Author Topic: Back after a LONG time.  (Read 2058 times)

Falhawk

Back after a LONG time.
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:10:51 PM »
I last played around 20 years ago under either this name of Hawkson.  I've been feeling like trying it out again but I can't remember for the life of me anything I did.  I know I used a mud app which would let me set macros to log in and even to travel quickly but again I can't remember them.  If someone has time I'd love to get some tips on how to re-enter the fold.

Thanks!

Lewis

Re: Back after a LONG time.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 01:00:06 PM »
Hey I also just started again after several years off. If you are talking about a mud client, JMC is a decent one and is easy to use. I still had a lot of my old config files with some triggers, aliases, highlights etc. I'll send (msg or email) them to you if you're interested. As for JMC, a generic link to download it seems to be https://sourceforge.net/projects/jmc/ but I personnally downloaded a more recent version from the russian site and it's in english. I'm a frenchie so I semi-randomly clicked on what looked like the download button, got myself a .zip. I google-translated russian-english the help page, but the help files from older versions of JMC will do.

Falhawk

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 01:44:57 PM »
Alright, cool I will check it out.  Thanks!

Also cool to see posts from Oligo on here, I remember the epic battle logs he had.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 03:05:48 PM »
Also cool to see posts from Oligo on here, I remember the epic battle logs he had.

I do have those logs from the '96 to '02 or so era, unfortunately my hosting provider at the time lost the database some years back.
I may eventually rehost them. If there's any particular fight you wanted to see or reminisce, I can definitely provide a link on an adhoc basis.

To bring you up to speed, Suf's is where most folks post and debate logs/fights these days.
http://arctic.elay.org/

Due to the way the game has evolved and changed, you don't quite see the same scale and frequency of pk as you did 2 decades ago due to a variety of reasons (legend, rank grind, group limits, aging player population, etc).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:08:14 PM by Oligo »

Falhawk

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 06:21:47 AM »
I will totally check out those logs.  I remember beings psyched to see my name in them.  It was fun to see the screen scroll text like crazy.

Oligo

• Immortal
  • Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Dunmir
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:06:29 PM »
I remember beings psyched to see my name in them.  It was fun to see the screen scroll text like crazy.
If you tell me your old char names, I can write a quick script to scan my log collection and provide you links.

Quid

• Favorite Zone: Mortigoth
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:22:13 AM »
Wow, that really was a blast from the past, also, HI OLIGO