Author Topic: December, 7th 2015 --Healing Changes  (Read 4185 times)

Hoss

• Elder
December, 7th 2015 --Healing Changes
« on: December 07, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »
The healing system for the upcoming wipe has been completely redesigned. Healing spells and skills have all been updated to scale more effectively with level and equipment.
Each healing spell/skill now has a certain amount (range) of hit points (level based) that it will recover as well as more of an emphasis on healing_factor and healing_bonus (healing done % and healing received %). This will allow a healer to amplify their healing spells by a considerable amount.

Core Healing Class changes:
Cleric:
  • The 'heal' spell no longer heals 100%. It is still the strongest healing spell and scales the best with equipment, but will not be able to pull your tank from awful to perfect without some effort. For example: A naked level 30 cleric might only heal a 800 hit point tank for 400 hp, whereas a geared cleric might even hit that full 800 with the right gear. A geared cleric's cure light could hit you for 120 hit points. *all numbers only for example
  • The 'healing mist' spell doesn't suck anymore
Druid:
'healing cloud' now has a 50% chance to rain each round *down from 100%

Shaman:
'healing wave' now scales with level and equipment of caster instead of recipient of the spell

While this system is new and some of the changes might seem dramatic, we would like to make slow methodically updates as needed to both the system and to any equipment.
We learned a lot from casting level and will not be rushing to add healing % to all equipment right off the bat. We want this change to occur slowly so that we can monitor the effectiveness and ensure we are getting it dialed in correctly. We will be looking for constructive feedback on the system so that we can get it into that sweet spot. In the same vein, abuse and unreported bugs with this new system will not be tolerated and will be met with "Hoss" punishments.

We hope this will bring a lot of enjoyment to the game and open up some new possibilities with healing and healing classes in the future.

jrrestad

Re: December, 7th 2015 --Healing Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
Will healing mobs be affected by these changes?

sloopi

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »
Does healing cloud scale with levels and gear now as well?

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
@jrrestad: yes
@sloopi: all healing scales with level and gear

eddiex

• Zoner
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »
Will Paladins and their dragons still have cure light and serious? A 1000 hp steel skin tank who can also cure themselves significantly and still get their melee combat strike seems a little outlandish. Hope this has been considered.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »
Will Paladins and their dragons still have cure light and serious? A 1000 hp steel skin tank who can also cure themselves significantly and still get their melee combat strike seems a little outlandish. Hope this has been considered.

Are you thinking that paladins will start gearing their dragons with +healing_done eq? I would think that without any gear on the dragons, the changes would be a nerf to the dragons. But if casters gotta gear up, then I guess it is only fair that tank pets need to as well. Though I must admit, the thought of an elite paladin's dragon out hitting, out tanking, AND out healing the trash healer is kinda funny. It might even reduce the incentive to bot :p
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:02:25 PM by gnua »

jrrestad

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »

Hush. Don't ruin this before my dream of Paladin healers comes true.

gnua

• Zone Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »
Shaman:
'healing wave' now scales with level and equipment of caster instead of recipient of the spell

Are there any changes to regeneration?

snax

Re: December, 7th 2015 --Healing Changes - Clarification
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »
Probably posted it on the wrong thread but will only HEALING sphere spells be affected by the changes?  Will necromancy and drain_critical, drain_serious, bestow life, etc non healing sphere be exempt from changes?

Jarrad

• Fodder
  • Favorite Zone: Isle of Shadows
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:01:00 PM »
Haven't played in a while but when you refer to skills will this include revivification or whatever it was called for legend barbs and the warrior cheat skill that gave them hundreds of hp per tic? Drain and lay?
Regards healing cloud, simply make it do cure serious instead of crit and give it natural environment only flag so only legend Druids can use it anywhere. And stop it from following the caster. Should be static to room it is cast in and inactive if Druid is not present.
Hoss I see your nerf bat and raise you a nerf cannon!

Hoss

• Elder
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 11:30:54 PM »
Here is a video to get you all warmed up..See you in the morning.

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 12:34:25 AM »
After having been forced to watch Nymphomaniacs vol I and II, I can't look at him the same anymore. 

Brafu

• Zoner
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »
He..... I... I don't know what to say about that video other than the Autobots should have let the Decepticons kill him.

EDIT::

That video distracted me so much that I totally missed...

"After having been forced to watch Nymphomaniacs vol I and II, I can't look at him the same anymore."

Wait.... someone forced you to actually watch them? Even all of the static parts in between the sex????
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:42:10 AM by Brafu »

Rinad

• Immortal
  • Favorite Zone: Deep Mines
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 11:00:33 AM »
yes my wife