Author Topic: Healing Cloud  (Read 9761 times)

Tajs

• Favorite Zone: Dun mir
Healing Cloud
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:38:58 AM »
First, I have to say I like the idea about changing healing/curing system!

Second, I would like to suggest, that the change to healing cloud is rather that it cures 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of max curing; instead of a complete miss chance making it rather unreliable for 8th circle, that's a shame I think. Or reduce duration..

Third, looking forward to coming updates! :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:04:07 PM by Tajs »

jrrestad

Re: Healing Cloud
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »
I don't disagree with nerfing healing cloud somehow.  I would prefer a randomized cure rather than random chance for it to land too.

But really, can we buff up resist element?  Druids should be more utility than curing, and resists have been a little weak for a while...

I always felt druids should have had elemental armor and not shamans.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
  • Favorite Zone: Suckland.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »
Should just put healing cloud has been removed :p , or is there anything potentially beneficial to the druids using healing cloud this wipe in that deal?
Is it a % chance to heal the ENTIRE group? or only two still max?
Does it heal potentially more hps returned? or.. the exact same?
Can you actually rely on a druid in the place of a shaman or a cleric for most places still?
Can we make stoneskin essences a higher % load or give some kind of back rub to those poor souls that would be druids? :p

haha druids are seriously strong at full legend level, but I hope this isn't overcompensation for being rickjamesmode!!
unless the idea is to scare us all into becoming shamen!

RichE

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »
So Druids can no longer take the spot of a Cleric.  That shouldn't be a bad change, or an unexpected one.

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
Gramm. I don't think druids were ever intended to supplement healers and shamans as Primary Healers.  They have been OP for several wipes now.  This change now brings them back to their support role.  (Stoneskin, area Primal Fury, backup group healer, area damager).  Removing healing cloud completely... i hope you were being sarcastic... because I personally wouldn't mind them doing it.... but the chorus of whine would increase 10 fold.

A druid who has a Healing Cloud at legend (assuming it doesn't change further) will land 1 massive cure to the lowest hp player in group most rounds.  Occasionally 2 people and occasionally none (assuming the change works as specified).  This only makes druids unplayable for people who have become accustomed to having an OP cure bot who can keep an entire group healed with a #action {The cloud of light blinks}{c 'h c'} trigger < or something to the effect.

P.S.  Stoneskin is now buffed due to the debuff of Healing Cloud.  Mem more.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
So Druids can no longer take the spot of a Cleric.  That shouldn't be a bad change, or an unexpected one.

I think the idea is that there will be gear to increase the cloud rain % and so druids will need eq to take the place of a cleric. Perhaps ungeared legendary "trash healing" will become significantly less powerful but geared healing could be more powerful than before but such a character would then be occupying eq slots that were otherwise dedicated to +slot, +hp, spellsaves, etc...

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »
It was some of it sarcasm yes eddie and rich! but only the line about replace clerics. shaman OR druids should not be able to replace a cleric. Both of them have damage, shamans have more physical damage and druids have more spell damage. But I personally notice a problem convincing people to play a cleric at all. If clerics don't do any damage in comparison to a shaman or a druid prelegend, why should either a druid or a shaman be able to touch them.

And if healing cloud was removed it would be kinda neat to see what fun spell it might be replaced with also, I agree with maybe removing it entirely, replace it with steelskin spell or something, that you could cast on others. I personally don't use cure critical after I get healing cloud with a decent amount of % healing done because granite hand and primal fury are just too strong in comparison for that slot.
But if trying to get druids back to non healing types overall then it WOULD be good to remove it and just give them some huge 8th slot damage spell, or strong shieldbuff.
Of course this is all based on an opinion that healing cloud WILL be weak. But if it is not as hurting as I fear being a druid player then perhaps this is all just boohoo for no reason :p Guess we will have to see.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
I'm with everyone else on this one.  The % to hit makes druid supplement healing very unreliable and therefore, druids will get left out of 8mans attempting to do harder fights.  Based on previous conversations, I think the objective of the immortals was to allow lower group sizes to do more with less from a class standpoint.  This doesn't follow that same train of thought.  I would recommend nerfing hard the healing done, similar to what has happened to clerics, and allow druids to build their heal cloud back up based on gear they acquire for +healing done.  I do think that 300 dam p/round from 2 clouds was a bit much on a naked legend druid.  Maybe a naked legend druid's cloud would do 50-75 dam per/cloud and a fully geared legend druid would do 100-125 p/cloud.

reed23

• Zone Leader
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »
I'd also like to say with druid going to more of a utility role, Veil of Ice should get a buff.  No one ever uses it with its current duration (2 rounds).  I think it could be a very very nice spell if it went to 5-7 rounds.

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
complete sentences Gramm...

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
Gramm you are sorely mistaken that shamans are better than healers at direct damage or in any form.

Shaman at legend: most of the better spirits extremely or massacre (standing)when amplified at best
Shamans can also double annihilate or even oblit with a great prime and some damage. Casting also takes away the shamans melee round.

Cleric at legend: Can animate 3 auto hasted double annihilate or obliterate (standing) corpses. Rapture turns a dwarven smasher into an annihilating obliterating weapon and they don't lose melee combat round when casting and mem in battle to boot.

Beyond this clerics also have greater frags than shamans. (cause light, serious, crit, harm, flame strike, dispel evil/good, soul leech, sunbolt, Sunray , and holy word) as opposed to (vile spirits and soul leech only).

Heal has also been significantly stronger than regen from levels 21-28 at least. And still superior even to a level thirty shamans regen. Have you ever tried to solo heal a zone as a non legend shaman? It won't be pretty.

The fact is both Clerics and Shamans primary roles are healing. They should be equally or near as efficient as each other. Just because Druids (who never were intended as a primary healing class) got gimped, does not mean they should gimp a class that is primarily a healer.

Zozen

• Immortal
  • Zoner
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »
A couple classes won't be viable for 8 man for end game pve...doesn't mean they aren't a viable class for other means. Healing cloud was stupid. I would have preferred to see it removed or given to healers under the name healing mist and healing mist to Druids and call it healing cloud.

muddeer

• Fodder
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
These changes suck.  Arctic was already too gear dependent, and it's getting worse and worse every wipe.  People are afraid to lose their shinies, so don't fight and hoard their good stuff on storages.  We need a game that's more player-skill and knowledge dependent, not on which clan you belong to or who your friends are.

Arctic is now just a competition to see who gets the best gear.  No wonder everyone wipe-day rush now days and then the mud is dead rest of the wipe;  all wants to grab the shinies, declare themselves the winner and deep rent.  Why keep playing?  To chase decays?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:19:35 PM by muddeer »

Beryv

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 05:53:16 PM »
Do you play naked characters when you play? All this does is add another element to the equation of how people gear their casters. More slots? More saves? More healing done? If anything I see an increase in options meaning more useful gear being spread out across a smaller population. Just like lower stats make certain plus stat gear more desirable so too will this have an affect on increasing the desirability of gear that might have previously been overlooked or deemed not great.

The game already rewards knowledge and there is of course stuff out there that has not even been figured out. If that's what gets you off you can sit in mystic, Uth, cot or a whole other assortment of other zones I won't bother mentioning for days and see if you can find the hidden treasures.

Gramm

• Zone Leader
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:27 PM »
Ok I guess this makes more sense from that aspect.. druids were a lot bit too strong even in their birthday suits.
rabble rabble rabble They took errr heals!
looking forward to seeing most of these new changes and the wipe thanks for updates.