Author Topic: barbarian rescue  (Read 2132 times)

gnua

• Zone Leader
barbarian rescue
« on: April 15, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »
is it my imagination or has barbarian rescue been nerfed? it seems to be missing much more than i remember from a few years ago.

Aristox

• Administrator
  • Zone Leader
Re: barbarian rescue
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 06:04:16 AM »
We haven't changed it at all.

Chisul

• Immortal
  • Zoner
  • Favorite Zone: Pax
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »
My guess is the rescue success is tied to a stat that you probably rolled higher in the past. I'm finding all sorts of skills that are working differently now that my chars stats took an overall reduction.

snax

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 03:25:39 PM »
We haven't changed it at all.

[logical continuation of the quote]

Now would you please insert your penis into this pencil sharpener, we've failed to make everyone quit yet.  There are still 3 people on at the low tide.  This must be rectified.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 11:43:29 AM »
bring them back then randy!

snax

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 10:30:24 PM »
bring them back then randy!

I love your favorite zone.  Did Hoss make that zone?  Is suckland the high level clan zone where there's a badass nomagic fight and all mobs in the zone load at least a 2d3 2/2 ?  With the main mob having stun/decap/immune_normal_weapons and loads a +move by 3 body worn?

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 10:22:38 PM »
no because that wouldnt suck. people might try to actually go there for a challenge.
its kind of like a bar where eviltim,bryton, joe, and brandon chill out talking smack about hoss and the rent sucks and you cant afford the drinks. and they dont even give you anything to kill.

jrrestad

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »
Yea, barb rescue sucks.  After 2 legendary (one exotic on not) I started a paladin.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 01:11:55 PM »
Yea, barb rescue sucks.  After 2 legendary (one exotic on not) I started a paladin.

has it always been this way? i'm sure it was better when i played one years ago (maybe 5 or so?)

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 05:17:21 PM »

I remember in the wipe race of 98, multiple tanks were claiming that I was much harder to rescue than the other cleric in the group. When we got lores, it turned out I had a much higher dex than the other cleric. I always wondered if dex affected rescue from that day forward...