Author Topic: [Serious] Does anyone even care about PK besides RISE?  (Read 3553 times)

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
Re: [Serious] Does anyone even care about PK besides RISE?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 07:36:39 AM »
maybe make it so that if there WAS a "nopk" option character upon rolling, you could wear NO limit gear and just have like triple the health points and +2 stats across board or something. and then have ZERO damage reduction added. making less of a need for gear, but also allowing people that want to fight and war ONLY able to do so and actually score kills.

meanwhile the rest of the mud that doesnt care to keep regearing daily due to nuisance players can keep enjoying the game the way they like as well.

Super Tacoman

• Fodder
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 11:14:14 AM »
maybe make it so that if there WAS a "nopk" option character upon rolling, you could wear NO limit gear and just have like triple the health points and +2 stats across board or something. and then have ZERO damage reduction added. making less of a need for gear, but also allowing people that want to fight and war ONLY able to do so and actually score kills.

meanwhile the rest of the mud that doesnt care to keep regearing daily due to nuisance players can keep enjoying the game the way they like as well.

might be nice.  i would do it without even any extra hp and stats.

i used to be a pretty big randomer a long time ago, but i havent tried to kill anyone for probably 10 years.  i guess i got old and boring.  even when someone kills me i just try to re-equip and hope they wont keep doing it.  if they do, then i usually just quit the game for a while.  that part of the game doesnt interest me at all anymore.

i just like to team up with my friends and make progress in the game.

i can see why pkill needs to exist though.  its important for a game that has limited items, but also for the people who have already done all the zones and completed their characters to have something fun to do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:17:39 AM by Super Tacoman »

Thymorical

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Abyss
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »
Opt no pk is in game.  U just have to stay in the inn.

gulca

• Zone Leader
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 08:53:01 PM »
Opt no pk is in game.  U just have to stay in the inn.

you can still die. login screen is best.

here is an idea.

each clan can buy a no hassle day statue in their inn. cost 2 million coins and 1000 crp. you are allowed to set the no pk day at the beginning of each week. choose Monday and Sunday, you'll have 2 days of zoning spying to reequip.

rest of the week, the clan is free to pk.

each week, statues require 50 crp and 10k coins to buy the no hassle day.

clan members more than 1 week old will only be affected by this flag.

no hassle means you can't aggro and others can't aggro you.

Nostramazos

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 09:45:23 PM »
That is a terrible idea...Maza knows only one zone called CT and we are not even sure what CT means because some times we use ct to speak to each other and that confuses the hell out of us. So imagine if the big clan of buffoons does CT all the time to gather their 2m coins. Where does that leave us?

No, stick to the plan. Non-pk option for those who want to. Then the imbeciles will start floating belly up in the cream, dead or dying because they cannot showcase their powers of quick typing and awesome scripting to pk the rest of us. And it is the rest of us that matter.

Nostramazos, Leader of the rest of us

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 04:40:43 AM »
Wilds only pk whoever they get attacked by because for years  they cheat and would of got punished by Hoss for doing so because they are already OP due to all the knowledge they "figured out" not to say they didnt figure out most of it but definitely not all of it...I was allowed to multi/char share/bot because all we did was PVE but then were allowed to actually pvp when it came time to fight another clan who was just doing the same thing....oh what clans am i talking bout BSP/CORE.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 04:47:48 AM »
RISE ends up PKing WILDS because they will end up getting most of the EQ and when they went to war, CORE Was able to play all day without 2 top clans who get most of the limit gear. It lead them to eventually get CYAN with no problem and then eventually all the decays those two clans couldn't repop anymore being forced off unless either sides squad was on. Seriously just make it PVE so we can see how many people will not play this game anymore. I mean POKER has more of a war aspect to it then this lets hold hands and get all these spells and equipment simply to use them for PVE. I mean sure lets make it PVE, lets vote but unless there is a tourney held every week at least this game is going to be dead again with just PVE.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 04:55:34 AM »
I just want to know what happen to you Kadaj, that has you butt hurt so much still? Normally Rise will only try to identify WILD unknowns when the online players go higher and there still isn't any wilds on, if you do not have good gear and don't seem like a WILD unknown your clan should be able to help you out and if you have no clan how did you get that good gear!? THAT SHIT IS MINE! You should join a clan and if you do not want to well know you do not have anyone to back you up and keep your shinies safe. These are all aspects of the game that we love and the reason any of us still play or played it back in the day. It's just like life, if you cannot protect your stuff then you're going to lose it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:03:29 AM by newbie123321 »

Kadaj

• Zoner
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 05:29:36 AM »
I just want to know what happen to you Kadaj, that has you butt hurt so much still?

I'm sorry, I am not quite sure who I am addressing. I have no problem with PK, I have done my fair share of it. I've lost great gear and won great gear in many battles. My question was, besides RISE, who cares about PK in this game? I could not care less if RISE jumps clan X or CORE decides to battle clan Y or WILDS sit there and cheat like they always do. That's not my main goal on this game. As I mentioned before, the only reason I still play this game is because I can do so at work while getting paid. I also remember that this is a game, it's a playground to do whatever you want. If you want to attack someone, by all means go ahead. If you want to be left alone to explore and find new things, more power to you. I just wanted to hear from the playerbase what their stance on PK is now that we aren't 15 year old kids anymore.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
Obviously If I had my way dan I would only explore for the most part. I feel bad killing just about anyone myself until i have no choice. I dont play the game to ruin it for anyone else, but I get that people want to test out their crews and their shinies in battle, and im not against that.

The only really crappy thing about the way pk goes sometimes is that if 2 people decide to log on and start hunting down everyone and their mother, and now that we consider giving them the ability to bot its more like 2-8 people.... so there is potentially a full groups worth of enemies roaming around the mud, just those 2 people alone can ruin the mud for a whole lot more than 2 people.

So where do you draw the line?  And how do you prevent people from being seriously unwanted douchebags or nuisances for the rest of us that can handle social hour with the rest of the mud... Maybe just attack people that are tagged only? Obviously some people will never let that fly and keep hunting every single person they dont know just because they think if they dont know you, you must be an enemy...

Random pk fun had its chance and there were way too many tools and fools abusing it. Its still not against the rules, but if you abuse it I wouldnt be surprised if eventually YOU DID lose it...

And honestly whoever this newbie dude is, if you wanted real statistics instead of some small amount of people that would quit due to not being able to pk, try to imagine the last decades worth of people that those exact same people, have chased off of the mud because they DID get to pk them all mercilessly into quitting.

I am not saying this should become an entirely pve mud, but i am absolutely saying that pk has chased off more people than not being able to would have. Some people just take it too far by nature and must have some minor levels of borderline personality disorder because the whole I dont give a shit and I will do whatever is fun for just ME attitude has screwed things up for numerous good players that I know I will never see log on again.

There is nothing more ironic than watching a bunch of playerkilling veterans get onto the forums and try to play the victim.... who ARE you actually trying to fool??
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:19:44 AM by Gramm »

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 12:17:22 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:20:24 PM by newbie123321 »

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
Also Ilya as much as you would like to believe I set you up that one day when you got pk'd. I was just being a idiot and you came down like a hero to save me but we both got jumped. Now I know you set me up tho and all I was doing was trying to help you as I always have done to get your gear or your spells, like a soldier! But I know you set me up to give a item back to your beloved eric. Who tried running away from you. He even left and tried to do his own thing and go to another clan even, just so he did not have to deal with you! But i'm sure he let you in his clan again with open arms after you pulled that bullshit off because eric loves shit like that. Sneaky lying scum, don't get me wrong tho I love that shit as well. Eric tho is smart enough to never unmask himself tho because he is a genius but I have gotten him to unveil it once when I proposed some evil shit once. He is pretty much the best secret hitler I have ever seen, If you have never played secret hitler then go play it.

Willoe

• Guardian
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Palanthas Graveyard
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 01:30:03 PM »
David honestly if you still believe that I set you up you can stay blocked. Don't drag me in to your flame battle.

newbie123321

• Fodder
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »
Of course you would have to say that you're a fascist! Trying to protect your Hitler! Once again another Secret Hitler reference. Hoo Haw, Ha Ha. I'm not actually comparing you guys to the real fascist and hitler just what players have to do in the Game of Secret Hitler because mud is like D and D, Munchkin, Secret Hitler all rolled into one. I know both you and eric are nice guys who have children and are genuinely nice guys but bapt you both for that wipe with BSP bruh still salty.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 02:22:42 PM »
Black magus is clearly a member of core. Who, I do not know. But considering wild doesn't accept new members and rise can't load astral locator to save its life, there is only one destination where he would have benefitted from having that spell and therefore defend it.