cheaper. This reduction in cost is mainly in line with coins, though some ranks have had their rank cost reduced as well. Additionally there are several new ranks. Head down to the rank merchant to check them out.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
Re: Patch notes as at 20/08
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:38:04 AM »
Damage messages
Staggers from your fearsome hit and enshrouded in a mist of blood have been removed. Obliterates now range up to 100ish HP. Anything above 100 will have a different message - mutilate. This was chosen basically because it rhymes with annihilate and obliterate. Eviscerates was a close second. See below:

Thanks for the heads up, the single most critical update you've made by far.

Code: [Select]
^([A-Za-z \,\.\-\']+) (mutilates|obliterates|annihilates|massacres|bruises|misses) ([A-Za-z \,\.\-\']+) with (his|her|their|its|a) (whip|plunk|hit|shoot|crush|drain|sting|slash|cleave|stab|pierce|claw|bite|bludgeon|smite)\.$
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:39:43 AM by Oligo »

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:39:44 AM »
All the slash, slash hard, very hard, extremely hard is still there too.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
Anything above 100 will have a different message - mutilate. This was chosen basically because it rhymes with annihilate and obliterate. Eviscerates was a close second. See below:

Safe to assume mutilate is a two-way street?
It also applies to not only receiving damage but also dishing out damage as well?

Code: [Select]
^You (mutilate|obliterate|annihilate|massacre|bruise|miss) ([A-Za-z \,\.\-\']+) with (a|your) (plunk|hit|shoot|crush|drain|sting|slash|cleave|stab|pierce|claw|bite|bludgeon|smite)\.$

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:48:26 AM »
Yes.

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 11:08:20 AM »
Are all of these changes live now or going live after the wipe?

I'm excited either way!

Jorquin

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 11:22:17 AM »
After the wipe.

oom

• Fodder
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »
Awesome thanks!

Bryton

• Zoner
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 01:55:12 PM »
Nice work Daniel and staff

el conquistador

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 02:18:43 PM »
its going to be a good wipe!  thanks for all the hard work

kmark101

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 03:41:07 AM »
The shield of Huma is now awesome again. The sword of Huma is better than it was, but still pales in comparison to the shield.

Btw why is the weapon of huma is a sword and not a lance? I think this was always a problem and originates from the time when there was no polearm skill or something. Also it would be good if only paladins and warriors could use this weapon, so making it polearm would be a good change.

puff

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
No gnomish dragonlance + gnomish ring of power change??

:(

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 05:04:53 PM »
what aboot Decimate!!

Jorake

• Zoner
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »
All the new life being pumped into Arctic. Can't wait to play in 5 days!

Sanjuro

• Overseer
  • Fodder
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 10:34:28 PM »
eviscerate > mutilate. but really, you should use terminate.